Fishing Tournament Cheating Scandal

Jacob Runyan of Cleveland and his tournament fishing partner, Chase Cominsky of Hermitage, Pa., had seemed to be the best walleye anglers to ever probe the big waters of Lake Erie for money-winning trophy walleye the last couple of years.

How can people think of that? I mean WOW.....that is really going to extremes, don't you think? :laugh:

To fill a fish with weights????? LOL too much!

It didn’t take much to fire up the weigh-in crowd, many who had suspected Cominsky and Runyan had been cheating regularly to consistently win expensive fishing boats in the Fall Brawl and Walleye Slam fishing derbies in 2021, and tens of thousands of dollars in walleye tournaments.

The two had slipped the heavy 12-ounce egg sinkers in their walleye, and padded them with filleted walleye flesh so that the sinkers wouldn’t bump each other and make noise.

Those cats are gonna be outcasts forever.

Them good old boys was pissed off.

Whares thuh othern at...call the law....

Those cats are gonna be outcasts forever.

Them good old boys was pissed off.

Whares thuh othern at...call the law....
We sure as hell are. I and most everyone I know enter both those tournaments. Walleye fishing is a way of life around here. Tournaments and charters is how we pay our bills. Mainly charters as there are not many big Tournaments. Not like bass fishing anyway. But a nice Hughscraft can make you 1000 dollars per day through out a season. Ya, I would be nervous to show my face around here if I were them.

Were the fish tested for steroids?

EQdiPXNXYAAcv1p.jpg

Forum List

Back