Florida teacher beaten and hospitalized after attack by 5-year-old student, police say

You sound... cynical. Jaded.

My buddy was a teacher at LAUSD for 20 years. They used to give him the problem kids, the ones who got kicked out of every other class. (This was down in South Central, he was the old white guy in a sea of black faces).

So first thing, the kids are all in the classroom talking and goofing off, he slams the ruler on the table to get their attention, then he says, "anyone want to learn how to hotwire a car?"

Suddenly he has their attention.

And then he actually shows them. He teaches them about the battery, and the ignition coil or electronic equivalent, and how the newfangled keys work, and by the end of it all they actually learn something. They leave with a valuable skill.

I am 100% cynical about the way adults treat our educators and education system here. That's a whole separate issue from my students and my classroom.

BTW there is a world of difference between "troubled" kids and the ones with the dx I teach.

A south Florida teacher was taken to the hospital last week after she was attacked by a 5-year-old student, leaving her "dazed" and "unresponsive," officials said Monday.

The unidentified instructor was found by first responders “sitting on the ground against the wall" and "appearing to be in a faint state" at Pines Lakes Elementary School, about 15 miles southwest of downtown Fort Lauderdale, according to a heavily redacted Pembroke Pines Police Department incident report.

If you were this teacher, what would YOU have done?
Drop kick the kid through the window, call the Priest because the kid is demonic, and quit my job!!!

I would hate to have this kid as a student when he is sixteen or seventeen years old.

Don't worry, he'll be in jail for murder by then.

You sound... cynical. Jaded.

My buddy was a teacher at LAUSD for 20 years. They used to give him the problem kids, the ones who got kicked out of every other class. (This was down in South Central, he was the old white guy in a sea of black faces).

So first thing, the kids are all in the classroom talking and goofing off, he slams the ruler on the table to get their attention, then he says, "anyone want to learn how to hotwire a car?"

Suddenly he has their attention.

And then he actually shows them. He teaches them about the battery, and the ignition coil or electronic equivalent, and how the newfangled keys work, and by the end of it all they actually learn something. They leave with a valuable skill.

And then they all used it to steal cars, the end.

I miss the days when a teacher could dispense discipline. I saw a pissed off eighth grade math teacher create a few absolutely perfect students, just using a little discipline.
My wife still has a scar from a psychotic, sadistic nun's "discipline".

Sister psycho wound up with eight missing teeth, a busted jaw, and a concussion; a roll of dimes held tightly in the fist makes a very credible substitute for a set of brass knuckles. Never try to bully someone more vicious that you. Sadly, the nun survived and did not end up a quadriplegic.

I'm sorry. I still don't understand what you need.

Do you mean what that teacher could deliver in terms of discipline? I'm afraid it was a long time ago -- more than 50 years -- and what I most remember was that his methods of discipline would be considered radical these days, but the students upon whom he used these methods became far better students, behaviorally, as well as academically.
And he got his rocks off torturing them, of course.

Not sure how it is in Florida, but in California an open hand will get you fired, THEN you'll have to do jail time, THEN after you get out you'll get sued by at least three different parties, the parents, the school district, and the city.
The punishment should be death by public torture over the course of a year, with the executioners/vivisectionists paid by the hour and the decibel based on screaming.

Sister psycho wound up with eight missing teeth, a busted jaw, and a concussion; a roll of dimes held tightly in the fist makes a very credible substitute for a set of brass knuckles. Never try to bully someone more vicious that you. Sadly, the nun survived and did not end up a quadriplegic.

Balance seems almost impossible to achieve in education. There's got to be something between sadistic teachers paddling and beating kids and kids sending teachers to the hospital.

Balance seems almost impossible to achieve in education. There's got to be something between sadistic teachers paddling and beating kids and kids sending teachers to the hospital.

Any adult that hits a child in any way, shape, or form under any circumstances should be publicly tortured to death over a period of at least a year.

Any adult that hits a child in any way, shape, or form under any circumstances should be publicly tortured to death over a period of at least a year.

Ooooo internet tough guy

So a mom who smacks her 7 yo on the fanny gets a year of public torture?

Yeah that makes sense.

Wow. Let's not talk about family in this forum unless you want to talk about family in this forum, which is a violation of TOS.

Going to school should be a priviledge that violent kids don't get. Schools should not be used as babysitters. If your kid can't behave, it shouldn't be in school. This is little violent creature should not be in school at all--its a threat to the teacher and to others. When you have a kid that has to be kept away from other kids because of its violence---it shouldn't be in school.

ummm because an adult got put in bitchmode by a 5 year old?
Let me guess, this has happened to you as well? :lol:
Apparently the kid was large. Many women are pretty small. The fat kid unexpectedly body slammed the woman causing her to fall and hitting her head on something (desk?) On the way down. People DIE from these sorts of falls and you gotta be an asshole

Apparently the kid was large. Many women are pretty small. The fat kid unexpectedly body slammed the woman causing her to fall and hitting her head on something (desk?) On the way down. People DIE from these sorts of falls and you gotta be an asshole
So, yes, it has happened to you :lol:

I only speculated that the kids could be black

but so far I dont know that for a fact

if anyone does please let me know

No, you only assumed he could be black because you're a racist; as has been pointed out in the past.

Forum List

Back