What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Follower were different in my day

See50

Rookie
Reaction score
When I use to go to the gay bars a lot from the late 70 to the 90s, other than gay and lesbians and drag queens at the bar, you had what you called followers, Straight people. Although you had a percentage of straights going into the gay bars merely to save money on drinks, they were cheaper than straight bars, but, you had those who went there for different reasons. You had a certain amount of straights going into those bars cause they felt that they were different from the rest and wanted to hang out with gays and lesbians. This is why some gay bar owners would advertise their bars as cruisey to warn straights that this was a gay pick-up bar. Then being a business and how they could not discriminate against customers anyway. Since the HIV- Aids virus and medical science have not found a cure, it has reversed. Now it a percentage of gays, I don't, who follow mainstream straights, those that are centered around family values. This is to show that those kinds of gays are the same as the family-oriented straights. Opposite of what was happening in the 80 '90s Gays like that also might be somewhat hiding in the closet to reduce their exposure to the homophobe. I don't think it works

okfine

Platinum Member
Reaction score
When I use to go to the gay bars a lot from the late 70 to the 90s, other than gay and lesbians and drag queens at the bar, you had what you called followers, Straight people. Although you had a percentage of straights going into the gay bars merely to save money on drinks, they were cheaper than straight bars, but, you had those who went there for different reasons. You had a certain amount of straights going into those bars cause they felt that they were different from the rest and wanted to hang out with gays and lesbians. This is why some gay bar owners would advertise their bars as cruisey to warn straights that this was a gay pick-up bar. Then being a business and how they could not discriminate against customers anyway. Since the HIV- Aids virus and medical science have not found a cure, it has reversed. Now it a percentage of gays, I don't, who follow mainstream straights, those that are centered around family values. This is to show that those kinds of gays are the same as the family-oriented straights. Opposite of what was happening in the 80 '90s Gays like that also might be somewhat hiding in the closet to reduce their exposure to the homophobe. I don't think it works
Back in the 80's I worked near a bar. It was a lesbian leather bar. The closest place to get a drink or two.

Confederate Soldier

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Sounds gay man.

whitehall

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Yeah right, straight kids (mostly boys) were always the fantasy targets for homosexual predators and gay bars with low priced drinks were the ideal draw. Homosexual groomers start with kindergarten kids these days so gay bars might be out of fashion.

Confederate Soldier

Diamond Member
Reaction score
"Now it a percentage of gays, I don't,"

Sounds like the OP almost came out?

The fact that he even thinks about setting foot in a gay bar seals it.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$115.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List