First major wind farm approved by Biden Admin (Poll)

Will the Vinyard Wind project, the first major wind farm in the US be a success or Solyndra-2?

• Success! What can go wrong with a project built by the Xiden admin

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Solyndra-2, on steroids. We've seen this movie before.

Votes: 14 73.7%

• Total voters
Which American Company is going to build the first large scale wind farm in the US?

It looks like a consortium of Swedish and US companies. Any bets that this will be Solyndra-2 (on steroids)?

View attachment 489513

I'm wondering if the project will be able to get all of the permits and approvals thru before the next admin takes office?

I am very worried about the cancer the noise causes from these damn windmills.
MAGA
LOL!! The fisherman got their asses handed to them by the Xiden Group. The articles make it sound like its a done deal, a "shovel ready" job! I'm waiting for the courts to step in and throw a monkey in the wrench, as Xiden would say.
I fish for a living will not effect us negatively at all.

The fish and all sea life in the area will probably have cancer or major mutations from the noise of said windmills!!!
MAGA
Strange how they attack windmills. The Dutch have been pumping sea water with them for centuries. I guess if their oil company masters can't steal our money from us they ain't happy. Further bad news for the oil companies. Germany had come up with a magnet less electric motor. Uses no rare earth materials in manufacture. That ought a get these loon tin hat repugs riled up. That in concert with technology being developed to charge electric cars while moving should really rile them up.
They also switched those pumps to electric the moment motors were invented. The windmills left today are for tourists. We also used to have sails on ships. Not because it was great it was all there was. I suppose we can go back to those too.

Have you ever considered how it’s going to work out when cars are electric and at the same time you’re pushing the least efficient method of producing electricity? How are going to double or triple grid demand and at the same time only produce it with something that’s only capable of generating 1/10 of the current demand?

Which American Company is going to build the first large scale wind farm in the US?

It looks like a consortium of Swedish and US companies. Any bets that this will be Solyndra-2 (on steroids)?

View attachment 489513

I'm wondering if the project will be able to get all of the permits and approvals thru before the next admin takes office?
Yer poll is bullshit with no real choices, you're a moron with no real.brains.
LOL! I probably have twice your IQ, thanks for playing moron.
The wind farm will either be a success or a failure, there are no other options to affordable, reliable, electric power, duh.
People who brag about thier IQ usually have one in the double digits. Your poll is still retarded with no real choices.

I know how to spell "their", duh.
Your post has no content. Put up your "real choices", or are you too stupid?
Not my job, Son. Fix your own stupidity.
So you're too stupid to prove your comments, stupid is as stupid says. Thanks for playing.
"Prove my comments"?

It's your crappy poll, you fix it ya lazy bastard.
My poll questions are PERFECT as they are. Prove them wrong. Hint: you can't because you're incapable of actually debating facts, you just throw out unproven quips, like a 3rd grader.

Just thinking out loud here but the northeast isn’t really known for balmy winters. So we’re going to spend 2.5 billion on windmills which will be iced up and not working right when the electricity is needed most.

Good plan.
Nope we know how to build them up here. Have large wind farm in Van Wert Ohio runs year round no issues what so ever. Up here in the north we are not idiots like Texas.
No, you don’t know how to build them any better than anyone else. The farm you have is just as inefficient as all the rest and the only reason you don’t have to deal with it’s failures is the primary sources of power cover the shortfall. You’re also paying massive subsidies for the wind farm. Otherwise you couldn’t afford the electricity it produces. And this is land based. Now, just imagine taking that and placing it out in the ocean. You’re taking an energy production device that can’t be built and pay for itself on land. How are you going to do it when construction and operational costs quadruple?

Don’t sell yourself short. Your level of idiocy is right there with anyone else pushing this garbage.
Lol yet they run year round unlike in Texas. Stupid fucki g southerners. Lol

Six cents per kilowatt hour competition with any other utility. Lol. But we will just go with some Dumbfucks southern bias because he likes to suck oil companies and Trump's cock. Hilarious

Last edited:

View attachment 489513

MAGA
LOL!! The fisherman got their asses handed to them by the Xiden Group. The articles make it sound like its a done deal, a "shovel ready" job! I'm waiting for the courts to step in and throw a monkey in the wrench, as Xiden would say.
I fish for a living will not effect us negatively at all.

The fish and all sea life in the area will probably have cancer or major mutations from the noise of said windmills!!!
MAGA
Strange how they attack windmills. The Dutch have been pumping sea water with them for centuries. I guess if their oil company masters can't steal our money from us they ain't happy. Further bad news for the oil companies. Germany had come up with a magnet less electric motor. Uses no rare earth materials in manufacture. That ought a get these loon tin hat repugs riled up. That in concert with technology being developed to charge electric cars while moving should really rile them up.
They also switched those pumps to electric the moment motors were invented. The windmills left today are for tourists. We also used to have sails on ships. Not because it was great it was all there was. I suppose we can go back to those too.

Have you ever considered how it’s going to work out when cars are electric and at the same time you’re pushing the least efficient method of producing electricity? How are going to double or triple grid demand and at the same time only produce it with something that’s only capable of generating 1/10 of the current demand?
Ya because your dumb fucking ass says so. Hilarious. Yet hundreds of data sources say other wise here is one.

View attachment 489513

Yer poll is bullshit with no real choices, you're a moron with no real.brains.
LOL! I probably have twice your IQ, thanks for playing moron.
The wind farm will either be a success or a failure, there are no other options to affordable, reliable, electric power, duh.
People who brag about thier IQ usually have one in the double digits. Your poll is still retarded with no real choices.

I know how to spell "their", duh.
Your post has no content. Put up your "real choices", or are you too stupid?
Not my job, Son. Fix your own stupidity.
So you're too stupid to prove your comments, stupid is as stupid says. Thanks for playing.
"Prove my comments"?

It's your crappy poll, you fix it ya lazy bastard.
My poll questions are PERFECT as they are. Prove them wrong. Hint: you can't because you're incapable of actually debating facts, you just throw out unproven quips, like a 3rd grader.
Your poll questions are retarded, just like everything else you post.

View attachment 489513

As I understand it, the Fed just leases the rights for a company to build. I don't see it as any different from the oil leases we've done for decades.

Just thinking out loud here but the northeast isn’t really known for balmy winters. So we’re going to spend 2.5 billion on windmills which will be iced up and not working right when the electricity is needed most.

Good plan.
Nope we know how to build them up here. Have large wind farm in Van Wert Ohio runs year round no issues what so ever. Up here in the north we are not idiots like Texas.
No, you don’t know how to build them any better than anyone else. The farm you have is just as inefficient as all the rest and the only reason you don’t have to deal with it’s failures is the primary sources of power cover the shortfall. You’re also paying massive subsidies for the wind farm. Otherwise you couldn’t afford the electricity it produces. And this is land based. Now, just imagine taking that and placing it out in the ocean. You’re taking an energy production device that can’t be built and pay for itself on land. How are you going to do it when construction and operational costs quadruple?

Don’t sell yourself short. Your level of idiocy is right there with anyone else pushing this garbage.
Lol yet they run year round unlike in Texas. Stupid fucki g southerners. Lol

Six cents per kilowatt hour competition with any other utility. Lol. But we will just go with some Dumbfucks southern bias because he likes to suck oil companies and Trump's cock. Hilarious
LMAO! You linked a propaganda article!? You’re dumber than I thought. Do some research and find out what the price per KWh would be without government subsidies.

My poll questions are PERFECT as they are. Prove them wrong
Your first option is wrong. It’s not being built by the Biden administration.
It was expedited/supported by the Xiden administration the same way the KeystoneXL pipeline was shutdown by the Xiden administration. The point of the poll is to vote whether you think that the wind farm will be a success or failure.
Since everything Xiden turns to shit, many of us see the wind farm as another Solyndra. You do know how that ended.

View attachment 489513

As I understand it, the Fed just leases the rights for a company to build. I don't see it as any different from the oil leases we've done for decades.
Very true, but the leases are only a small part of the project. The other pieces are the various permits, cost of electricity, potential court battles, minority interests, diversity programs, foreign contracts, union jobs, US jobs, material costs and material shortages, etc. The point of the thread and poll is to predict how the wind farm will end up, will it be a major success, or an epic fail, like Solyndra.
1. Will the wind turbines be built in the US or overseas?
2. Who will pay the outrageous electricity cost if it does get built?

View attachment 489513

Very true, but the leases are only a small part of the project. The other pieces are the various permits, cost of electricity, potential court battles, minority interests, diversity programs, foreign contracts, union jobs, US jobs, material costs and material shortages, etc. The point of the thread and poll is to predict how the wind farm will end up, will it be a major success, or an epic fail, like Solyndra.
1. Will the wind turbines be built in the US or overseas?
2. Who will pay the outrageous electricity cost if it does get built?
For better or worse, Congress says the Jones Act applies to wind farms so some in the US are sure to benefit.

View attachment 489513

MAGA
It won't be the courts it will be the rich elite liberals who have holiday homes and don't want their view blocked.
The turbines will be about 14-miles offshore, so they probably won't be visible.
The concern I have is "who pays the electric bill? Wind power is generally expensive.

If they are tall enough to generate wind power, they will be readily visible on the horizon!

Last edited:

View attachment 489513

MAGA
It won't be the courts it will be the rich elite liberals who have holiday homes and don't want their view blocked.
The turbines will be about 14-miles offshore, so they probably won't be visible.
The concern I have is "who pays the electric bill? Wind power is generally expensive.

If they are tall enough to generate wind power, they will be readily visible on the horizon!

And cause more cancer!!!
MAGA

View attachment 489513

MAGA

Just ran the numbers. Yep, they will be visible, but very tiny. 14 miles is a long way from shore.

View attachment 489513

MAGA

Just ran the numbers. Yep, they will be visible, but very tiny. 14 miles is a long way from shore.
If you are on the second or third floor of a beachfront condo, they will be even ore readily visible. I used to do this for a living!

Windmills are really cool, birds like them and they're attractive.

To me contemporary windmills are like Plymouth Chrysler PT Mini Cruisers. They look foolish, they're gutless, they get poor gas mileage and are a waste of materials.

Forum List

Back