Florida revokes liquor license of hotel that put on a sexually explicit show with kids present

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much ignorance and stupidity in this post.

Drag performers are not "groomers", and drag shows aren't sexual, unless it's for a restricted by age.

For years, I took my kids to these Christmas shows: Every Christmas, Ross and his wife [ballerina Karen Kain], would destroy a well loved children's story with song dance, and men playing some of the women's parts - like the ugly step sisters in Cinderella; the Nurse, in Romeo and Juliet, Aladdin's Mother [a homely woman from Newfoundland].

These delightful shows would be illegal in Florida.

And you actually referred to someone else as ignorant and stupid before writing that ill related comparison. LOL

Well to be completely candid, it does seem inappropriate to bring children to the kind of adult-themed show that took place at the hotel -- I won't necessarily defend that, but this would be inappropriate whether the content has a trans, gay, or straight theme.

This is clearly just another example of legislative gay bashing. Moreover, it's not clear at all that the event was actually intended to promote LGBT causes; it was probably just a gag.

I predict one day the same people you're praising are going to be the same ones that censor adult content that you actually like. Won't matter. They'll tell you to go fuck yourselves. You people are waaaayyy too comfortable with authoritarianism.

Well to be completely candid, it does seem inappropriate to bring children to the kind of adult-themed show that took place at the hotel -- I won't necessarily defend that, but this would be inappropriate whether the content has a trans, gay, or straight theme.

This is clearly just another example of legislative gay bashing. Moreover, it's not clear at all that the event was actually intended to promote LGBT causes; it was probably just a gag.

I predict one day the same people you're praising are going to be the same ones that censor adult content that you actually like. Won't matter. They'll tell you to go fuck yourselves. You people are waaaayyy too comfortable with authoritarianism.

Nice little sidestep & shuffle, there, my pet. You've been practicing.

Thanks for your thought provoking post.

So much ignorance and stupidity in this post.

Drag performers are not "groomers", and drag shows aren't sexual, unless it's for a restricted by age.

For years, I took my kids to these Christmas shows: Every Christmas, Ross and his wife [ballerina Karen Kain], would destroy a well loved children's story with song dance, and men playing some of the women's parts - like the ugly step sisters in Cinderella; the Nurse, in Romeo and Juliet, Aladdin's Mother [a homely woman from Newfoundland].

These delightful shows would be illegal in Florida.

I never said they all were. Some may be. Some probably not, as just see themselves as entertainers. For those that may be "Just an entertainer", I can see where they would want as many tickets sold as possible. Still, this kind of performance is not a good influence on kids, and usually not in compliance with community standards, some are downright indecent. So, taking kids is and will be in most places regarded as a non-starter, just as it was here in Jackson. Mind you, I wasn't going, and did not go to the public meeting or give views. I did and do agree with the outcome, as my standards and standards of the "not that political" community I live in are in sync. If that is ignorance, don't move here. You probably would not enjoy living here. I raise 3 kids and they are fine, not traumatized by lack of going to drag shows, at least before they were over 18 and not living at home anymore, due to college work or both, actually. When yours are in their mid 30s, let us know if all your decisions, guidance and restrictions while they grew up, were correct and effective. Mine turned out pretty good.

Of course. The whole thing is vile. But no one is forcing us to attend. No one is forcing us to shop there.

Still, statists love to tell other people how to live - and forcing their values on everyone else with arbitrary regulation is what they do. Big government fascists hell-bent on winning their precious "culture war". Fuck 'em.

Hehe.... you got nothin', but you keep dancing. Let's see those moves!

LOL

If an cruise line in Florida wants to refuse service to people who are unvaccinated, or ask them to take alternative safety precautions - they should be free to do that.

Should hospitals be allowed to put unvaccinated patients on a "waiting list", or otherwise discriminate against them?

Should the be forced to treat unvaccinated patients equally?

Should businesses be forced to employ the unvaccinated?

The leftist vermin are always there in line with the old "I'll take that as whatever I want to take that as".

Gawd you guys are chickenshits. You said you'd back off on your statist shit if the libs backed on theirs.

Maybe we can talk Elon Musk into taking all you "culture war" dipshits to Mars. You can fight it out there.

Gawd you guys are chickenshits. You said you'd back off on your statist shit if the libs backed on their.

Maybe we can talk Elon Musk into taking all you "culture war" dipshits to Mars. You can fight it out there.

Wow! I am impressed by how profound you thought you sounded saying all that.

Go away and work a little harder on crafting those thought provoking posts you think you're so famous for.

I guess you couldn't find any quotes of me saying parents should be jailed and their kids taken away for refusing vaccination?? That's because they don't exist. I've always been adamant that there should be no legal mandates regarding vaccination. You know that. But you're too much of a coward to admit you lied.

I tell you what. I'll let you off the hook, and you can just own up to it as a mistake and apologize. Mistakes happen. I'd forgive you.

But you'll probably just "stay the course" and keep embarrassing yourself. Amirite?

I guess you couldn't find any quotes of me saying parents should be jailed and their kids taken away for refusing vaccination?? That's because they don't exist. I've always been adamant that there should be no legal mandates regarding vaccination. You know that. But you're too much of a coward to admit you lied.

I tell you what. I'll let you off the hook, and you can just own up to it as a mistake and apologize. Mistakes happen. I'd forgive you.

But you'll probably just "stay the course" and keep embarrassing yourself. Amirite?

Your post history tells a different story, as I just proved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back