For Guitar Players

The way he can break down songs and explain them is truly a gift ... & he can play almost any of them on guitar and a lot on keyboards.

Nirvana. In Bloom

On Howard stern Dave Grohl explained how he had to convince Kurt to double both of their voices when recording this song. Dave sang high harmony. Kurt was against doing it so Dave had to remind him John Lennon did it.

I love the inside stories.

Nirvana. In Bloom

On Howard stern Dave Grohl explained how he had to convince Kurt to double both of their voices when recording this song. Dave sang high harmony. Kurt was against doing it so Dave had to remind him John Lennon did it.

I love the inside stories.
Here's a Rick Derringer one I was watching yesterday...
from 2016

Since WelfareQueen called this 'for guitar players', I'll share my new favorite guitarist (again) for the first time on this thread...phenomenal tone, technique, phrasing --the last 1/3 of the song he opens up a couple little flurries that would make even JP's (Petrucci's) jaw drop..

From Italy...he's been around a long time.

Good cruisin album......
This is a beautiful song here~

Last edited:
My weapons of choice.
Anyone else customize their picks ?
20211003_210640.jpg

This thread is for the guitar players. I have played 40 years. Since I was a wee little hellion. Please use this thread to post your own shit or any excerpts from players you like. My guitars or guitars I've owned.

Ibanez Electric. (Got it from a drug dealer in a tight financial pinch in the early 80's. Very nice guitar.

64 Les Paul Custom. Also very nice. Bought it for $600 bucks in the mid 80's. Sold it for $1,500 in the early 2000's.

My favorite current guitar is my Taylor Made 310 CE. Beautiful Instrument.

Washburn Acoustic I got back in 1981. Very nice. Excellent high end, Not the mid range or the power of the Taylor Made.

Various classical guitars I rarely play.

Angelo I know I've mentioned I am a big Ritchie Blackmore fan. This is an isolation track of Deep Purple's Burn. I think the playing is amazing. From 2:30 on mind blowing.

If I had the fingernails , I might try some classical stuff like this....but these guys
are amazing.

"Don't drop anything."

Love bass players. :thup: I believe to play bass at a high level is much more challenging than guitar. Honestly, when I really listen to great bands I am tuning into the drummers and bass players more than anything else.

There used to be a saying, and I have to believe it's as true now as it ever was: A good bass player is never out of work...

Last edited:
I had a recent model Firebird for a while and it definitely took some time to get used to it. I've never owned a "V" or an Explorer.

Of course, the one to have is a 1958 Moderne, but those are unicorns...
New songs that are easy.

Shiver by Ed Sheeran. Capo 2. Am,F,C,G.

Counting stars. The song that goes, “if I lay here, if I just lay here, would you lie with me and just forget the world. All you do is go 7 down on the D string and 9 down on the G and pluck dg 8 times, slide the D down to 6th fret 8 times. Lift up off the D, 8 times then back to original position. Easy. Two fingers.

Last edited:
Saw him live at the old Fox Theater in downtown Riverside. Was one of the best shows I've seen. Small venue , 20 feet from the stage.

Satriani is amazing live.
I'm sure he is.
Not sure if it's true, but I heard or read somewhere that before almost every show, he soaks his hands in hot water for a few seconds or a minute maybe. ( then dries them off obviously before heading out...)

Forum List

Back