Zone1 FLASHBACK: Raphael Warnock called on America to 'repent Whiteness'

This is really a tough one.

1. Does the Court have the guts to overturn college affirmative action after its recent abortion decision drove some people to the edge of insanity?

I believe they will. This was always intended to be temporary.
2. And without affirmative action, will people of that particular ethnicity ever be able to enter prestigious universities?
Yes, some will - but of course the number will drop. But then again, very few people of any ethnicity get into the Ivy League and instead most go on to very good universities. Assuming they picked their major wisely, they enjoy a successful career and life.
3. They constitute about 14% of the American population. To say that they are not intelligent enough (with a few exceptions) to make it on their own is very hurtful.

Yes, I agree - the bigotry of soft expectations.
4. I will bypass the cultural vs. genetic theory for their poor track record when it comes to college entrance.

I’ll bypass it as well then.
5. Personally, I feel we have to be realistic. That is to say, colleges (such as Harvard) should simply establish a quota of students of that ethnicity. Anyway, many of those quota students will eventually drop out before graduation.
That is what they are already doing - establishing a quota. So if Harvard’s entering class is 2,000, and they have established that they want 14% - which they have - that means they have determined, ahead of time and not knowing the qualifications of the applicants, they have decided 280 blacks will get in. They keep lowering the cut-off until they get 280 blacks under the wire.

And that is what the case is about: can you adjust standards with the goal to achieve a specific racial outcome?

I believe they will. This was always intended to be temporary.

Yes, some will - but of course the number will drop. But then again, very few people of any ethnicity get into the Ivy League and instead most go on to very good universities. Assuming they picked their major wisely, they enjoy a successful career and life.

Yes, I agree - the bigotry of soft expectations.

I’ll bypass it as well then.

That is what they are already doing - establishing a quota. So if Harvard’s entering class is 2,000, and they have established that they want 14% - which they have - that means they have determined, ahead of time and not knowing the qualifications of the applicants, they have decided 280 blacks will get in. They keep lowering the cut-off until they get 280 blacks under the wire.

And that is what the case is about: can you adjust standards with the goal to achieve a specific racial outcome?
Thank you for your very civil and thoughtful comments on a very hurtful topic.

5. Personally, I feel we have to be realistic. That is to say, colleges (such as Harvard) should simply establish a quota of students of that ethnicity. Anyway, many of those quota students will eventually drop out before graduation.
Be advised, that you are defining yourself as a racist, advocating racist discrimination.
I wouldn't want to be in those shoes.

Those same words were said by Supreme Court Justice Roberts.
The Affirmative Action case will be heard by the SCOTUS today. The only two possible votes for a continuation of racial discrimination will be the two leftist women. (The third one, on the SCOTUS herself due to affirmative action, has recused herself herself because she is on the Board of Harvard.)

The ruling will be 6 - 2 in favor of abolishing racism.

So in your meth-addled brain, the offense began whenever affirmative action began, yes?
I have never touched methedrine. Only idiots do that.

Yes, when Affirmative Action began, that's when millions of Americans (whites, Asians, males) became victims, and had their entire college years disposed of, and the rest of their lives wrecked. Should be called Negative Action.

If you never endured this, you have no cognizance of it.

This is really a tough one.

1. Does the Court have the guts to overturn college affirmative action after its recent abortion decision drove some people to the edge of insanity?

2. And without affirmative action, will people of that particular ethnicity ever be able to enter prestigious universities?

3. They constitute about 14% of the American population. To say that they are not intelligent enough (with a few exceptions) to make it on their own is very hurtful.

4. I will bypass the cultural vs. genetic theory for their poor track record when it comes to college entrance.

I generally find you a reasonable person, but I can't agree with your affirmative action stance. Affirmative action destroys competition and motivation. Since more competition generally results in better quality, more innovation and lower costs, my feeling is that I'd take the competition over AA. A person will be more likely to better themselves if they are competing rather than being coddled. That should be the goal of education.

I generally find you a reasonable person, but I can't agree with your affirmative action stance. Affirmative action destroys competition and motivation. Since more competition generally results in better quality, more innovation and lower costs, my feeling is that I'd take the competition over AA. A person will be more likely to better themselves if they are competing rather than being coddled. That should be the goal of education.
In an ideal world, yes.

But we are in the United States of America that is in the process of "transitioning" to a non-Caucasian nation.

So brutal reality dictates that affirmative action must be used to create "equity" and "diversity," no matter how phony it really is. (The most comical example of affirmative action is, of course, in TV commercials! I am so accustomed to them now that if I see an occasional commercial with only Caucasian actors, I instinctively ask myself "Where are the non-Caucasians?!")

Therefore, if one visits, say, the campus of Harvard, it is expected that you will see students of all ethnicities walking together and laughing together. The dream of liberals come true.

Bottom line: Asians have to make room for students of ethnicity X.

In an ideal world, yes.

But we are in the United States of America that is in the process of "transitioning" to a non-Caucasian nation.

So brutal reality dictates that affirmative action must be used to create "equity" and "diversity," no matter how phony it really is. (The most comical example of affirmative action is, of course, in TV commercials! I am so accustomed to them now that if I see an occasional commercial with only Caucasian actors, I instinctively ask myself "Where are the non-Caucasians?!")

Therefore, if one visits, say, the campus of Harvard, it is expected that you will see students of all ethnicities walking together and laughing together. The dream of liberals come true.

Bottom line: Asians have to make room for students of ethnicity X.
I don't believe in racing to the bottom even if it WILL help some unmotivated slackers with their self-esteem problems. Earn it.

Forum List

Back