Forced underage marriage in continue in Gaza

Daniyel

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2014
LA
Hey I bet you all missed me.
Hamas continue the mass marriage of 9 years old girls, any options? you can check out the full album here.
Mass Wedding Ceremony in Gaza City NurPhoto Agency

pictland

Some older stories..
snopes.com Hamas Mass Wedding for 450 Little Girls
Mass Hamas Wedding in Gaza With Girls 6-9 Years Old Palestine Israel Conflict

It's a hoax. You didn't even read your own links?
One picture worth a thousand words, and in fact there's a whole album there,take a good look and judge for yourself.

Some of those pictures themselves were part of a hoax. Pictures of an innocent event deliberately misused to look like child marriages. You did not even read your link. If you want to make a case, find some reputable sources that indicate there is mass child marriages going on there. Seriously - for someone who get's all up in arms when disgusting anti-semitic hoaxes are propogated you sure are doing the same thing.

One picture worth a thousand words, and in fact there's a whole album there,take a good look and judge for yourself.

Some of those pictures themselves were part of a hoax. Pictures of an innocent event deliberately misused to look like child marriages. You did not even read your link. If you want to make a case, find some reputable sources that indicate there is mass child marriages going on there. Seriously - for someone who get's all up in arms when disgusting anti-semitic hoaxes are propogated you sure are doing the same thing.
Actually I only relates to the album, when such ceremonies held in the past and were well covered by many news outlets, I only brought some older stories as well because seriously nobody ever mentioned what in the world this is if not a marriage ceremonies.
So maybe you can suggest what this is all about?

Actually I only relates to the album, when such ceremonies held in the past and were well covered by many news outlets, I only brought some older stories as well because seriously nobody ever mentioned what in the world this is if not a marriage ceremonies.

Yes I can. It was debunked in at least one other thread and it is explained in the Snopes article on mass child weddings by Hamas. That is why I questioned whether you even read your link?

from the site:

...Photographs and video from the latter event were quickly circulated via e-mail, accompanied by commentary asserting that most (or all) of the brides at the wedding were actually "pre-pubescent girls" who, despite being under ten years of age, were being married off to men in their mid- to late-twenties (in large part because the
older women who were the real brides were not visibly evident in those images).
Although the photographs and video footage did originate with the July 2009 mass wedding event, and they do show pre-pubescent girls dressed in clothing resembling bridal garb holding hands with older men, the young girls in these pictures were not being married off to adult males; they were relatives of the brides and grooms (typically nieces and cousins ranging in age from three to eight years old) who were merely ancillary participants in the ceremony, performing a function similar to that of flower girls in western-style weddings. Even though news accounts document they were undeniably present, the older women who did get married that day weren't apparent in the recorded images because, unlike the style of weddings most westerners are accustomed to, brides don't take center stage at this type of event:
The 450 brides shared none of the glamour, taking seats among the audience of around 1,000 party guests: most couples had already taken part in religious ceremonies elsewhere, with more marriages planned for the next few days.

The brides and grooms were separated during the wedding party since observant Muslims are not supposed to mix in public.

None of the news accounts that reported this story made any reference to the brides in these mass wedding ceremonies being only ten years old or younger, a circumstance so unusual to western readers that it surely would have been mentioned had it been true. Moreover, accounts from officials present at the event confirmed none of the women married that day was younger than 16, and most of them were adults (i.e., over 18) by western standards:
Ahmed Jarbour, the Hamas official in Gaza responsible for social activity, [said] the youngest girl to marry at the ceremony was 16 years old. He said most brides were above the age of 18.

[Jarbour] explained the minors seen in the video [walking down the aisle with the grooms] were family of the bride or groom. He said it was tradition for little girls to dress in gowns similar to the bride.

A review of the video found some of the little girls, speaking in Arabic, state they are at the wedding of a family member. The girls interviewed do not say anything about themselves getting married.

Multiple calls to Palestinians who participated in the wedding affirmed the little girls are not themselves the brides.
Tim Marshall, a reporter who covered the event for Sky News, later posted a denunciatory blog entry condemning the Internet-circulated claims of "child brides" as nothing more than uninformed, scurrilous rumor-mongering:
The men and women are sitting. Then the fireworks explode, the cheering begins, and in march the Hamas scouts, bashing drums, looking every inch the future Hamas fighters many will be. Then the grooms, aged about 18 to about 28. They are holding hands with their young nieces and cousins, little girls aged from about 3 to 8, made up to the nines, wearing white wedding dresses.

Up they all go to the stage, the cheering and music grows ever louder. The girls were having the time of their lives, but, getting a little bored after a while, came down off the stage to dance with each other and play games.

Our report on this [wedding event] put it into context, saying that it took place just a mile from the Israeli border and was a message from Hamas about its strength confidence and future fighters. Oh, and that the brides were elsewhere. Pretty straightforward.

It never struck me for a moment that the little girls might later be described in the bloggersphere as the brides! How naive I am.

Dozens, and I mean dozens, of websites took the video of the event and wrote lurid stories about Hamas mass paedophilia with headlines about '450 child brides', and endless copy about how disgusting this was, how it showed how depraved Islam is, et al, ad infinitum. Site after site jumped on the story, linking from one totally wrong load of rubbish to the next.

It showed how much some people want to believe nonsense like this, as it reinforces their prejudices, always a comfortably fun thing to do. But Hamas, and the jihadists do enough terrible things without having to make things up about them. Most of the stuff I read was outright, unthinking, gleeful, Islamophobia from people who clearly knew nothing about Arab popular culture. It's as if they really believe that because there are [real] examples of child brides, it means all weddings are with child brides.

Who would you believe, the reporter who went to the event, or a desperately poor version of citizen journalist, sitting at home, making things up, not checking anything, and either unknowingly or deliberately, writing hysterical anti Islamic nonsense?

The issue of child marriages in that part of the world is a legitimate one, but using this kind of bogus demonizing to try and make huge numbers of Palestinians into pedophiles is pretty disgusting. Surely you have enough legitimate criticisms with out believing in this? It's on par with a former poster who tried to make a case out of "metzitzah b'peh" being pedophilic.

Yes I can. It was debunked in at least one other thread and it is explained in the Snopes article on mass child weddings by Hamas. That is why I questioned whether you even read your link?

from the site:

...Photographs and video from the latter event were quickly circulated via e-mail, accompanied by commentary asserting that most (or all) of the brides at the wedding were actually "pre-pubescent girls" who, despite being under ten years of age, were being married off to men in their mid- to late-twenties (in large part because the
Although the photographs and video footage did originate with the July 2009 mass wedding event, and they do show pre-pubescent girls dressed in clothing resembling bridal garb holding hands with older men, the young girls in these pictures were not being married off to adult males; they were relatives of the brides and grooms (typically nieces and cousins ranging in age from three to eight years old) who were merely ancillary participants in the ceremony, performing a function similar to that of flower girls in western-style weddings. Even though news accounts document they were undeniably present, the older women who did get married that day weren't apparent in the recorded images because, unlike the style of weddings most westerners are accustomed to, brides don't take center stage at this type of event:
The 450 brides shared none of the glamour, taking seats among the audience of around 1,000 party guests: most couples had already taken part in religious ceremonies elsewhere, with more marriages planned for the next few days.

The brides and grooms were separated during the wedding party since observant Muslims are not supposed to mix in public.

None of the news accounts that reported this story made any reference to the brides in these mass wedding ceremonies being only ten years old or younger, a circumstance so unusual to western readers that it surely would have been mentioned had it been true. Moreover, accounts from officials present at the event confirmed none of the women married that day was younger than 16, and most of them were adults (i.e., over 18) by western standards:
Ahmed Jarbour, the Hamas official in Gaza responsible for social activity, [said] the youngest girl to marry at the ceremony was 16 years old. He said most brides were above the age of 18.

[Jarbour] explained the minors seen in the video [walking down the aisle with the grooms] were family of the bride or groom. He said it was tradition for little girls to dress in gowns similar to the bride.

A review of the video found some of the little girls, speaking in Arabic, state they are at the wedding of a family member. The girls interviewed do not say anything about themselves getting married.

Multiple calls to Palestinians who participated in the wedding affirmed the little girls are not themselves the brides.
Tim Marshall, a reporter who covered the event for Sky News, later posted a denunciatory blog entry condemning the Internet-circulated claims of "child brides" as nothing more than uninformed, scurrilous rumor-mongering:
The men and women are sitting. Then the fireworks explode, the cheering begins, and in march the Hamas scouts, bashing drums, looking every inch the future Hamas fighters many will be. Then the grooms, aged about 18 to about 28. They are holding hands with their young nieces and cousins, little girls aged from about 3 to 8, made up to the nines, wearing white wedding dresses.

Up they all go to the stage, the cheering and music grows ever louder. The girls were having the time of their lives, but, getting a little bored after a while, came down off the stage to dance with each other and play games.

Our report on this [wedding event] put it into context, saying that it took place just a mile from the Israeli border and was a message from Hamas about its strength confidence and future fighters. Oh, and that the brides were elsewhere. Pretty straightforward.

It never struck me for a moment that the little girls might later be described in the bloggersphere as the brides! How naive I am.

Dozens, and I mean dozens, of websites took the video of the event and wrote lurid stories about Hamas mass paedophilia with headlines about '450 child brides', and endless copy about how disgusting this was, how it showed how depraved Islam is, et al, ad infinitum. Site after site jumped on the story, linking from one totally wrong load of rubbish to the next.

It showed how much some people want to believe nonsense like this, as it reinforces their prejudices, always a comfortably fun thing to do. But Hamas, and the jihadists do enough terrible things without having to make things up about them. Most of the stuff I read was outright, unthinking, gleeful, Islamophobia from people who clearly knew nothing about Arab popular culture. It's as if they really believe that because there are [real] examples of child brides, it means all weddings are with child brides.

Who would you believe, the reporter who went to the event, or a desperately poor version of citizen journalist, sitting at home, making things up, not checking anything, and either unknowingly or deliberately, writing hysterical anti Islamic nonsense?

The issue of child marriages in that part of the world is a legitimate one, but using this kind of bogus demonizing to try and make huge numbers of Palestinians into pedophiles is pretty disgusting. Surely you have enough legitimate criticisms with out believing in this? It's on par with a former poster who tried to make a case out of "metzitzah b'peh" being pedophilic.
I Don't think you noticed but that article is from 2009.
I'm talking about those photos in the first link.

from the site:

There is only one thing in that first link: photos.

No dates, no article, no nothing.

The photos are similar to the ones in the older articles - clearly a wedding party, little girls dressed the same. So what do I think? It's a wedding party and the little girls are part of the wedding party, not the brides.

What inforamtion do you have to show that it is any different than the 2009 hoax?

Maudlin stupidity. my marriage was an elopement ---my parents did the same
(during the "great" depression) ---
as did two of my brothers------poor gazans SUCH SUFFERING they can't get
up enough money for an elaborate wedding for 2000. All you need for a BIG wedding in the middle east is a goat carcass and a fire. I know about lots of weddings in Israel that were so celebrated-----a slaughtered goat in an opened
field and a few hundred celebrants and REMEMBERED FONDLY

To each their own :dunno:

so true-----so why make a maudlin fuss over a group wedding?-----good idea....
big wedding expenses are a silly waste. My dad got it right---when I was little
he said----"best way is elopement----I'll pay for the ladder". He was not being
nasty-----he and my mom did it that way---(no ladder---they used the stairs)

from the site:

There is only one thing in that first link: photos.

No dates, no article, no nothing.

The photos are similar to the ones in the older articles - clearly a wedding party, little girls dressed the same. So what do I think? It's a wedding party and the little girls are part of the wedding party, not the brides.

What inforamtion do you have to show that it is any different than the 2009 hoax?
In fact I know both are true, lets remember the logic is still on my side.
1.There is a date, 27/2/2015.
2.There are plenty of articles some just not showing you the rest of these photos.
However the site reported this exclusively has removed any of the articles (palinfo.com) including on Facebook and Tweeter accounts, but the pictures are still online, mysteriously I still find a link to the website except that I couldn't find any event unlike reported.
3.Mix between male and female is normal within Islamic Sunni marriage, when the reports about the numbers are still running between 50 to 100 we do know they have no problem mixing with little girls now do they?
4.The hell they are nothing but a bunch of pedophiles, don't you know that 'paradise' is all about 72 virgins?
Now where is your common sense?

To each their own :dunno:

sorry-----but I am only trying to help you------"to each their own"---
is incorrect English---GRAMMATICALLY correct >>>
TO EACH HIS OWN. try to remember "each" is a singular.
repeat a few times so that you remember

Forum List

Back