For reparations, give them 5/3 of a vote.

williepete

Platinum Member
Aug 7, 2011
Troposphere
Will be interesting to see how much traction this idea gets:

We used to count black Americans as 3/5 of a person. For reparations, give them 5/3 of a vote.

"Granting reparations in this way would empower African Americans but gifts nothing: Black voters would still have to claim their share of reparations at every election — a suitable settlement in a nation allergic to handouts. Weighted-vote reparations would require African Americans to register and turn out in order to achieve the desired impact on public policy. It would require sustained civic and political engagement."

-----------------------------

Last edited:

We used to count black Americans as 3/5 of a person. For reparations, give them 5/3 of a vote.

"Granting reparations in this way would empower African Americans but gifts nothing: Black voters would still have to claim their share of reparations at every election — a suitable settlement in a nation allergic to handouts. Weighted-vote reparations would require African Americans to register and turn out in order to achieve the desired impact on public policy. It would require sustained civic and political engagement."

Over my dead body.

"Granting reparations in this way would empower African Americans but gifts nothing: Black voters would still have to claim their share of reparations at every election — a suitable settlement in a nation allergic to handouts. Weighted-vote reparations would require African Americans to register and turn out in order to achieve the desired impact on public policy. It would require sustained civic and political engagement."-----------------------------
Well, given that Hispanics have overtaken Blacks as the largest Minority Demographic, and that Hispanics continue to pull out into the lead...

It would be a way to restore Blacks to their Dominant Minority status...

However, pigs will fly, first...

They've had their moment in the sun...

The sun has set on Blacks as the Dominant Minority...

The sun now rises upon the HIspanics in that role...

Welcome to a new and brighter day...

I disagree, I feel any former slave that can PROVE they were owned by someone in America is entitled to $20 million, and a 2 week vacation in the Lincoln bedroom with the Moooch as a "comforter"!

Michelle's mouth can finally be used for something positive.

Do guilt-ridden liberals ever stop trying to buy the votes of their imagined "victims" with Other People's Money?
And that nonsense is why you remain in the small wacky minority in America.
TRANSLATION: I can't reply to what you said, but I hate it anyway. So I'll call you names, lie about you, and hope that somebody somewhere thinks I'm right instead of you.

Do guilt-ridden liberals ever stop trying to buy the votes of their imagined "victims" with Other People's Money?
TRANSLATION: I can't reply to what you said, but I hate it anyway. So I'll call you names, lie about you, and hope that somebody somewhere thinks I'm right instead of you.
Translation: Jake kicks S.J.'s ass, so S.J. calls names, will lie, despite everyone knows that S.J. is a pwnd fail.

cuckoo.gif

Translation: Jake kicks S.J.'s ass, so S.J. calls names, will lie, despite everyone knows that S.J. is a pwnd fail.
To what posts are you referring, dumbshit?

Or we can just skip reparations all together. As paying damages to the ancestors of people who were harmed has no legal precedent in our system of law. The people harmed have to file for damages themselves. If they died in the litigation process, then their heirs might receive something.

But as far as I can tell no former slave has petitioned the federal courts for reparations.

Forum List

Back