Former GM Plant Employee: Paul Ryan 'Should Be Ashamed Of Himself'

Without Obama's help, all of General Motors plants would be closed.

Speculation on your part...

Might be open and producing vehicles under another name, but it's speculation that they'd be closed...

And with 0bama's help, lots of Chrysler dealerships closed...

I mean the ones who didn't donate to him, of course....

But that was necessary, according to Shitting Bull....

Might be open and producing vehicles under another name, but it's speculation that they'd be closed...

Speculation? I know you're extremely stupid, but GM announced the future closure of the Janesville plant many months before Obama became president.

Speculation? I know you're extremely stupid, but GM announced the future closure of the Janesville plant many months before Obama became president.

Had someone bought GM, who knows what would have remained open or not...

And you said ALL GM plants would have been closed, fuckstain...

Come on, Shitting Bull... Use your head...

Bush Administration Praised Closure Of Auto Plant That Ryan Now Blames On Obama

By Zack Beauchamp on Aug 30, 2012

Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) claimed during his convention speech Wednesday that President Obama is responsible for the closure of a GM plant in Janesville, Wisconsin. However, as many media outlets have noted, GM announced plans to close the plant in June ’08 — long before Obama was even elected — and it ceased major operations in December of that year.

For proof, just ask one of the more prominent supporters of the Janesville plant shutdown — the George W. Bush Administration. After all, the closure was part of a broader GM restructuring initiative that the then-President supported. White House Press Secretary Dana Perino even praised it as evidence of GM “adapting well:”

The White House called the announcement a sign that the auto giant was “adapting well” to market shifts.

“It’s a sign that Detroit continues to adapt and evolve and address the change in consumer tastes and attitudes. And I think that they’re adapting well,” spokeswoman Dana Perino said.

More: Bush Administration Praised Closure Of Auto Plant That Ryan Now Blames On Obama | ThinkProgress

Supporting Facts: CNN Fact Check: Did Ryan get Obama's GM speech right? - CNN.com

Announcing and closing are two different things. Did the 57+ employees left in the plant in 2009, when it closed, die from starvation and dehydration?

Last edited:
Janesville GM Assembly Plant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They were simply finishing contracts. It ain't rocket science...

The place was still OPEN and operating during the Obama Administration.

It certainly is NOT rocket science.

Your inaccuracy and/or persistent dishonesty is now exposed.

You poor dumbass. When a company makes a management decision to close a large plant like Janesville, they don't just flip a switch and walk out the door. Many expensive assets must be protected, and I would guess there may still be some security and maintenance personnel at that plant. It ain't rocket science...

Even though Obama watched the plant close in '09, the plant is still on standby, waiting for Obama to fulfill his promise:

bfd38d14.jpg

When is Obama going to provide that assistance for retooling?

Obama speaking to plant employees February 13, 2008 Closed? :eusa_hand:

Barack Obama Speaking at the GM Plant in Janesville, WI 2/13/2008 - YouTube

I think it is someone else who should be ashamed

February 13, 2008? What could then-Senator Obama have done to help GM? He didn't become president until almost a year later.

It was a campaign promise, silly.
He was a sitting Senator at the time and could have rallied for bail out funds?

Duh, the Janesville plant closure was a GM decision. Got any PROOF that Obama PROMISED to keep the plant open?

February 13, 2008? What could then-Senator Obama have done to help GM? He didn't become president until almost a year later.

Duh, the Janesville plant closure was a GM decision.

Obama was baldface lying to those Janesville workers, then, just to trick them into voting for him?

Geeez...this crap again?

Janesville GM Assembly Plant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On February 13, 2008, Democratic Presidential Candidate Barack Obama stated, "This can be America’s future. I know that General Motors received some bad news yesterday, and I know how hard your Governor has fought to keep jobs in this plant. But I also know how much progress you’ve made – how many hybrids and fuel-efficient vehicles you’re churning out. And I believe that if our government is there to support you, and give you the assistance you need to re-tool and make this transition, that this plant will be here for another hundred years. The question is not whether a clean energy economy is in our future, it’s where it will thrive. I want it to thrive right here in the United States of America; right here in Wisconsin; and that’s the future I’ll fight for as your President."
In June 2008, a study by Steven Deller, a University of Wisconsin-Extension professor, indicated that the plant's closure could result in a ripple effect for the county. Based on a number of estimates and 2007 employment data, his worst case scenario was the loss of 9,000 jobs and nearly half a billion dollars of labor income in Rock County.
57 production employees continued assembly work at the Janesville Assembly until April 2009, [/SIZE]completing the GM/Isuzu light truck partnership and then an additional 40 to 50 "skilled trade employees" worked to decommission the plant.

Someone tell Shitting Bull that wikipedia just pwned him.....

40 to 50 "skilled trade employees" worked to decommission the plant.

Duh, it ain't rocket science...

Way cool! So 57 + (40/50 avg) 45 = 102 employees locked up in a closed plant and left to die!
:clap2:

Last edited:

Duh, the Janesville plant closure was a GM decision. Got any PROOF that Obama PROMISED to keep the plant open?

Duh..yer right! The PROOF is in my first post in this fine thread...just look up and read. I even bolded it for ya!

Duh..yer right! The PROOF is in my first post in this fine thread...just look up and read. I even bolded it for ya!

Glad Ryan called Barry out for being such a lying sack of .... Obama.

Then-candidate Obama showed up at that Janesville plant in February 2008, during the primaries. This is what he said:

“I know that General Motors received some bad news yesterday, and I know how hard your governor has fought to keep jobs in this plant. But I also know how much progress you’ve made — how many hybrids and fuel-efficient vehicles you’re churning out,” Obama said. “And I believe that if our government is there to support you, and give you the assistance you need to re-tool and make this transition, that this plant will be here for another hundred years.”​

That was February. By June, GM announced they would close the Janesville plant.

More: The Story of the Janesville GM Plant | FDL News Desk - By: David Dayen

Then-candidate Obama showed up at that Janesville plant in February 2008, during the primaries. This is what he said:

“I know that General Motors received some bad news yesterday, and I know how hard your governor has fought to keep jobs in this plant. But I also know how much progress you’ve made — how many hybrids and fuel-efficient vehicles you’re churning out,” Obama said. “And I believe that if our government is there to support you, and give you the assistance you need to re-tool and make this transition, that this plant will be here for another hundred years.”​

We have already provided the quote of Obama's promise to assist this plant in retooling for the next 100 years.

The plant is on standby awaiting Obama to fulfill his promise.

Are you really as fucking stupid as you seem?

We have already provided the quote of Obama's promise to assist this plant in retooling for the next 100 years.

Oh, so now you want President Obama (GOVERNMENT) to dictate to General Motors how to run their private business? If GM doesn't wish to retool the plant - that's their business.

Oh, so now you want President Obama (GOVERNMENT) to dictate to General Motors how to run their private business? If GM doesn't wish to retool the plant - that's their business.

You are admitting Obama is a pathetic liar, aren't you?

Bush Administration Praised Closure Of Auto Plant That Ryan Now Blames On Obama

By Zack Beauchamp on Aug 30, 2012

Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) claimed during his convention speech Wednesday that President Obama is responsible for the closure of a GM plant in Janesville, Wisconsin. However, as many media outlets have noted, GM announced plans to close the plant in June ’08 — long before Obama was even elected — and it ceased major operations in December of that year.

For proof, just ask one of the more prominent supporters of the Janesville plant shutdown — the George W. Bush Administration. After all, the closure was part of a broader GM restructuring initiative that the then-President supported. White House Press Secretary Dana Perino even praised it as evidence of GM “adapting well:”

The White House called the announcement a sign that the auto giant was “adapting well” to market shifts.

“It’s a sign that Detroit continues to adapt and evolve and address the change in consumer tastes and attitudes. And I think that they’re adapting well,” spokeswoman Dana Perino said.

More: Bush Administration Praised Closure Of Auto Plant That Ryan Now Blames On Obama | ThinkProgress

Supporting Facts: CNN Fact Check: Did Ryan get Obama's GM speech right? - CNN.com

Another 20 cents for Shitting Bull....

Forum List

Back