Flashback: John Kerry Predicts The Arctic Will Be "Ice Free" By 2014 (This Is From June 25, 2009)

Daily Caller

FLASHBACK: Climate Czar John Kerry Said in 2009 That Arctic Summer Ice Would Disappear In 5 Years​

JORDAN LANCASTER
April 08, 2021

Excerpt:

Special Presidential Envoy for Climate John Kerry said in 2009 that the Arctic would have its first ice-free summer by 2014.

Kerry, who at the time was serving as the Democratic senator from Massachusetts, criticized Republican Oklahoma Sen. Jim Inhofe on the Senate floor for making comments that he said were “wrong on the facts” or wrong in terms of political judgment.

LINK

bolding mine

========

Kerry doesn't know even now that the decline stopped after 2007 and there are a number of published reports and papers showing little to ZERO summer ice in the Arctic for long periods of time earlier in the interglacial, here is a link to a thread showing the research with links:

Little to no Summer ice in the Arctic

LINK

=====

Tony Heller has a long page of failed no summer sea ice predictions.

Ice-Free Arctic Forecasts​

LINK

=====

One more:

Another New Study Affirms The Arctic Was Warmer With Less Sea Ice During The Mid-Holocene

LINK

4 published science papers in the link.
your first post in this thread

What the fuck do people think we'd do, if the climate and weather systems of today end up like those of...

and this expert? a proven liar

Couldn't care less. Did you know that ice cores from Greenland show that 8,500 of the las?t 10,000 years were warmer than recent decades? True story. :thup:
what was man doing then? how was he surviving? what was the climate affecting

Al Gore completely trashed Kerry's proclamation though when he extended the time to I think 2013 or thereabouts?

But Gore isn't as concerned about arctic ice now as much as he expects deadly rain bombs to do us in.
Kerry said 2014?

Gore said 2013?

your first post in this thread

What the fuck do people think we'd do, if the climate and weather systems of today end up like those of...

and this expert? a proven liar

The planet is smack dab in the middle of an ice age. Never before in the history of the planet has bipolar glaciation existed. You should worry about colder temperatures because much of the last 10 million years has been much much colder than today. 50 million years of cooling and the planet transitioning from a greenhouse planet with 1000 ppm of CO2 to an icehouse planet isn't going to be undone by 120 ppm of CO2.

You sure are stupid since despite that it NEVER got above 300 ppm the Arctic summer sea ice cover was little to ZERO for long periods of time in the interglacial period while today it is far more covered even with 415 ppm today it isn't melting away anymore either as it stops declining after 2007 which is 15 years.

Already gave you the links for this.

Little to NO summer sea ice in the arctic

LINK

Reminder:

6a010536b58035970c0120a75431d3970b-pi
quote: "The most recent glacial period occurred between about 120,000 and 11,500 years ago."
very comforting

disclosure: info on link is from evil libril scientists intent on making industrial nations look bad

snapshot in time.

in twenty years will it have stayed stop? Not sure of your logic here

Sigh, the discussion was about reaching NO summer sea ice cover which YOU, Kerry, and the following scientists Wadhams, Beckwith, Serreze, Maslowski, Fortier, Barber and more who made predictions that have been wrong as they all said it would happen by a stated year which have ALL passed.

That means they have FAILED in their predictions.

Your continual resistance to what is presented and your pretended memory lapses over what I wrote recently is clearly seen here as you are getting desperate.

I am done here as you are going to continue your dumb evasive game after all the science papers and reports I gave you; you ignored them all.

Good bye.

The planet is smack dab in the middle of an ice age. Never before in the history of the planet has bipolar glaciation existed. You should worry about colder temperatures because much of the last 10 million years has been much much colder than today. 50 million years of cooling and the planet transitioning from a greenhouse planet with 1000 ppm of CO2 to an icehouse planet isn't going to be undone by 120 ppm of CO2.
I'll go with the government agencies stacked with experts in their fields. Heck, the science in arguments your using -- come from them LOL

But you know better. You see, it's all a conspiracy. But you're on to them. Such courage too

quote: "The most recent glacial period occurred between about 120,000 and 11,500 years ago."
very comforting

disclosure: info on link is from evil libril scientists intent on making industrial nations look bad
He's 100% correct. Temperature does not correlate with CO2. If it did it wouldn't be 2C cooler today with 120 ppm more CO2 than the previous interglacial period. Nor does CO2 drive climate change. If it did the planet wouldn't have transitioned from a greenhouse planet to an icehouse planet with 1000 ppm of CO2.
1673744930146.png

Sigh, the discussion was about reaching NO summer sea ice cover which YOU, Kerry, and the following scientists Wadhams, Beckwith, Serreze, Maslowski, Fortier, Barber and more who made predictions that have been wrong as they all said it would happen by a stated year which have ALL passed.

That means they have FAILED in their predictions.

Your continual resistance to what is presented and your pretended memory lapses over what I wrote recently is clearly seen here as you are getting desperate.

I am done here as you are going to continue your dumb evasive game after all the science papers and reports I gave you; you ignored them all.

Good bye.
and you have failed English language and reading and comprehension: predictions "a thing predicted; a forecast."

you're such a genius. I bet it's predicted you'd become a stable-genius with the best words able to make the most perfect phone calls

He's 100% correct. Temperature does not correlate with CO2. If it did it wouldn't be 2C cooler today with 120 ppm more CO2 than the previous interglacial period. Nor does CO2 drive climate change. If it did the planet wouldn't have transitioned from a greenhouse planet to an icehouse planet with 1000 ppm of CO2.
View attachment 751093
anther stable-genius

very comforting

You are too dumb to understand this report since nowhere have I denied the sea ice decline in the arctic since 1979, but I am running on the published data which shows that the decline has stopped a fact you haven't countered at all thus you run to papers such as the above but post no quotes from it or make a point from it.

The Link you posted doesn't support you at all it is a basic report based on a number of published papers many which I have already rea it is a simple essay about Glacial/Interglacial cycles nothing controversial at all.

You are clearly grasping for straw here.

Last edited:
I'll go with the government agencies stacked with experts in their fields. Heck, the science in arguments your using -- come from them LOL

But you know better. You see, it's all a conspiracy. But you're on to them. Such courage too
Of course you do. You don't know the first thing about the earth's climate.

But eventually they will be scurrying for cover and claiming they were too afraid to speak out.

Claire Parkinson, climatologist at the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center said,

"many scientists who don’t buy into the “mainstream” position on climate change are reluctant to voice their opinions"

A Closer Look at Climate Change Skepticism

anther stable-genius
Anther?

Helpful hint to Dainty:

All vowels matter.

Also, despite the fact that there is no definite correlation between intellect and proper spelling, it generally does look kind of silly to call someone else “stupid” if you cannot even edit your more obvious mistakes.

and you have failed English language and reading and comprehension: predictions "a thing predicted; a forecast."

you're such a genius. I bet it's predicted you'd become a stable-genius with the best words able to make the most perfect phone calls

Now your stupidity is off the charts since it was the DEGREED scientists who made all those failed predictions, and they were far off the mark which is a credibility issue since they were making them out of their asses and leftist retards like Gore, Holdren, Obama, Kerry, and more followed those now badly failed predictions treating them as serious science observations and screamed about it to the world.

:oops8:

Of course you do. You don't know the first thing about the earth's climate.

But eventually they will be scurrying for cover and claiming they were too afraid to speak out.

Claire Parkinson, climatologist at the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center said,

"many scientists who don’t buy into the “mainstream” position on climate change are reluctant to voice their opinions"

A Closer Look at Climate Change Skepticism
context: . “It’s gotten so polarized that scientists who go against the mainstream worry they’ll be treated poorly in the press,” she says. “People will just say, ‘Oh, they’ve been bought off by the oil industry,’ but that’s not always true.”

Not always true -- equals sometimes true

Degrees of Dissent​

Parkinson, who says she has never taken money from the fossil fuel industry, says she respects skeptical viewpoints but leans more toward the mainstream view. Given her analysis of the data, she concludes the Earth has, in general, warmed since the dawn of the Industrial Revolution and that greenhouse gas emissions are at least partly to blame. Virtually all scientists agree with at least the first of those conclusions, she says—even the skeptics.

Roger Pielke Sr., a meteorologist and senior research scientist at the University of Colorado, Boulder—who is often associated with the skeptical side of the climate debate but prefers to be called a “climate realist”—agrees. Like Parkinson, Pielke identifies himself as a political independent who doesn’t take funding from the fossil fuel industry. In his view, those who frame the climate change debate as one that pits the IPCC against those who don’t believe global warming is real or that humans have anything to do with it are wrong on both counts. Global warming is happening, he says, and it can’t be explained entirely by natural forces.

Forum List

Back