Five teens who changed the world

I think many of us are misunderstanding Coyote point in this and at least these kids are trying to make a change.

Do I agree with all of them?

Of course not but let not just negate their willingness to stand up and be heard.

Climate Change is a World Wide Issue and as long as we have countries like China, India and even Mexico combating us on progress to clean our mess up things will never get better for future generations.

Do I agree with those saying the tipping point is coming soon?

No.

Why?

Simple, this planet will rest itself and destroy us sooner or later and that is a fact and she ( the planet ) will heal and give new life like she has done many times before.

Greta has in no way changed the world. Environmentalism is over 100 years old. She is nothing but a myth in this regard created by the media so they can try to make anyone who disagrees with climate change look like a bully for picking on the mental little girl. She is being exploited by her parents and infotainment just like every other washed up child star was.

Or maybe not.
Yeah...there were those who didn't listen to them too.
Aw dry up....One of them is a shameless opportunist and another wouldn't know scientific method if it hit her on the head.....It doesn't take any wisdom to parrot leftist authoritarian twaddle.
Tell ya what, if you don't like what Emma Fonzalez has to say, after the next inevitable mass school shooting, recruit kids for your side. Get the kids who have gone through active shooter drills, then experienced a mass shooting at their own school. Find the kids who slipped in puddles of blood shed by their classmates and teachers. Kids who stepped over the bodies of their friends while they hurried from the scene, hands raised.

Get those kids to tell everyone how bitchin' cool an AR-15 or AK-47 are! How those high capacity magazines are so necessary. Get them to sing the praises of the semi-automatic firing system. How quickly such devices can ring up the body count. Get them to encourage others to join the NRA so every shooter every where, no matter how insane or no matter what their criminal background is may still get their hands on such weaponry, because it is their God given right to do so.

Get those kids to be your spokesmen.

Otherwise, get the fuck out of their way. They are enjoying first amendment rights. The first amendment, not the one that speaks of well regulated militias.

I wonder why one of the fathers who’s daughter was killed at Parkland came out and said to blame those responsible and put away bad people not let this out with a slap on the wrist. The gun was the least responsible thing in that shooting. Go back to the beginning of this thread and read what I stated. Those are the real reasons Parkland happened. You just another ignorant liberal puppet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aren't almost all mass shooters found dead at the scene of their crimes? Isn't the body count so tragically high because of the technology of the gun? In Dayton, nine dead/over twenty wounded in less than 35 seconds. Tell us again, you reactionary pet of the evil gun lobby, how the gun is the least responsible. And tell us the virtues of the AR and AK. Why are the absolutely necessary aside from the visceral juvenile glee one must have while hearing it go 'bang!'

Maybe we should listen. These young folks are the future, they are brave, passionate and articulate, they aren’t afraid to take a stand for what they believe.

Five teens who changed the world - BBC Three
I remember how I was when I was a teenager.....and trust me....you don't want to take advice from them.

“Crimson flames tied through my ears, rollin' high and mighty traps
Pounced with fire on flaming roads using ideas as my maps
"We'll meet on edges, soon, " said I, proud 'neath heated brow
Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now
Half-wracked prejudice leaped forth, "rip down all hate, " I screamed
Lies that life is black and white spoke from my skull, I dreamed
Romantic facts of musketeers foundationed deep, somehow
Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now
Girls' faces formed the forward path from phony jealousy
To memorizing politics of ancient history
Flung down by corpse evangelists, unthought of, though somehow
Ah, but I was so much older then. I'm younger than that now
Whatever......being able to repeat communist propaganda does not make one wise.

teens don't know the first thing about the real world
jesus f christ !!!!!

Did they say how they would keep the climate from changing?
Listen to the scientists rather than the oil companies.
How do the scientists propose to stop climate from changing? Will we all stop on summer? Winter? Spring? Or Fall?
That's weather.

If we stop pumping gases into our atmosphere which damage that atmosphere, we can stem the tide.

If you believe that I have a bridge for sale.

It's simultaneously interesting and pathetic to watch former Right Wingers clumsily defend mass shootings and global pollution.

Maybe we should listen. These young folks are the future, they are brave, passionate and articulate, they aren’t afraid to take a stand for what they believe.

None of them have changed anything, to be perfectly honest, but Malala is one heck of a human being.

She is truly a remarkable young lady.
I admire their passion and desire to stand up for what they believe, even in the face of nasty attacks. I agree Malala is in a different category but I say kudos to them all, they are the future.

None of them have changed anything, to be perfectly honest, but Malala is one heck of a human being.

I admire their passion and desire to stand up for what they believe, even in the face of nasty attacks. I agree Malala is in a different category but I say kudos to them all, they are the future.

I just wish they weren't being used as propaganda tools. I too admire their focus, but they need to study more, and learn how to think, not just regurgitate what they are told.

Nasty attacks. You mean like DISAGREEMENT with the impudence of children to presume to tell the world they know more or understand global issues better than the rest of us? Is their message really any different or are you just seeing it different because it is coming from a child?

Did they say how they would keep the climate from changing?
How do the scientists propose to stop climate from changing? Will we all stop on summer? Winter? Spring? Or Fall?
That's weather.

If we stop pumping gases into our atmosphere which damage that atmosphere, we can stem the tide.

It's simultaneously interesting and pathetic to watch former Right Wingers clumsily defend mass shootings and global pollution.
Show us someone defending serial murder and pollution. Or again, are you just one more person who calls anyone trying to point out the facts and bigger picture beyond your narrow agenda a "clumsy defender?"

Uh...no.
American culture for the past 20 years is far too youth centric. The advice and wisdom of older people are both marginalized and ridiculed by pop culture and the entertainment industry.
It is natural for teens to think they know everything, when in fact, it is natural they don't.

Uh...no.
American culture for the past 20 years is far too youth centric. The advice and wisdom of older people are both marginalized and ridiculed by pop culture and the entertainment industry.
It is natural for teens to think they know everything, when in fact, it is natural they don't.

That is a good point.

But, they are still the ones who will inherit the mess we elders have made of things - environment, national debt, multiple conflicts. It is also not new that youth take up the banners. They were they were the Freedom Riders, and Vietnam War protesters of another generation. They have the passion, energy and if it's naive, sometimes...it is right sometimes.

I'm still waiting for the cold war warriors to clear out so that my generation can jump in.

I have not made a mess out of anything. That's some nonsense. The reality is that no one is controlling anything as much as they like to pretend they do.

That's weather.

Show us someone defending serial murder and pollution. Or again, are you just one more person who calls anyone trying to point out the facts and bigger picture beyond your narrow agenda a "clumsy defender?"
If you read through this particular exchange, you'll read the d f nsemof pollition. Readmon and you'll read the df name of guns used in mass murders.

The former Right Wingers cannot get out of their own way.

New Topics

Forum List

Back