Flake: Trump 'seems to be building' toward firing Mueller

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
I hope Trump does fire Mueller. It'll make him look even worse.

Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz) said Sunday that President Trump seems to be building toward firing special counsel Robert Mueller after former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe was dismissed Friday.

“It was a horrible day for democracy. To have firings like this happening at the top from the president and the attorney general does not speak well for what’s going on,” Flake said on CNN’s “State of the Union.”

Asked if he believes the president is laying the groundwork to fire Mueller, Flake said “it seems to be building towards that. But I just hope it doesn’t go there, because it can’t.”

Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz) said Sunday that President Trump seems to be building toward firing special counsel Robert Mueller after former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe was dismissed Friday.

“It was a horrible day for democracy. To have firings like this happening at the top from the president and the attorney general does not speak well for what’s going on,” Flake said on CNN’s “State of the Union.”

Asked if he believes the president is laying the groundwork to fire Mueller, Flake said “it seems to be building towards that. But I just hope it doesn’t go there, because it can’t.”

Careful what you wish for.

No it won't, his base will eat it up. It will be like red meat, yes they are that far gone!

Last edited:

No it won't, his base will eat it up. It will be like ref meat, yes they are that far gone!

Just relax snowflakes. :itsok:

No it won't, his base will eat it up. It will be like ref meat, yes they are that far gone!

Plenty relaxed, do you not like the truth?

Meh, your personal opinions, well lets be honest since we whooped the Dem's ass took back the House, Senate, White House, and SCOTUS the opinions of the left really don't matter.

Meh, your personal opinions, well lets be honest since we whooped the Dem's ass took back the House, Senate, White House, and SCOTUS the opinions of the left really don't matter.

Really don't care much for most of them and there far left agenda either. Swing and a miss snowflake.

Weird, it seems Mueller is building toward trying to get himself fired. Instead of ending an investigation that yielded no criminal activity, he expanded it.

just let The TRUMP be TRUMP and quit hoping for bad things that never materialize Ladies , Gents , assorted Boneheads and Knuckleheads . ------------- [Russia, Putin , Impeeeeach .45 , [chuckle] :afro: --- Go Trump !!

Last edited:

It might slow down the investigation a bit, but it will have more momentum when it starts up again.

It might slow down the investigation a bit, but it will have more momentum when it starts up again.
--------------------------------- Maybe , Maybe not on yer speculation , hopes , prayers and guesses XYZ .

The prezzy is a spoiled toddler who thinks if he gets rid of someone, it will all go away. That's what he said about Comey and its likely he still believes that about Mueller.

newyorkdailynews_trumpeclipse_082117.png

Nearly all the "Trump Whisperers" like Hope Hicks are gone. Captain Chaos is wandering around now completely unhinged and untethered.

I saw two pundits this morning - one center/left one center right who said that they wouldn't be surprised to see a move on Mueller in the next week or two.

Congress had better get their act together and prevent it from happening. IOW, Mueller would automatically become an independent council and the investigation will continue .. likely into early fall.

Forum List

Back