Johnson First Intro of Johnson/Weld to the public by CNN..

Johnson believes in the constitution and has similiar views same as ron paul.In a PERFECT world,the two finalists for POTUS in the last election would have been paul vs johnson.

:boohoo:

Trump we dont really know if he believes in it or not.

I want booth Johnson and Trump.

But one winner.

in a perfect world,thats what would happen.we would be assured of a president that would serve the people instead of the bankers as every president since LBJ has done.

I like Johnson's candor and his "go forward" philosophy.

Naturally people will want to hang him for smoking dope, however his cannabis intake has been linked with a medical condition. "He used medicinal marijuana for pain control from 2005 to 2008". Not exactly the bone smoking fool his critics want to make him out to be. In July 2014, Johnson was named president and CEO of Cannabis Sativa Inc., a Nevada-based company that aims primarily to sell medical cannabis products in states where medicinal and/or recreational cannabis is legal. Hey man, like wow.:smoke: :rolleyes:

If it were not for Trump I would be voting for Johnson.

flacaltenn Do you support him??

I have not really seen anything so far about him that has my interest. Plus I am conservative on many social issues, and Libertarians are not - - at least to my knowledge.

Plus it bothers me that he is an admitted pothead.

My political life has been in 3rd party ballot access for the past 25 yrs. And I am a member of the Lib Party. I've refused to vote for some of our whackier Prez choices, but worked and voted for him in 2012..

This "pothead" is a mountain climbing, tri-athelete. He does not abuse his body and is an example for RESPONSIBLE marijuana use. The party's interest has always been in dismantling the harm from a Drug "War" and prison reform and asset forfeiture issues that go with the "war". Would prefer a system that doesn't stuff our prisons with non-violent offenders but builds a medical, public health network to handle drug use that actually works. In the CNN Town Hall I posted -- Johnson makes clear -- he does not advocate making any other banned substances legal.

As for the social issues -- the LParty chose an openly gay man as it's FIRST Prez candidate back in the 70s. That's the kinda of "advocacy" we prefer. Did not choose the guy BECAUSE he was gay. Never asked for credit.. So we've been called "faggot lovers" and potheads for DECADES because we HAVE been ahead on social issues.

The government should never insert itself into FORCING these issues. For instance -- the bathroom dustup is an issue for the med/psych professionals to determine. Not for grandstanding politicians to determine which bathroom anyone uses. And "self-declaration" as a member of a protected class is a stupid thing to do if you're gonna create a protection by law. That simply does not work..

Thank you for your reply. That answers some things for me.

I have not really seen anything so far about him that has my interest. Plus I am conservative on many social issues, and Libertarians are not - - at least to my knowledge.

smoking weed and being someone like a drug pusher are two different things entirely.I have friends that smoke pot but they are are good people so that part means nothing to me.Doesnt make them a bad person cause they did that at one time.

Johnson believes in the constitution and has similiar views same as ron paul.In a PERFECT world,the two finalists for POTUS in the last election would have been paul vs johnson.

I can only dream though of that. I would take Johnson over trump because i KNOW he believes in the constitution and honering it,something no president since reagan has.

I never said he was a drug pusher, so please do not try and hang that on me. In my mind he must smoke a good bit, and not just for medical reasons since HE was the one that came out and said he would not smoke it if he became President. So, does that mean that if he were elected, that all of a sudden he would not need it for medical reasons?

In my life I have smoked plenty of pot. I DO know the effects it has on a person first hand.

I doubt corporations will like loosing their tax deductions...

No, they won't. That's one of the reasons Libertarians have been marginalized by the press and vested interests in DC. We're the only party that actually opposes corporate welfare.
Of course if Libertarians had their way, goverment would be much smaller and taxes would be much less for everyone.

smoking weed and being someone like a drug pusher are two different things entirely.I have friends that smoke pot but they are are good people so that part means nothing to me.Doesnt make them a bad person cause they did that at one time.

I can only dream though of that. I would take Johnson over trump because i KNOW he believes in the constitution and honering it,something no president since reagan has.

I never said he was a drug pusher, so please do not try and hang that on me. In my mind he must smoke a good bit, and not just for medical reasons since HE was the one that came out and said he would not smoke it if he became President. So, does that mean that if he were elected, that all of a sudden he would not need it for medical reasons?

In my life I have smoked plenty of pot. I DO know the effects it has on a person first hand.
How do you compare the effects of pot use with the effects of booze. As far as I know, Trump is the only candidate that doesn't drink ( or smoke). Is getting high an worse than getting buzzed or drunk?

I don't drink or do drugs, so I don't have first hand experience with either.

P.S. Does Johnson claim to use pot for real medical reasons?

How do you compare the effects of pot use with the effects of booze. As far as I know, Trump is the only candidate that doesn't drink ( or smoke). Is getting high an worse than getting buzzed or drunk?

I don't know.

I don't either, but I have.

I never saw or read anything that said he did.

So, does that mean that if he were elected, that all of a sudden he would not need it for medical reasons?

He not narkoman. He is against all drugs like Tredeau in Canada and Trump in U.S.

I don't know.

I think Johnson said that he would not smoke pot while president if elected. I don't think medical reasons come to play.

I don't know.

I think Johnson said that he would not smoke pot while president if elected. I don't think medical reasons come to play.

That is what I was thinking as well. ;)

Anyway, I would not strike Johnson of my list for using pot anymore than I would not consider voting for another candidate that drinks.
Well, there is one thing about smoking pot, it is illegal. (At least I think it is in NM, I could be wrong). If I am right, then smoking pot shows that Johnson has no problem with breaking the law. Of course he may see breaking pot laws as an act of civil disobediance....that laws against pot are unjust.

Sorry for rambling

Alcohol is far more fatal than a joint..

I promise not to vote for dead candidates, which is one reason I'm not voting for the Hildabeast.

I promise not to vote for dead candidates, which is one reason I'm not voting for the Hildabeast.
We'd probably get better government if there were zombie candidates...

Perhaps a president with a first lady that knows how to use a wee-gee board. ( probably mispelled wee-gee).

Perhaps a president with a first lady that knows how to use a wee-gee board. ( probably mispelled wee-gee).

ouija-board.jpg

I am close to their age, so yes, Oujia was played in many homes..I found it boring..

Forum List

Back