First Pre-Season Game For The 2020 World Series Winners!

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Getting ahead of myself....?

Maybe.

I liked the relief pitcher Brooks Kriske....
"Beginning last season at High-A Tampa, Kriske opened eyes by not allowing a run in 12 innings (seven games). Surrendering just four hits, Kriske struck out 16, walked five, picked up one save, and featured a 2.14 FIP and WHIP of 0.750.

Soon promoted to Trenton in April, Kriske proved he was all the way back from TJ surgery. Going 2-2 with a 2.59 ERA, 2.82 FIP, 1.089 WHIP, and producing a 64:23 K:BB ratio, Kriske finished 21 games while saving 11."
Yankees prospect profile: Relief pitcher Brooks Kriske

And Outfielder

Rosell Herrera
Positions: Outfielder, Pinch Hitter and Second Baseman

Bats: Both • Throws: Right

6-3, 195lb (190cm, 88kg)

Team: New York Yankees (majors, non-roster invite)

Born: October 16, 1992 (Age: 27-129d) in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic do

Debut: April 26, 2018 (Age 25-192d, 19,229th in MLB history)
vs. ATL 1 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rosell Herrera Stats | Baseball-Reference.com

Nice to have baseball back...

I will be watching baseball this year to see how the Astros are confronted. I was a fan, I can't be now.

No joke, last I checked the over/under on hit batters against the Astros this year was 83.4. If I were a betting man I might pick the over, along with some very angry crowds, especially in New York, Boston and L.A...

I will be watching baseball this year to see how the Astros are confronted. I was a fan, I can't be now.

No joke, last I checked the over/under on hit batters against the Astros this year was 83.4. If I were a betting man I might pick the over, along with some very angry crowds, especially in New York, Boston and L.A...

There has been sign stealing in baseball ever since the very first 3rd base coach started picking his nose, which meant "pick a good one'', batter.

Getting ahead of myself....?

Maybe.

I liked the relief pitcher Brooks Kriske....
"Beginning last season at High-A Tampa, Kriske opened eyes by not allowing a run in 12 innings (seven games). Surrendering just four hits, Kriske struck out 16, walked five, picked up one save, and featured a 2.14 FIP and WHIP of 0.750.

Soon promoted to Trenton in April, Kriske proved he was all the way back from TJ surgery. Going 2-2 with a 2.59 ERA, 2.82 FIP, 1.089 WHIP, and producing a 64:23 K:BB ratio, Kriske finished 21 games while saving 11."
Yankees prospect profile: Relief pitcher Brooks Kriske

And Outfielder

Rosell Herrera
Positions: Outfielder, Pinch Hitter and Second Baseman

Bats: Both • Throws: Right

6-3, 195lb (190cm, 88kg)

Team: New York Yankees (majors, non-roster invite)

Born: October 16, 1992 (Age: 27-129d) in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic do

Debut: April 26, 2018 (Age 25-192d, 19,229th in MLB history)
vs. ATL 1 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rosell Herrera Stats | Baseball-Reference.com

Nice to have baseball back...

Here it is, March first, and listening to pre-season Yanks on the radio......and Herrera sounds like the real deal.

I wonder if there is room for him on the roster.

Herrera is opening some eyes here in spring training......9 for 18 at the plate, plays infield and outfield........

Could be going North????

Herrera is opening some eyes here in spring training......9 for 18 at the plate, plays infield and outfield........

Could be going North????
I think you are getting carried away with yourself. Optimism is fine but it must be tempered by the reality of a long season where every phenom must come back down to earth.

And beside all that you are a Yankees fan? Well, you can be forgiven for being driven by unrealistically optimistic demons.

Back when you could buy a pennant and then a World Series win with your enormous payroll the Yankees became used to dominating. This ain't the 1930's anymore.

Could be going North????
I think you are getting carried away with yourself. Optimism is fine but it must be tempered by the reality of a long season where every phenom must come back down to earth.

And beside all that you are a Yankees fan? Well, you can be forgiven for being driven by unrealistically optimistic demons.

Back when you could buy a pennant and then a World Series win with your enormous payroll the Yankees became used to dominating. This ain't the 1930's anymore.
I am not a Yankees fan but it was good to be a Yankees fan.

Forum List

Back