Five teens who changed the world

What about Mary Shelly who wrote Frankenstein at 18?

How about David Farragut who made midshipman by nine, became prize master by age 12, and was assigned to pilot a ship by himself at age 12 during the war of 1812? Eventually going on to become one of America's finest Admirals?

What about Bobby Fischer, who at 15 became the youngest ever grand-master chess champion?

And how about the Louis Braille that developed writing for the blind at 15?

What a crap article to list THOSE teens, (other than as noted, that brave girl Malala Yousafzai,) as "world changing?" They left out some pretty important ones. . . IMO.

I mean SHIT, a TEENAGER, and a GIRL, invented an entirely new genre of fiction called SCIENCE FICTION!

One notes with interest they left out Alexander the Great.

He was 16 when he hacked his way across the civilized world and whipped it into shape.

I guess they find his methods unsavory.

Maybe we should listen. These young folks are the future, they are brave, passionate and articulate, they aren’t afraid to take a stand for what they believe.

Five teens who changed the world - BBC Three

Get over it. One direction is never getting back together.

wow; One Direction = five homos feigning heterosexuality all while they touch each other's stuff.

did any of these guys test positive for HIV yet?

I think Simon Cowell was on PreP so they should all be clear :twirl:

Simon is viral free? whew; well, that's a relief. At least the males on the mod staff are safe. :21:

Maybe we should listen. These young folks are the future, they are brave, passionate and articulate, they aren’t afraid to take a stand for what they believe.

Politically correct clap trap.

Teens who ACTUALLY did change the world?

Joan of Arc
Augustus Cesar
Shaka, King of Zulus

Greta is a pawn of George Soros and the International Communists.

wow; One Direction = five homos feigning heterosexuality all while they touch each other's stuff.

Simon is viral free? whew; well, that's a relief. At least the males on the mod staff are safe. :21:

I thought mods were incels. Kind of like the vow of chastity without the vow part.

I think many of us are misunderstanding Coyote point in this and at least these kids are trying to make a change.

Do I agree with all of them?

Of course not but let not just negate their willingness to stand up and be heard.

Climate Change is a World Wide Issue and as long as we have countries like China, India and even Mexico combating us on progress to clean our mess up things will never get better for future generations.

Do I agree with those saying the tipping point is coming soon?

No.

Why?

Simple, this planet will rest itself and destroy us sooner or later and that is a fact and she ( the planet ) will heal and give new life like she has done many times before.

As for the young lady for gun control.

That subject is a lot harder than realize because of a Constitutional Amendment that guarantees the right to keep and bear arms.

Now for myself I have no use for AR-15's and have stated many times I prefer my pump or single shot shotgun over the AR-15.

As for limiting magazines or banning a selected style of firearm I am actually against and as stated before many mass shootings like Parkland could have been prevented if the government would have used the laws on the books.

As for the cancer breakthrough that is one to applaud.

We need more young minds to think and discover ways to fight diseases and find cures and also help to find a better way for even space exploration.

As for the girl in England she is four decades late on that one...

Now to Malala...

The girl was almost killed for wanting to learn in a country that is still barbaric to it female population.

Her life was almost ended because of religious fanatics that believed a female place was at home and not learning to be more than a birthing machine and foot stool for her abusive husband.

I applaud that young lady for being as courageous as she is because every day she has to live with the threat of death and even though she may never see change in her culture it does not mean we should just brush her off as a failure.

Again, of all them she is my hero and being a male and kind of a ass I can say this if she can touch my cold blackened heart she is a voice that should lead the change in her society.

So, maybe some of us should cut Coyote some slack because her intentions were good by posting these youngsters and their willingness to stand up for what they believe in even if I might say to some you are naive and just give it time and you will see why...

I thought mods were incels. Kind of like the vow of chastity without the vow part.

well, I did hear it is the era of 'self love' so, maybe they have that option. LOFL ...........

Or maybe not.
Yeah...there were those who didn't listen to them too.
Aw dry up....One of them is a shameless opportunist and another wouldn't know scientific method if it hit her on the head.....It doesn't take any wisdom to parrot leftist authoritarian twaddle.
Tell ya what, if you don't like what Emma Fonzalez has to say, after the next inevitable mass school shooting, recruit kids for your side. Get the kids who have gone through active shooter drills, then experienced a mass shooting at their own school. Find the kids who slipped in puddles of blood shed by their classmates and teachers. Kids who stepped over the bodies of their friends while they hurried from the scene, hands raised.

Get those kids to tell everyone how bitchin' cool an AR-15 or AK-47 are! How those high capacity magazines are so necessary. Get them to sing the praises of the semi-automatic firing system. How quickly such devices can ring up the body count. Get them to encourage others to join the NRA so every shooter every where, no matter how insane or no matter what their criminal background is may still get their hands on such weaponry, because it is their God given right to do so.

Get those kids to be your spokesmen.

Otherwise, get the fuck out of their way. They are enjoying first amendment rights. The first amendment, not the one that speaks of well regulated militias.

I wonder why one of the fathers who’s daughter was killed at Parkland came out and said to blame those responsible and put away bad people not let this out with a slap on the wrist. The gun was the least responsible thing in that shooting. Go back to the beginning of this thread and read what I stated. Those are the real reasons Parkland happened. You just another ignorant liberal puppet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or maybe not.
Yeah...there were those who didn't listen to them too.
Aw dry up....One of them is a shameless opportunist and another wouldn't know scientific method if it hit her on the head.....It doesn't take any wisdom to parrot leftist authoritarian twaddle.
Tell ya what, if you don't like what Emma Fonzalez has to say, after the next inevitable mass school shooting, recruit kids for your side. Get the kids who have gone through active shooter drills, then experienced a mass shooting at their own school. Find the kids who slipped in puddles of blood shed by their classmates and teachers. Kids who stepped over the bodies of their friends while they hurried from the scene, hands raised.

Get those kids to tell everyone how bitchin' cool an AR-15 or AK-47 are! How those high capacity magazines are so necessary. Get them to sing the praises of the semi-automatic firing system. How quickly such devices can ring up the body count. Get them to encourage others to join the NRA so every shooter every where, no matter how insane or no matter what their criminal background is may still get their hands on such weaponry, because it is their God given right to do so.

Get those kids to be your spokesmen.

Otherwise, get the fuck out of their way. They are enjoying first amendment rights. The first amendment, not the one that speaks of well regulated militias.

Why don’t you get the fuck out of the way until you have a clue about what your dumbass is talking about. You obviously no nothing about guns. He was on the FBI watch list and they did nothing. He was on the polices watch list and they did nothing about. His mother knew he wasn’t right in the head and said nothing before she died. Then the family and friends he lived with after his mother died told him the guns couldn’t come in the house so he buried them in the backyard and they never said anything about his strange behavior and the things he said. The school who expelled him for bring bullets to school never followed up on him and never warned school officials about him. The kids in school who knew him, heard his crazy comments and his threats on social media didn’t say a thing. Who’s fault was it asshole. Stick your gun banning shit up your ass. Oh and the 4 cops who waited outside while shots were still be fired, what about them. They had one armed retire police officer to cover a huge school which had two buildings and some unarmed security guards who basically useless. So STFU and get your facts straight before you start spewing bullshit like the rest of the liberals and the hole Democratic Party.

Did they say how they would keep the climate from changing?
Listen to the scientists rather than the oil companies.
How do the scientists propose to stop climate from changing? Will we all stop on summer? Winter? Spring? Or Fall?
That's weather.

If we stop pumping gases into our atmosphere which damage that atmosphere, we can stem the tide.

If you believe that I have a bridge for sale.

None of them have changed anything, to be perfectly honest, but Malala is one heck of a human being.

She is truly a remarkable young lady.

Forum List

Back