Flood insurance premiums out of control!

dblack

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Millions of Americans face higher flood insurance premiums
Submitted by Olivia Harris on Sun, 04/12/2015 - 17:50 Millions of Americans face higher premium for flood insurance protection after a new law that came into effect this month. The new law allows the insurers to increase the premium by up to 18 percent. As many American families are still struggling to recover from Sandy, they are now starting at higher premium costs for flood insurance. The insurance premium is usually high for families living in areas with high risk of flooding. For the second time in two years, Congress has made changes to the legislation, allowing the insurance providers to increase the premiums. The Congress says that the changes are necessary to save National Flood Insurance Program. The changes made to the legislation in 2012 increased Uncover California ABOUT US CONTACT US PRIVACY POLICY SITEMAP Home California Politics Business Tech San Francisco Los Angeles 4/12/2015 Millions of Americans face higher flood insurance premiums | Uncover California Millions of Americans face higher flood insurance premiums Uncover California 2/7 Weather Insurance United States premiums for some homeowners by nearly 25 percent. The National Flood Insurance Program has been paying more than the premiums it receives from insured homeowners. More than $260 billion in flood-related damages have been recorded between 1980 and 2013, according to Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) spokesman Rafael Lemaitre. All flood insurance customers will be charged $25 additional surcharge on their annual premium. Homeowners with a ‘secondary home’ such as vacation property will be paying $250 surcharge. The Congress also aims to limit the annual premium at less than $2,500 for an insurance cover of $250,000. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) will conduct a detailed study flood insurance affordability. The agency has been asked to submit a report within 18 months. FEMA will also be submitting its report regarding compensating policyholders who can’t afford to pay higher premium, within 36 months.

Clearly, we need to expand the flood insurance pool, by forcing all homeowners to buy flood insurance.

Don't live in a flood zone. Problem solved.

You don't understand. That's not how insurance works. It's built on shared risk. If only people who live in flood zones buy flood insurance, it will cost too much. We have to spread the cost out by making everyone buy it.

Your house can be proclaimed a flood zone completely out of nowhere by some zoning state department, it's nearly unavoidable in some cases.

No it can't. Only the US Army Corps of Engineers can do that.

This is reason #6073 why I hate and despise dimocrap scum.

When they don't know about something, they just make shit up.

I TAUGHT Classes on the NFIP, moron.

Submitted by Olivia Harris on Sun, 04/12/2015 - 17:50 Millions of Americans face higher premium for flood insurance protection after a new law that came into effect this month. The new law allows the insurers to increase the premium by up to 18 percent. As many American families are still struggling to recover from Sandy, they are now starting at higher premium costs for flood insurance. The insurance premium is usually high for families living in areas with high risk of flooding. For the second time in two years, Congress has made changes to the legislation, allowing the insurance providers to increase the premiums. The Congress says that the changes are necessary to save National Flood Insurance Program. The changes made to the legislation in 2012 increased Uncover California ABOUT US CONTACT US PRIVACY POLICY SITEMAP Home California Politics Business Tech San Francisco Los Angeles 4/12/2015 Millions of Americans face higher flood insurance premiums | Uncover California Millions of Americans face higher flood insurance premiums Uncover California 2/7 Weather Insurance United States premiums for some homeowners by nearly 25 percent. The National Flood Insurance Program has been paying more than the premiums it receives from insured homeowners. More than $260 billion in flood-related damages have been recorded between 1980 and 2013, according to Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) spokesman Rafael Lemaitre. All flood insurance customers will be charged $25 additional surcharge on their annual premium. Homeowners with a ‘secondary home’ such as vacation property will be paying $250 surcharge. The Congress also aims to limit the annual premium at less than $2,500 for an insurance cover of $250,000. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) will conduct a detailed study flood insurance affordability. The agency has been asked to submit a report within 18 months. FEMA will also be submitting its report regarding compensating policyholders who can’t afford to pay higher premium, within 36 months.

Clearly, we need to expand the flood insurance pool, by forcing all homeowners to buy flood insurance.

From the OP link;

Congress has made changes to the legislation, allowing the insurance providers to increase the premiums. The Congress says that the changes are necessary to save National Flood Insurance Program.​

Isn't Congress currently controlled by Republicans? Why are they raising premiums on hard working Americans?

Weren't Republicans supposed to protect hard working Americans from "government overreach"?

Why isn't this thread about Republican government overreach?

Your house can be proclaimed a flood zone completely out of nowhere by some zoning state department, it's nearly unavoidable in some cases.

No it can't. Only the US Army Corps of Engineers can do that.

This is reason #6073 why I hate and despise dimocrap scum.

When they don't know about something, they just make shit up.

I TAUGHT Classes on the NFIP, moron.

Don't tell me, everyone flunked the test, too.

From the OP link;

Congress has made changes to the legislation, allowing the insurance providers to increase the premiums. The Congress says that the changes are necessary to save National Flood Insurance Program.​

Isn't Congress currently controlled by Republicans? Why are they raising premiums on hard working Americans?

Weren't Republicans supposed to protect hard working Americans from "government overreach"?

I TAUGHT classes on RGO.

The article linked by the OP is, essentially, a lie.

But what else would you expect from the disgusting filth of the lsm.

Flood Rates are determined by FEMA through the NFIP and are Universal. Insurance 'Carriers' don't have jack-shit to say about what is charged. It's ALL Federal. ALL of it.

All flood insurance customers will be charged $25 additional surcharge on their annual premium. Homeowners with a ‘secondary home’ such as vacation property will be paying $250 surcharge. The Congress also aims to limit the annual premium at less than $2,500 for an insurance cover of $250,000.

Here's a link that correctly explains what happened but dimocrap scum needn't bother. They use big words.

http://www.fema.gov/media-library-d...fa95a/FEMA_HFIAA_OctoberBulletinFS_100814.pdf

dimocraps are lying scum.

period

From the OP link;

Who says it isn't? ;)

From the OP link;

I TAUGHT classes on RGO.
I believe that was Republican govt...reach around...

Those of us who live on the creek, set money aside for calamity. No flood, then it's a savings account for us, not FEMA. Flood and we have the money to replace what's lost.

So if you set aside your Flood Insurance Premiums every year, and a Flood takes out your home 5 years after you start, how much you got to replace your home and your belongings on a $150,000 loss?

$3,500......?

This is why I HATED the Insurance Business. Like trying to explain Relativity to monkeys.

It's...... Too complicated for the average human. About the only people I could talk to about it were Lawyers.

Teachers?? Oh.My.God!

THE dumbest fucks in my whole Book. Absolutely fucking stupid. Not ALL of them, but as a group? Dumber than the migrants I talked to.

goobermint workers were all kinda 'thick'. Not really very bright.

It's just true.

And Journalists. Hated trying to explain things to them. Hated it. I had a shitload of them insured. Dumb as a box of rocks. I shit you not. Tell them something and 5 minutes later they forgot it.

Putting the outrageous premiums in our accounts instead of in the government's account means the money will be available for us to use instead of waiting for FEMA to get their shit together. Some Sandy victims are still waiting. It prevents us from being ripped off by yet another government agency. You'd be amazed at how quickly those premiums add up. And it doesn't force those who live nowhere near water to pay for those who do.

Last edited:
Those of us who live on the creek, set money aside for calamity. No flood, then it's a savings account for us, not FEMA. Flood and we have the money to replace what's lost.

So if you set aside your Flood Insurance Premiums every year, and a Flood takes out your home 5 years after you start, how much you got to replace your home and your belongings on a $150,000 loss?

$3,500......?

This is why I HATED the Insurance Business. Like trying to explain Relativity to monkeys.

It's...... Too complicated for the average human. About the only people I could talk to about it were Lawyers.

Teachers?? Oh.My.God!

THE dumbest fucks in my whole Book. Absolutely fucking stupid. Not ALL of them, but as a group? Dumber than the migrants I talked to.

It's just true.

And Journalists. Hated trying to explain things to them. Hated it. I had a shitload of them insured. Dumb as a box of rocks. I shit you not. Tell them something and 5 minutes later they forgot it.

Then there are paranoid narcissistic freaks like yourself.

Insurance is a scam. That makes you a scammer. If you're so bright why didn't you go for a real profession?

$3,500......?

Teachers?? Oh.My.God!

It's just true.

Insurance is a scam. That makes you a scammer. If you're so bright why didn't you go for a real profession?

That is your uneducated and stupid opinion.

You don't have to buy Insurance, you know? You really don't.

Nowhere, no how and in no way are you required to buy Insurance, except for the Lying Cocksucker in Chief's ACA, and even then, you don't have to buy it. You can just pay the fine.

So don't buy it. Ever. Just opt out. Be like your idiot predecessors, turn on, tune in, drop out.

Nobody's making you buy it. Nobody.

So you know what? Just shut the fuck up, whiny bitch.

Better yet, move somewhere where NOBODY has Insurance...... I hear Asscrackistan is nice this time of year. Or Northern Iraq.

Make sure and wear a T-Shirt signifying your membership in the CPUSA.

Don't bother taking any writing material because we don't give a fuck what happens to you

dirtbag

$3,500......?

Teachers?? Oh.My.God!

It's just true.

That is your uneducated and stupid opinion.

You don't have to buy Insurance, you know? You really don't.

Bahahahaaaa.......I guess you don't even own a car, much less a portfolio.

You really are Willy Loman. He hated his job, too. Cry me a river and maybe it will flood.

People who sell insurance are those who have no skills or intelligence to do anything else.

Forum List

Back