food stamps on the rise

So, you rather have less fortunate families starve and resort to violence to get what they need?

I think it's important to figure out how to solve this problem while treating it, not pulling the plug and telling all of them to suffer.

The rise in the numbers is an indicator of how fucked up obama's economy is. Most people only get them when things are really tough.

Blame the mayor of New Orleans for the damage due to floods, the city dropped the ball.

Still happened on Bush's watch. But again, you miss the point. The people didn't turn over the congress beause they were upset about 5.6 unemployment, they did it because Bush got us into a war that had turned unpopular and you had those images of bodies floating down a river.

It wasn't Bushes fault when the city did not do or prepare for such a disaster. The Republicans Congress started acting like democrats and got the shit kicked out of them, Just like in 2010 when the democrats got the shit kicked out of them.. You do remember 2010

Ummmm, not really. I know this is the tale you tell yourselves.... that people threw out the Republicans for spending too much.

The day the Republican party ENDS is the day they cut off granny's social security check. Then you guys are DONE. WHich is why you will never, ever do it. You only hate deficits when the other guy runs them.

Still happened on Bush's watch. But again, you miss the point. The people didn't turn over the congress beause they were upset about 5.6 unemployment, they did it because Bush got us into a war that had turned unpopular and you had those images of bodies floating down a river.

It wasn't Bushes fault when the city did not do or prepare for such a disaster. The Republicans Congress started acting like democrats and got the shit kicked out of them, Just like in 2010 when the democrats got the shit kicked out of them.. You do remember 2010

Ummmm, not really. I know this is the tale you tell yourselves.... that people threw out the Republicans for spending too much.

The day the Republican party ENDS is the day they cut off granny's social security check. Then you guys are DONE. WHich is why you will never, ever do it. You only hate deficits when the other guy runs them.

You best get's your facts together you are so fucked up it's pathetic

Facts- 2006, people threw out the Republicans because they started a war on a lie, and watched poor people drown in Katrina.

2008, they threw out more Republicans because they insisted on keeping the war going, and fucked up the economy.

2010, they let Republicans back in because that's what happens in off year elections.

Long term, Demographics doom the Republican party. They've worked against working folks and minorities for so long, no one trusts them but the religious loons. Even people like me have walked away from them.

By 2020, Texas becomes a blue state, and no Republican ever gets elected president again.

Facts- 2006, people threw out the Republicans because they started a war on a lie, and watched poor people drown in Katrina.

2008, they threw out more Republicans because they insisted on keeping the war going, and fucked up the economy.

2010, they let Republicans back in because that's what happens in off year elections.

Long term, Demographics doom the Republican party. They've worked against working folks and minorities for so long, no one trusts them but the religious loons. Even people like me have walked away from them.

By 2020, Texas becomes a blue state, and no Republican ever gets elected president again.
Was LBJ a hero of yours?

Was LBJ a hero of yours?

Why do you keep changing the subject?

LBJ is a figure that history hasn't been kind to. Conservatives will never forgive him for the Great Society and Civil Rights movement, even though he prevented a second civil war. Liberals will never forgive him for Vietnam.

Starve????

Wow!
Have you been hornswoggled.

Amazing what they can get you to say when you're as dumb as a box of rocks.

"As a group, America's poor are far from being chronically undernourished. The average consumption of protein, vitamins, and minerals is virtually the same for poor and middle-class children and, in most cases, is well above recommended norms. Poor children actually consume more meat than do higher-income children and have average protein intakes 100 percent above recommended levels. Most poor children today are, in fact, supernourished and grow up to be, on average, one inch taller and 10 pounds heavier than the GIs who stormed the beaches of Normandy in World War II."
How Poor Are America's Poor? Examining the "Plague" of Poverty in America

Again???

"Most poor children today are, in fact, supernourished and grow up to be, on average, one inch taller and 10 pounds heavier than the GIs who stormed the beaches of Normandy in World War II."

Wise up.

So you are saying that they shouldn't be allowed to have good meals, because of the statistic of people from 50-60-70 years ago?

Ever heard of genetic engineering and added hormones?
They didn't have that back then.

You see, nity....here's the prob- you are exactly what the left needs to maintain their power: your heart is in the right place; it is your head that is lacking.

1. The average family income for working folks is about 50-55k. When all benefits and in-kind transfers are calculated.....the 'poor family' gets more than that. So workers are supporting non-workers with more than the workers make!!!!
Think about that for a minute.

And when reading the propaganda about poverty incomes, realize that they leave out the income transfers from various government programs: benefits are substantial and the recipients pay nothing. Those in the bottom 20% of income recipients receive over 70% of their income in such transfers. Now, why doesn’t the Old Left Media tell this?

a. In 2001 cash and in-kind transfers accounted for 77.8% of said recipients’ income. How fair is it for the Left to tell you that their income is actually 22.2% of what it actually is?
Reynolds, “Income and Wealth,” p. 28

b. This tends to explain how Americans living below the poverty level spend $1.75 for every $1 of income.
The Myth of Widespread American Poverty

2. Do you know how the government calculates the 'poverty line'? I do.
Do you know they generally raise that level each year?

Get a library card....pick up a book, and stop getting your research fed to you by the Daily Show and the NYTimes.

Can you provide something up to date? Times have changed, you know. Especially when it's been over 15 years...

Was LBJ a hero of yours?

LBJ is a figure that history hasn't been kind to. Conservatives will never forgive him for the Great Society and Civil Rights movement, even though he prevented a second civil war. Liberals will never forgive him for Vietnam.

I'm not changing the subject. My question is relevant to your bull shit comment.

Was LBJ a hero of yours?

I'm not changing the subject. My question is relevant to your bull shit comment.

Only in your tiny little mind.

LBJ never had in mind that the poverty programs would eventually be used by the middle class after the rich gutted it. He probably never thought the wealthy in this country could ever be soooo stupid, or that a political party would be dumb enough to go along with all of their idiotic schemes, or that the voters would put up with it for a minute.

He probably would have figured, if someone was so retarded to even suggest shredding the social safety net and destroying the middle class, the voters would have rejected him as thoroughly as they rejected Goldwater.

Of course, he never thought there would be Funditarded Christians who would vote against their own economic interests because someone didn't mention their sky pixie in their platform.

LBJ never had in mind that the poverty programs would eventually be used by the middle class after the rich gutted it. He probably never thought the wealthy in this country could ever be soooo stupid, or that a political party would be dumb enough to go along with all of their idiotic schemes, or that the voters would put up with it for a minute.

He probably would have figured, if someone was so retarded to even suggest shredding the social safety net and destroying the middle class, the voters would have rejected him as thoroughly as they rejected Goldwater.

Of course, he never thought there would be Funditarded Christians who would vote against their own economic interests because someone didn't mention their sky pixie in their platform.

The great social reform president

“I'll have those ******* voting Democratic for the next 200 years.” —Lyndon B. Johnson

“I'll have those n****rs voting Democratic for the next 200 years.” —Lyndon B. Johnson

Was it ever proven he said that, or did you just put that in there so you could say the N-word.

Because we all know you'd rather say that than code words like "Marxist" or "anti-Colonialists" or whatever you are calling the president these days.

“I'll have those n****rs voting Democratic for the next 200 years.” —Lyndon B. Johnson

Was it ever proven he said that, or did you just put that in there so you could say the N-word.

Because we all know you'd rather say that than code words like "Marxist" or "anti-Colonialists" or whatever you are calling the president these days.

He was a southern democrat back in the 50's and 60's what in the fuck do you think he would say when talking about blacks, especially when he thought no one would hear him

You really are an absurdly extreme lefty idiot. You really are. And your pathetic marxist fantasies will NEVER come true. You will remain a frustrated, faceless nobody forever.

You really are an absurdly extreme lefty idiot. You really are. And your pathetic marxist fantasies will NEVER come true. You will remain a frustrated, faceless nobody forever.

Whatever, guy, do you like have no friends?

Whatever, guy, do you like have no friends?

Have fun feasting on all that impotent frustration, nobody.

Because the employers of those illegals don't want to hire legal workers.

I am not certain the upside is there to justifiy the risk.

That's clearly not what the employers of illegals think.

This is the typical mindless agrument from the left. Don't blame the people for breaking the law when they come here, Don't blame the government policies that allow them to come here and stay. Don't blame the dozens of sanctuary cities (all run by Dems) that protect them. Blame the people who give them jobs !! Gee... I bet if employers refused to hire them, the mindless would be caling them racists !!

Forum List

Back