Folk legend richie havens has passed away

The world has lost a wonderful voice and a talented, caring man. He will be missed.....:(

I used to vacation in Provencetown, MA, I met him there. He was a hell of a nice guy. I share his sentiment about Greenwich Village, "I saw the Village as a place to escape to in order to express yourself".

R.I.P. Ritchie Havens

Really takes me back to when I lived in NYC. I came of age there. Incredible to live in that city at that time.

I heard him live playing at the halfshell in Central Park.

I heard Barbra Streisand in the Sheeps Meadow, and Simon and Garfunkle.

That was back when we believed we could change the world - for the better.

I used to vacation in Provencetown, MA, I met him there. He was a hell of a nice guy. I share his sentiment about Greenwich Village, "I saw the Village as a place to escape to in order to express yourself".

R.I.P. Ritchie Havens

Really takes me back to when I lived in NYC. I came of age there. Incredible to live in that city at that time.

We did, some.
When he opened up Woodstock, few people knew who he was. He appeared to be older than most of us and as someone over 30, a bit suspect
So I see him walk out, essentially alone. WTF! I thought I was going to a rock concert!
3 hours later, I wanted him to play all night.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA51wyl-9IE]Richie Havens, Freedom, (Woodstock) - YouTube[/ame]

R.I.P. Ritchie Havens

Don't ever give up the fight Luddly. You know damn straight I'm a mega conservative. I fight though.

I'm blocking intensive hog farms out here.

I fight against mercury filled light bulbs because I fought against mercury all my life beginning with Grassy Narrows. I helped make Iran admit they killed Kazemi and the judge is in jail right now. I was just part of so many. But we never gave it up all these years. See this woman. Years I have worked to get someone prosecuted for her death. We never stopped. Hard fight man.

Zahra_Kazemi_before_arrest.jpg

You have to keep fighting. Now we may disagree on the fight like Keystone, but you can't lose the passion man.

You have to keep fighting. You have to try.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back