CDZ Florida reopens state's economy despite ongoing pandemic

Florida reopens state's economy despite ongoing pandemic
Source: Boston.com

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) -- Gov. Ron DeSantis lifted all restrictions on restaurants and other businesses in Florida on Friday, and banned local fines against people who refuse to wear masks as he seeks to reopen the state's economy despite the spread of the coronavirus.

The Republican governor's order unleashed fresh debate in the politically divided state, where pandemic responses have become intertwined with the upcoming presidential election.

DeSantis, a major ally of President Donald Trump, acknowledged that the pandemic is far from over, but he said the threat has eased and the time has come to reopen for business after six months of "people twisting in the wind."

The governor's announcement Friday allows restaurants across the state to immediately reopen at full capacity -- and prevents cities and counties from ordering them to close or operate at less than half-capacity, unless they can justify a closure for economic or health reasons.

Read more: Florida reopens state’s economy despite ongoing pandemic

****************************************************************************************************

Hearing this news what do you guys think? Agree or disagree with this decision? My area is pretty shut down although many here are very mad about it. Please share your opinions in the comments.

Thank you
Proof that to all the trolls who love the dems so much That it’s the DEMOCRAT party trying to destroy America serving the agenda of the elites. This man should be the new president of the United States.

I disagree that the virus is fake. I don't believe 200,000 Americans are faking their deaths. I also don't believe that the Democrats somehow got the entire world to lie about it and the millions who have died thus far.
You haven’t done your homework,you are obviously not aware of all the countless numbers of whistleblowing doctors that have put their careers and risked their lives getting the word out it’s a hoax,that the flu virus is more dangerous and has killed much more this year,that the numbers are inflated by the cdc,that people dying from car accidents and gunshot wounds are being labeled as deaths from Covid.lol

I disagree that the virus is fake. I don't believe 200,000 Americans are faking their deaths. I also don't believe that the Democrats somehow got the entire world to lie about it and the millions who have died thus far.
Many of them are from ASSUME.........they can assume they died from it on the death certificate.........hell I know 3 families who had someone die..........said Covid on the death certificate........all 3 families thought it was BS.........ONE CANCER.....ONE DIABETES...GANGRENE......AMPUTATION......OTHER HEART ATTACK.

Here's another covid death for you

Take a look.

I really don't think it's appropraite to mock Covid deaths. You don't know someone could have lost a loved one or have someone they who who is very ill. Please have some consideration.

Uh you need to read oddballs post number 38 right before yours,telling the truth like he just did how these numbers are totally inflated is not mocking anything.

If we go with a negative, that Democrats want an over count & Republicans want an under count because it best serves there political needs.
Maybe that is not in our best interest,
with a full opening keep in mind there will be discrepancy's But be mindful of how large the numbers are, tough choice illness/death verses money problems.

They shut down a lot of state run testing centers today.

Here are the true numbers thanks to the scientist who was fired early on for not lying like deathsantis wanted.

New Topics

Forum List

Back