First major wind farm approved by Biden Admin (Poll)

Will the Vinyard Wind project, the first major wind farm in the US be a success or Solyndra-2?

• Success! What can go wrong with a project built by the Xiden admin

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Solyndra-2, on steroids. We've seen this movie before.

Votes: 14 73.7%

• Total voters
Which American Company is going to build the first large scale wind farm in the US?

It looks like a consortium of Swedish and US companies. Any bets that this will be Solyndra-2 (on steroids)?

View attachment 489513

I'm wondering if the project will be able to get all of the permits and approvals thru before the next admin takes office?

I am very worried about the cancer the noise causes from these damn windmills.
MAGA
LOL!! The fisherman got their asses handed to them by the Xiden Group. The articles make it sound like its a done deal, a "shovel ready" job! I'm waiting for the courts to step in and throw a monkey in the wrench, as Xiden would say.
It won't be the courts it will be the rich elite liberals who have holiday homes and don't want their view blocked.

Just thinking out loud here but the northeast isn’t really known for balmy winters. So we’re going to spend 2.5 billion on windmills which will be iced up and not working right when the electricity is needed most.

Good plan.

Do any of you Trumpers think? :)
Winter in NE, lotsa wind off the sea...just about every day. Perfect place for a windmill farm.
My son is in the business. He tells me that the stormproofing they have..is top notch.
The Cape Cod is "perfect place" for a wind farm? Probably, but Ted Kennedy and the Koch Brothers stopped earlier attempts.
The Mojavi Desert is the "perfect place" for solar powerplants:
Senator Dianne Feinstein introduced legislation in Congress on Monday to protect a million acres of the Mojave Desert in California by scuttling some 13 big solar plants and wind farms planned for the region.

Here is another article about the realities of wind power:

It remains to be seen if the Xiden Group will get this new wind farm to construction, and if built, will it be financially successful. What will happen to the electric bills for the poor suckers paying for the scam?

Well, last I looked, Ted Kennedy is dead and Dianne Feinstein just introduced legislation. Doesn't mean it will pass. A lot of windfarms are stood up in the heartland of the country. Where wind is plentiful...if it's not caused by a tornado. :)
As far as the right wing website article on windpower, well, doesn't hold much water since it comes from a political point of view. (all you have to do is scroll down to the bottom to know what flavor it is).

Which American Company is going to build the first large scale wind farm in the US?

It looks like a consortium of Swedish and US companies. Any bets that this will be Solyndra-2 (on steroids)?

View attachment 489513

I'm wondering if the project will be able to get all of the permits and approvals thru before the next admin takes office?

Will the wind farm get an exemption for KILLING endangered birds protected by federal law again? (said blueslegend sarcastically)

View attachment 489513

MAGA
LOL!! The fisherman got their asses handed to them by the Xiden Group. The articles make it sound like its a done deal, a "shovel ready" job! I'm waiting for the courts to step in and throw a monkey in the wrench, as Xiden would say.
It won't be the courts it will be the rich elite liberals who have holiday homes and don't want their view blocked.
The turbines will be about 14-miles offshore, so they probably won't be visible.
The concern I have is "who pays the electric bill? Wind power is generally expensive.

Just thinking out loud here but the northeast isn’t really known for balmy winters. So we’re going to spend 2.5 billion on windmills which will be iced up and not working right when the electricity is needed most.

Good plan.

Winter in NE, lotsa wind off the sea...just about every day. Perfect place for a windmill farm.
My son is in the business. He tells me that the stormproofing they have..is top notch.
The Cape Cod is "perfect place" for a wind farm? Probably, but Ted Kennedy and the Koch Brothers stopped earlier attempts.
The Mojavi Desert is the "perfect place" for solar powerplants:
Senator Dianne Feinstein introduced legislation in Congress on Monday to protect a million acres of the Mojave Desert in California by scuttling some 13 big solar plants and wind farms planned for the region.

Here is another article about the realities of wind power:

It remains to be seen if the Xiden Group will get this new wind farm to construction, and if built, will it be financially successful. What will happen to the electric bills for the poor suckers paying for the scam?

Well, last I looked, Ted Kennedy is dead and Dianne Feinstein just introduced legislation. Doesn't mean it will pass. A lot of windfarms are stood up in the heartland of the country. Where wind is plentiful...if it's not caused by a tornado. :)
As far as the right wing website article on windpower, well, doesn't hold much water since it comes from a political point of view. (all you have to do is scroll down to the bottom to know what flavor it is).
Yep, there are two sides to every issue.
We'll see how successful the Xiden Wind Farm is.
Offshore wind farms are much more expensive than inland wind farms.
It depends on who is paying for the electricity. Maybe Uncle Joe will have the Fed pay for it?

View attachment 489513

Will the wind farm get an exemption for KILLING endangered birds protected by federal law again? (said blueslegend sarcastically)
Whatever it takes to get all of the permits needed to build the wind farm.
Dead birds are not a problem. The cost of the electricity will be.

View attachment 489513

Whatever it takes to get all of the permits needed to build the wind farm.
Dead birds are not a problem. The cost of the electricity will be.
Don't worry about the cost, Biden is creating 600 million green jobs we'll be rolling in money.

Good plan.

The first thing they do when high winds come along is shut them down before they spin out of control and come apart.

Storm proofing? Is your kid going to boat on out there no spray the blades with deicer? As soon as the ice unbalances the blades it will destroy itself. Which of course means during the storm the mills are what...? That’s right, shut down.

View attachment 489513

MAGA
The turbines will be about 14-miles offshore, so they probably won't be visible.
The concern I have is "who pays the electric bill? Wind power is generally expensive.

What about the cancer from the noise?
MAGA

View attachment 489513

Wow! 30 gigawatts is a lot of power. I thought Oklahoma had a lot, last time I drove through there. Just a drop in the bucket compared to 30 GW.
Where are you getting this 30 gigawatt horseshit?
From the article. It is a goal announced by Biden in March. This is the first approval toward that goal.
In March, the Biden administration announced a national goal of installing 30 gigawatts of offshore wind capacity by 2030.

The U.S. Interior Department approved the country's first large-scale offshore wind project Tuesday, a final hurdle that reverses course from the Trump administration and sets the stage for a major shift in the energy landscape.
How much of it are taxpayers foot the bill for?

View attachment 489513

Wow! 30 gigawatts is a lot of power. I thought Oklahoma had a lot, last time I drove through there. Just a drop in the bucket compared to 30 GW.
From the article. It is a goal announced by Biden in March. This is the first approval toward that goal.
In March, the Biden administration announced a national goal of installing 30 gigawatts of offshore wind capacity by 2030.

The U.S. Interior Department approved the country's first large-scale offshore wind project Tuesday, a final hurdle that reverses course from the Trump administration and sets the stage for a major shift in the energy landscape.
How much of it are taxpayers foot the bill for?
I do not know any of the financing part of it. This thread was the first, I heard about it. Bet it is significant, but hopefully mostly in loan guarantees. This ain't a TVA type situation, I don't think. When it's done, I don't think the government owns it. If they don't pull it off, we'll own the heck out it, though. That's for sure. I bet they can pull it off. Oklahoma gets over 1/3 their electricity from wind.

View attachment 489513

It's not built yet, turd, and it never will be. The taxpayers will get fed up after they suffer through a couple of power outages.

I'm waiting to see the minority subcontracts and union support for this project, or will the project be done entirely by the Swedes? The $2.5b will generate 800Mw of power. We will be tracking this "project" to see if its a scam.

If you want an answer....find out where hunter biden and joe's brother are....that will tell you who is getting the deal...

View attachment 489513

Before you go plugging in your hair dryer, wind farms only produce in the range of 30% of their capacity, and that's only when the wind is blowing.

View attachment 489513

It's not built yet, turd, and it never will be. The taxpayers will get fed up after they suffer through a couple of power outages.
This is in the east. About the only time they have power outage is in bad storms. As for the Texas scenario. Everybody but Texas is on the National grid. Major portions of normal states never go dark, just for state incompetence at the hands of state government and loosely regulate (or unregulated) private enterprise. Everybody else buys their shortfalls from adjacent states and suppliers, such as TVA. California used to be stupid about power, but got over it. Texas is about the only power dumbasses left.

View attachment 489513

Before you go plugging in your hair dryer, wind farms only produce in the range of 30% of their capacity, and that's only when the wind is blowing.
I have never been to an ocean coastline that did not have a breeze, due to difference in heating and cooling of continent vs ocean. Never understood why when it is 100 degrees, if you get 5 miles in from the coast in Florida where we vacation, they barely have air to breath, much less a breeze.

View attachment 489513

This is in the east. About the only time they have power outage is in bad storms. As for the Texas scenario. Everybody but Texas is on the National grid. Major portions of normal states never go dark, just for state incompetence at the hands of state government and loosely regulate (or unregulated) private enterprise. Everybody else buys their shortfalls from adjacent states and suppliers, such as TVA. California used to be stupid about power, but got over it. Texas is about the only power dumbasses left.

They aren't dumb....they will fix the one issue that happened one time.......California is stupid, they can't supply power in the middle of the summer, and have rolling black outs every single year. If the cold, northern states adopt California energy policies, they will have rolling blackouts in the middle of winter...and people will die...

Forum List

Back