WSJ: Buying Home and Auto Insurance Is Becoming Impossible

I thought you lived in Virginia? Why would your rates shoot up, I don't recall any big storm damage there. Here in Az mine went up a little but nothing crazy.
Who pays for all those uninsured accidents every time some illegal in a shit-bucket late model Camry or Econoline work van hits someone with insurance.....Everyone's rates go up X% a year to cover it.

Virginia personal auto insurance rates are forecasted to increase 12.6% with an annual cost of $1,416, still below the national average, but a hit to wallets nonetheless.

I could damn sure do without such a increase.

Good. We're insanely over-insured as a nation. Time for a reset.

No, we're over-lawyered.

Insuring your home for replacement value is not "being over insured", though.

Especially when "replacement value" skyrockets due to rising lumber and labor costs.

Who pays for all those uninsured accidents every time some illegal in a shit-bucket late model Camry or Econoline work van hits someone with insurance.....Everyone's rates go up X% a year to cover it.

Virginia personal auto insurance rates are forecasted to increase 12.6% with an annual cost of $1,416, still below the national average, but a hit to wallets nonetheless.

I could damn sure do without such a increase.

No kidding. About half my car insurance premium is uninsured motorist coverage. (It's 70% of my MC insurance.)

40% increase in homeowner's insurance??

The people's republic of california sounds like such a wonderful place to exist.... they lead in every category with the heading of "Shithole News".

Fuck 'em.

Mine went up 47% citing building materials and labor to rebuild. I posted the FARMERS statements on the issue here. Libstain ran off like roaches when you hit the light on them.

i keep auto insurance . 4K per year from the lizard on a jap compact. .

why keeo home owner? in the event of another hurricane i want to pack whats left and leave, not hang around in a fema trailer for my twilight years while allstate and the flood insurer fight over whwther it was rising water or falling water that did the damage.

auto insurance is forced. Home insurance is optional if you have it paid off perhaps? Understood.

Home insurance costs is $1000/yr with auto insurance the same per car. 2 cars = $2K typically. S

Forum List

Back