Five Founding Fathers Who Would Be Rejected by the Religious Right Today

Here is a good read that I came upon that I want to share with all, but especially those who insist that the United States was founded as a Christian Nation. I am hard pressed to imagine how that view can be reconciled with the information in this piece. All opinions are welcome

Here are 5 founding fathers whose skepticism about Christianity would make them unelectable today

Error | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum ( selected excerpts)

To hear the Religious Right tell it, men like George Washington, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson and James Madison were 18th-century versions of Jerry Falwell in powdered wigs and stockings. Nothing could be further from the truth.

There you have it folks!!
That's NOT what we look for in our political leaders. It's what you attribute to us.

That's NOT what we look for in our political leaders. It's what you attribute to us.

- the we is referring to bible belt - christianity ...

1665361707122.png

in fact they are if possible worse that what was left behind in the 1700's european version of the c-bible ...

Research shows that the private school voucher programs exacerbate the racial and opportunity divide. Schools today are in fact more segregated than any time before brown vs brd of education ...

VOUCHERS.jpg

surreptitious religious fanatics by any other name makes no difference when viewed through recorded history. the florida school voucher laws.

- the we is referring to bible belt - christianity ...

View attachment 707872

in fact they are if possible worse that what was left behind in the 1700's european version of the c-bible ...

View attachment 707875

surreptitious religious fanatics by any other name makes no difference when viewed through recorded history. the florida school voucher laws.

What a crock of shit.

Thevast majority of founders were Deists. Deists believe that any god would have to exist outside of the universe and that any existing god is unable to, or chooses not to, interfere with the universe,

Thomas Jefferson considered himself to be a Christian only in the sense that he believed that Jesus of Nazereth was a brilliant moral philosopher, and he tried to follow Jesus' moral teachings. He did not consider Jesus to be divine in any way shape or form, and went as far as creating his own version of the bible by taking the New Testament in its entirety and removing all mention of the supernatural. He called it the Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth.

Jefferson was also a strong supporter of religious liberty and freedom, believing that the government has no right to either enforce a particular religion on the people or prevent people from practicing the religions they choose, or to prevent people from choosing to not follow any religion.
In one of his letters he says "It does me no harm for my neighbor to say that there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg."

Here is a good read that I came upon that I want to share with all, but especially those who insist that the United States was founded as a Christian Nation. I am hard pressed to imagine how that view can be reconciled with the information in this piece. All opinions are welcome

Here are 5 founding fathers whose skepticism about Christianity would make them unelectable today

To hear the Religious Right tell it, men like George Washington, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson and James Madison were 18th-century versions of Jerry Falwell in powdered wigs and stockings. Nothing could be further from the truth.

This old lie again?

NO you Nazi bitch, George Washington was not a Deist. Thomas Jefferson was.

YOU are a liar and a Christophobe bigot - nothing more of less.

{
Washington referenced Jesus Christ as the "divine Author of our blessed Religion" in his "Circular Letter to the Governors" of 1783 in the following prayer:

"I now make it my earnest prayer, that God would have you, and the State over which you preside, in his holy protection, that he would incline the hearts of the Citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to Government, to entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another, for their fellow Citizens of the United States at large, and particularly for their brethren who have served in the Field, and finally, that he would most graciously be pleased to dispose us all, to do Justice, to love mercy, and to demean ourselves with that Charity, humility and pacific temper of mind, which were the Characteristicks of the Divine Author of our blessed Religion, and without an humble imitation of whose example in these things, we can never hope to be a happy Nation.[35]"}

You do realize that those are Democraps, don't you?

For nearly the entire time that it existed in any meaningful form, the KKK was aligned with the Democraps.
5ac03c68-8f95-4799-84f8-579496ed816b-png.709193

There were a few Republicans in the Ku Klux Klan especially in Indiana.

Attachments

• 5AC03C68-8F95-4799-84F8-579496ED816B.png
    5AC03C68-8F95-4799-84F8-579496ED816B.png
    72.1 KB · Views: 43

Four examples of people the religious right would oppose, and you only name one non-slave owner?

Are you saying that the Religious Right opposes slave owning?

You do realize that those are Democraps, don't you?

For nearly the entire time that it existed in any meaningful form, the KKK was aligned with the Democraps.

the kkk are the bible belt - whichever party is in power, presently republican is the one they become beholding to ...

you obviously -

1665618534906.png

are a christian sympathizer. enabler ... and most likely - one of them.

the kkk are the bible belt - whichever party is in power, presently republican is the one they become beholding to ...

you obviously -

View attachment 709195

are a christian sympathizer. enabler ... and most likely - one of them.

Isn't it funny that the South became predominantly Republican AFTER segregation ended and the Klan was defeated by Hoover.

The whole period of Slavery and Segregation - the South was staunchly democrat.

Republicans ended segregation - becoming Republican changed the south from the racist scumbags into decent folk - the south changed from pile of shit democrats, into decent American Republicans.

Thanks for the reminder.

No worries though - the democrats have their Klan back - they call it BLM now.

"It does me no harm for my neighbor to say that there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg."

Ahem... It does a lot worse than that when people influence laws and customs according to their perverse view of the world demonizing unbelievers, criminalizing protected liberty, legislating morality, and favoring believers above everyone else who does not buy into their irrational bullshit.

Ahem... It does a lot worse than that when people influence laws and customs according to their perverse view of the world demonizing unbelievers, criminalizing protected liberty, legislating morality, and favoring believers above everyone else who does not buy into their irrational bullshit.
Of course none of that has ever happened under the Constitutional Republic of the United States.

BUT you've got to feed your bigotry....

Of course none of that has ever happened under the Constitutional Republic of the United States.

BUT you've got to feed your bigotry....

Right. It's been happening ever since I can remember, religious fanatics trying to impose their perverse view of the world on society. You would have to be either blind or a liar to deny this.

Even that insane Palin baptist church has been openly stating this. Seeking places of power in governments worldwide to change laws and customs to get the world ready for Jesus. Damn.

If you don't believe me you can look it up.

Perhaps you would like to explain that . That is a pretty rash assertion. I would take them all over almost any one the Republicans who are in power now or seeking power
They were traitors. That's double plus ungood to today's liberals. They hate that.

Forum List

Back