For GOP politicians, there's no way off the Trump Train

There's not a one of them that didn't know they were making a deal with the devil letting the deplorables into the tent.
I'm not sure if they let them into the tent, or if they were always there and just kept their true intentions quiet.

These are the same people who have been screaming about "family values" and "limited government" and "fiscal responsibility" for decades.

Turns out that isn't what they wanted at all.
It is clear from listening to run of the mill Trumpbots for the last 5 years that many of them never paid attention to politics until Trump came along. They didn't know what was normal or how the government worked and they especially didn't know what the president is not supposed to do. All they knew was that they were angry at not being millionaires and someone had to pay.

I have been following much longer than that. Obama was absolutely horrible and was a traitor. He started or at the very least ramped up the corruption in Washington. The intelligence agencies are compromised. Lefties like it now, they won’t like it later when we all say I told you so, though I am sure even then they won’t be able to put two and two together.

The left is crazy. They are like sheep. Psst, they are taking you (and the rest of us)to the slaughter house.
Not interested in your phantom fears. Been hearing shit like that since the late sixties and it's the "conservatives" that ended up radicalized and authoritarian.

I have been following much longer than that. Obama was absolutely horrible and was a traitor. He started or at the very least ramped up the corruption in Washington. The intelligence agencies are compromised. Lefties like it now, they won’t like it later when we all say I told you so, though I am sure even then they won’t be able to put two and two together.

The left is crazy. They are like sheep. Psst, they are taking you (and the rest of us)to the slaughter house.

1605268230230.png

Yup, here come those black helicopters... they'll be flying over your trailer park tonight, Cleetus.

So essentially, Obama was able to compromise the Pentagon, the intelligence agencies, the press, the FBI, CIA, CDC, NIH, NAIAD, and all the other agencies to just make Trump look bad.

As opposed to the simpler explanation... that Trump is just a crazy person who got elected on a fluke after being rejected by the people.

The ironic thing was, the reason why TRUMP AMERICA took as long as it did to collapse into the mess mentioned above is because the professionals in the agencies you bad mouth did their jobs despite him.

Republican politicians have largely been afraid to admit that Biden won. Right now I think there's around 6 or 7 who have had the balls to do so. The reason for this blatant cowardice isn't exactly a secret: They're afraid that Trump and the Trumpsters will go after them.

(Parenthetically, here's yet another reason why we should have strict term limits: These people would surely behave differently if their top two priorities were not (a) fundraising and (b) re-election)

Anyway, this piece goes over it pretty well:

“It’s very difficult for Republicans whose leader got 71 million votes, the most by any Republican standard-bearer ever, to simply just turn their backs on him,” Timothy Naftali, the founding director of the Richard Nixon Presidential Library and Museum, told the New York Times. “The issue is now not so much Trump as loyalty to Trumpism. And I think that’s why you see the contortions now. If you’re a Republican and you get this wrong, you’re going to be primaried out.”

If we want to see how the primary politics of this play out, look no further than one that’s already in its early stages: the next Republican presidential primary, in which hopefuls like Sens. Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley are not just keeping their silence, but actively spreading the voter fraud myths pushed by the Trump campaign. The irony for their presidential aspirations is that, even as they try to appeal to the base by aggressively backing the president, they’re fueling the martyr myth that would make the base choose Trump over them in 2024.
What a stupid fuck you are ......get a fucking life already....do you not have a life? Most leftards here don't.

There are over 72 million of the impeached president trump's devoted fanatics out there, ready to elect some QANON freak if any one of the GOP congressmen (or women) turn against their cult leader. Moscow Mitch craps his panties at the thought of speaking ill of the impeached president trump.
The party is stuck here. 98% of its energy is dependent upon this lunacy.

And even if Trump were convicted and locked up for (whatever), it won't matter. This is about Trumpism, not just Trump. They're too emotionally invested.
They're nuts! And have been for years, their racism, bigotry, and paranoia turned their brains into Cream of Wheat.

Racism, bigotry and paranoia?? You surely are talking about you Dems. Enjoy.

And even if Trump were convicted and locked up for (whatever), it won't matter. This is about Trumpism, not just Trump. They're too emotionally invested.

You have pefectly described the average leftist Democrat except it isn’t a person it is the ideology they are beholden to at all costs. They are the obviously extremely emotionally invested. They will riot, loot and pillage if they don’t get their way. Who can blame them, they have had it beaten into their head since birth. They will ignore all evidence or facts that are contrary to their belief. A left wing politician that espouses their leftist/Marxists ways can do absolutely nothing wrong.
Clumsy deflection noted.

Republican politicians have largely been afraid to admit that Biden won. Right now I think there's around 6 or 7 who have had the balls to do so. The reason for this blatant cowardice isn't exactly a secret: They're afraid that Trump and the Trumpsters will go after them.

(Parenthetically, here's yet another reason why we should have strict term limits: These people would surely behave differently if their top two priorities were not (a) fundraising and (b) re-election)

“It’s very difficult for Republicans whose leader got 71 million votes, the most by any Republican standard-bearer ever, to simply just turn their backs on him,” Timothy Naftali, the founding director of the Richard Nixon Presidential Library and Museum, told the New York Times. “The issue is now not so much Trump as loyalty to Trumpism. And I think that’s why you see the contortions now. If you’re a Republican and you get this wrong, you’re going to be primaried out.”

If we want to see how the primary politics of this play out, look no further than one that’s already in its early stages: the next Republican presidential primary, in which hopefuls like Sens. Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley are not just keeping their silence, but actively spreading the voter fraud myths pushed by the Trump campaign. The irony for their presidential aspirations is that, even as they try to appeal to the base by aggressively backing the president, they’re fueling the martyr myth that would make the base choose Trump over them in 2024.

What would you have expected? When Mrs. Clinton lost in 2016, did her supporters abandon her immediately?

Did Obama and Schumer and the rest get behind the Trump Agenda? I think not.

Anti-Trump Republicans are going to have to prove themselves and earn the support of Trump voters and if they don't , they can expect to be opposed.

There are over 72 million of the impeached president trump's devoted fanatics out there, ready to elect some QANON freak if any one of the GOP congressmen (or women) turn against their cult leader. Moscow Mitch craps his panties at the thought of speaking ill of the impeached president trump.
if biden gets away with ballot stuffing now then two years from now it wont matter what GOP swamp rats do.

the democrats be able to steal any election they feel like taking

if biden gets away with ballot stuffing now then two years from now it wont matter what GOP swamp rats do.

the democrats be able to steal any election they feel like taking
WAKE UP MAC!!!

It is Trump who is trying to STEAL the election of Biden, from the 78 million Americans that voted for Biden, and wanted Trump fired....gone!

The STEAL, is you trying to steal president elect Biden's WIN from him, and us!

^
FAKE NEWS ALERT!!!!

Good article. This part sums it up well...

"At a certain point, after all the other excuses run out, there’s no longer a way to both appease Trump’s bruised ego and uphold democracy."

Good article. This part sums it up well...

"At a certain point, after all the other excuses run out, there’s no longer a way to both appease Trump’s bruised ego and uphold democracy."
The GOP has a real problem on its hands. They never wanted this buffoon, and now they can't get rid of him.

Oh well.

Forum List

Back