Flint (BBC)

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

I had to watch this in 2 parts. The doc made me very angry. These people were lied to and poisoned and nobody was held accountable.
The doc did not makeit clear who had responsibility and my assumption is that the state and city share responsibility.

The governer was a bloke called snyder and he seemed like he didnt give a fuck. TheMayor came across as well meaning but ineffectual. Obama was filmed but came across like a real tit. The scientists and lawyers seemed to do best out of it but it was all a huge mess.

Nobody seemed to be responsible and so the responsibility was just passed down the line. Nobody got jailed for this and it still wasnt clear at the end of the doc who was at fault. Water is a right in the first world but not in Flint it seems.

Flint, Michigan is another US infrastructure issue that was managed poorly. So too is the US electrical grid which is still an antique system.
As for water being a right, which is nice to say, if we in the US, don't pay our water bill, the water is turned off. Not much of a right when it can be denied if you fail to pay your bill.
Separately, as you live in the UK, perhaps you should worry about your own lousy nation.

It's funny how Øbama escaped any blame, especially when his hand-picked regional director of the EPA was involved.

Then there is this.

Childhood blood lead levels in the city have been on a steady decline since 2006, with the exception of two spikes — including between 2014 and 2015 when lead contaminated the city’s drinking water — according to a study led by Michigan Medicine and Rutgers New Jersey Medical School.

Researchers analyzed lead concentrations of 15,817 blood samples of Flint children 5 years old and younger over an 11-year period, including before, during and after the city’s water source switch. Between 2006 and 2016, the percentage of children with blood lead levels over 5 micrograms per deciliter (the level at which the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends public health actions) dropped from 11.8 to 3.2 percent.

The study, which appears in the Journal of Pediatrics, found a decrease in Flint childhood blood lead levels, from 2.33 micrograms per deciliter in 2006 to 1.15 micrograms per deciliter in 2016 — a historic low for the city. The mean blood lead level in 2015 during the height of the water crisis was 1.3 micrograms per deciliter, up from 1.19 in 2014 before the water source switch.

Flint, Michigan is another US infrastructure issue that was managed poorly. So too is the US electrical grid which is still an antique system.
As for water being a right, which is nice to say, if we in the US, don't pay our water bill, the water is turned off. Not much of a right when it can be denied if you fail to pay your bill.
Separately, as you live in the UK, perhaps you should worry about your own lousy nation.
Technically we could have our water turned off by the bastard water company but I am not aware of this happening.
And the people in Flint were paying their water bills and getting shit through their taps. Which kind of makes your point redundant.

I had to watch this in 2 parts. The doc made me very angry. These people were lied to and poisoned and nobody was held accountable.
The doc did not makeit clear who had responsibility and my assumption is that the state and city share responsibility.

The governer was a bloke called snyder and he seemed like he didnt give a fuck. TheMayor came across as well meaning but ineffectual. Obama was filmed but came across like a real tit. The scientists and lawyers seemed to do best out of it but it was all a huge mess.

Nobody seemed to be responsible and so the responsibility was just passed down the line. Nobody got jailed for this and it still wasnt clear at the end of the doc who was at fault. Water is a right in the first world but not in Flint it seems.
Your link leaves the message "BBC iPlayer only works in the UK. Sorry"

Last edited:
Technically we could have our water turned off by the bastard water company but I am not aware of this happening.
And the people in Flint were paying their water bills and getting shit through their taps. Which kind of makes your point redundant.
I'm only pointing out that the Flint, Michigan government has the responsibility on their shoulders and that claiming something is a right, doesn't actually make it so.

I'm only pointing out that the Flint, Michigan government has the responsibility on their shoulders and that claiming something is a right, doesn't actually make it so.
It's much more complicated than that. Millions of homes in typical Democrat run cities have presumably potable water service pipes made of lead. The lead industry lobbyists methodically made sure of that by tricking, bribing or extorting local legislatures into codifying it into the building codes via vile villainous regulations.

They actually made it illegal to not use lead pipes. And now the moronic moonbat Democrats are bitching about the lead pipes contaminating their water and making their breed even stupider than they already were.

SMH

Last edited:
Thanks,the film did not make it clear where the ownership lay and they all seemed to be dodging the issue. The Mayor promised to sort it but did not have the money. The gov was looking for a low cost solution. It just seemed to be hopelessly complex for what should have been a simple process.
I have been reading up on it and it looks like Snyder is in court over this quite soon. He is rich and establishment so I cant see him serving time but it would benefit the country if he did.##I cant see any measures being taken to prevent it happening again.

Forum List

Back