Florida's good ol' boy system is alive and well.

Fuck that. Nobody should grow pot. It's still federally-illegal and besides, I'm not giving up my gun rights for some stupid weed, like a certain spiky-haired yellow freak.
What gun rights have you given up? What do gun rights have to do with legal marijuana?

So is sugar. So is alcohol. So are cigarettes. So is sodium. Then make those illegal too. Heaven for I'd some guy or gal working their tails off to barely scrape by be able to sit in their backyard and relax a little.

What gun rights have you given up? What do gun rights have to do with legal marijuana?

You seriously don't know the answer to that question? What does “Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?" mean on the BATF Form 4473?

On September 21, 2011, the ATF issued an Open Letter stating “any person who uses or is addicted to marijuana, regardless of whether his or her State has passed legislation authorizing marijuana use for medicinal purposes, is an unlawful user of or addicted to a controlled substance, and is prohibited by Federal law from possessing firearms or ammunition.”

If a person uses marijuana legally or otherwise, they're still ineligible to even posses a firearm, by federal law. IN other words, they're committing a felony.

I'm surprised you didn't know that.

Legal THC should have restrictions with age and background checks before purchasing. Meanwhile, the OP is desperately trying to gaslight.

You seriously don't know the answer to that question? What does “Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?" mean on the BATF Form 4473?

On September 21, 2011, the ATF issued an Open Letter stating “any person who uses or is addicted to marijuana, regardless of whether his or her State has passed legislation authorizing marijuana use for medicinal purposes, is an unlawful user of or addicted to a controlled substance, and is prohibited by Federal law from possessing firearms or ammunition.”

If a person uses marijuana legally or otherwise, they're still ineligible to even posses a firearm, by federal law. IN other words, they're committing a felony.

I don't register my firearms I see no reason to do as such.

I don't register my firearms I see no reason to do as such.

There's no such thing as a "registered" firearm, unless you're into guns that go "Brrrrrt." Merely possessing a firearm while being a drug user means you're committing a felony, whether you get caught or not. No less than a common murderer, drug dealer, robber, car-jacker, illegal alien, mentally-ill person, convicted rapist or spousal abuser who walks the street while possessing a firearm.

I did not. I recommend answering the question, "NO", and staying off the radar, just as weekend pot smokers have tried to stay off the radar, clean back to the 60s. But, you do as you feel best or conscience allows.

I also favor federal legalization. This is just another prohibition, that did not work, doing more harm than good. Typical of Richard Milhouse Nixon, under whose administration, the Controlled Substance Act, was passed. He was, and always will be a problematic embarrassment to this country, the Republican Party, and all of us that voted for him.

Last edited:
It's so long overdue for full federal legalization. There's no argument against it. Regulate and tax it like booze. Big business opportunities.

Good luck with that. Maybe if someone set themselves on fire in front of the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms headquarters, they would change the rules.

:laughing0301:

Forum List

Back