Flying the new Honda jet.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
I want one.

HondaJet | Official Site of Honda Corporate Jet Aircraft

We flew on Honda's new $5.25 million private jet. Here are its coolest features.

5c784e0126289855b3078b17

going by Hondas success with motorcycle and cars this jet should be world class . When will they start building Jet Passenger Jets eh ??,

48.JPG

I flew something like this while trying to get my pilot's license. Gave up because I never felt comfortable flying VFR. It takes forever to get up to a decent height and I needed a major freeway to go by or else felt lost. I did learn to tell if a plane is coming towards you or away from you. Hope you do better getting your license.

They are working on rolling out a rechargeable electric airplane to use for small load commuter service. I think I will wait until that thing has a few years on it before I sit my butt in one.

going by Hondas success with motorcycle and cars this jet should be world class . When will they start building Jet Passenger Jets eh ??,
They must have a deal with the United States and Europe to not build passenger jets. They have the technical know how to build a large passenger jet.

The Honda jet is remarkably quiet. I have about 15 minutes in the right seat. Very well laid out cockpit too!

.... Hope you do better getting your license.
I have a Honda CRV I was thinking of putting wings on.

It doesn't take that long and is inexpensive for ground school and to pass the FAA exam. Some community colleges offer it. That's where I took classes after work. Then you can take a trial run at flying a single-engine with an instructor. You can see for yourself if it is worthwhile to continue on for a pilot's license. By then, you should have a general idea of what you want to do and how far you want to go. If you want a commercial pilot's license in order to fly the Honda jet, then that will require even more training and be more expensive. If one wants a job with the airlines, private jet pilot, or with a air freight company, then they will have to compete with pilots who received flying experience in the military. A private license isn't that costly. Many golfers become pilots in order to fly to their own tournaments or farther away courses. To start, you can take ground school and once you are near completion, then you can take a trial run with a flight instructor.

Here is free online to get an idea of what the course covers (I recommend attending a class though) -- Welcome to the free online private pilot ground school.

.... Hope you do better getting your license.
I have a Honda CRV I was thinking of putting wings on.

It doesn't take that long and is inexpensive for ground school and to pass the FAA exam. Some community colleges offer it. That's where I took classes after work. Then you can take a trial run at flying a single-engine with an instructor. You can see for yourself if it is worthwhile to continue on for a pilot's license. By then, you should have a general idea of what you want to do and how far you want to go. If you want a commercial pilot's license in order to fly the Honda jet, then that will require even more training and be more expensive. If one wants a job with the airlines, private jet pilot, or with a air freight company, then they will have to compete with pilots who received flying experience in the military. A private license isn't that costly. Many golfers become pilots in order to fly to their own tournaments or farther away courses. To start, you can take ground school and once you are near completion, then you can take a trial run with a flight instructor.

Here is free online to get an idea of what the course covers (I recommend attending a class though) -- Welcome to the free online private pilot ground school.

Most flight schools have a very inexpensive intro flight where the interested person can fly with an instructor for a half hour or so for under 100 bucks.

That's the best way to figure out if you're truly interested.

Also, the Civil Air Patrol is another good way to trade sweat equity for flight time.

Forum List

Back