Firearms question

Yes sir ,the FN 57 is hard to hide. But it delivers 21 rounds per clip with no recoil , I got away with it for some time at work ,things changed and had to go with a smaller frame.

I have a bursa 17+ and love the way it works and wanted to go with the bursa 13 shot but it was to thick.
So the slim is a good choice for me, having had the pf9, P38T years ago and not been satisfied with the action.

you will go through phases as you figure out what works and those things may change.
I can aim, and hit the target with just about anything I pick up now just because of the time behind the wheel
back in the day I couldn't hit anything with anything its all about practice and having your head in a good place.
Wearing a gun is rarely comfortable, but it may give you comfort

Yes sir ,the FN 57 is hard to hide. But it delivers 21 rounds per clip with no recoil , I got away with it for some time at work ,things changed and had to go with a smaller frame.

I have a bursa 17+ and love the way it works and wanted to go with the bursa 13 shot but it was to thick.
So the slim is a good choice for me, having had the pf9, P38T years ago and not been satisfied with the action.

you will go through phases as you figure out what works and those things may change.
I can aim, and hit the target with just about anything I pick up now just because of the time behind the wheel
back in the day I couldn't hit anything with anything its all about practice and having your head in a good place.
Wearing a gun is rarely comfortable, but it may give you comfort

I love the FN 57! A friend of mine has one and there is no recoil at all. The muzzle velocity of ~2000ft/s is something to behold. Amazing weapon. I'd get one, but they're too pricey.

Its worth it .Get 2 they come with 3 mags 63 total,
the muzzle V lets you service targets that have fired on you before their package arrives, nothing like it .

I'll paraphrase what a USAF PJ had to say about pistols...."when you are dealing with a handgun you are not dealing with serious firepower, I don't expect any particular pistol or ammo combination to do any particular thing. Instead place the shot, assess the situation, repeat as neccessary."

My advice is to buy the weapon that fits your hand the most comfortably and if you can take it out for a test all the better. I have a lot of handguns but the pistol I carry the most is a little .40 Firestar. It is compact and makes a big hole and all things being equal a bigger hole is better.

Also I am going to piss a lot of people off here but there is no such thing as knockdown power. Newtonian Physics tells us that for every action there is an opposite and equal reaction....so the maximum amount of energy that your target can absorb is the amount of recoil you absorb in your hand, wrist and arm. Put another way the ammo makers love to trot out their muzzle energy figures so taking the .50 S&W firing a 400 grain projectile at 1625 fps gives us a muzzle energy of 2,500 pounds. What that says is that the projectile, when it hits, will move a 2500 pound object one foot. What it also says is that you (who I will assign a random figure of 250 pounds to to keep the math simple, would be moved 10 feet), Peter Hathaway Capstick wrote about the problem in a very funny Guns and Ammo article from teh late 1970's called "The Shock Myth Exploded". It is a good read if you can find it.

So find a pistol you like and practice with it. All other will follow..the Army has an addage which says you fight the way you train, so train well, fight well.

I am getting my concealed pistols license.

I am trying to decide between a glock 19 9 mm and a s&w mp .40 caliber.

Suggestions?

i dont like glocks. might i suggest a springfield xd 9mm? otherwise, if you have the cheddar and are a fan of one of the best handguns ever made, get a baby 1911.

i have personal experience with those, but sig pros are narrow, taurus 709:eusa_drool:?

Suggestions?

i dont like glocks. might i suggest a springfield xd 9mm? otherwise, if you have the cheddar and are a fan of one of the best handguns ever made, get a baby 1911.

i have personal experience with those, but sig pros are narrow, taurus 709:eusa_drool:?
ah, reading back i see you've settled on the glock. i dont like them shits because the grips were made for chic-fingers. i'd have to swap the grips, i guess. i got the xd instead.

i am part of the 'lots of bullets' school of thought; getting an extension for your pinky pulled my group together significantly when i had the glock.

Good points........but if you have to empty your firearm just to stop one dude, what if there are more threats coming at you? You've got to reload quickly and if you couldn't stop one, the others are already in your face. Just a thought.

With the advances in ammo these days it's becoming a mote point. Besides, have you ever been in a fire fight? Your target is frequently moving, ducking, bobbing and/or weaving which makes faster target acquisition that much more important and much easier with a lighter caliber.
What's even more important are the stats that show in the vast majority of incidences all you have to do is draw a sidearm and even armed perps take off running. They don't stop to look at what caliber it is they simply realize they picked the wrong mark and hightail it the hell out of there.
Heavy frame help keep things on target The FN was good for this as it has no recoil.

Yeah but most modern handguns today are lightweight, poly-composite materials which does nothing to help with recoil. Ergo I prefer the older, heavier steel framed, like you said, much more control.

I got my Glock 19, I had fun shooting it today.

My wife shot it as well.

What is interesting is that the gun store person said that Obama has made gun sales sky rocket.

He said he will make Obama gun salesman of the year.

2 magazines, I am trying to get my wife to shoot it too. It's a lot of fun.

Suggestions?
Pass on both!

Take a look at the Springfield XDM! I have shot the glock and it doesn't compare to the XDM. If you are looking for home protection go for the 45. If you are looking to go to the range go for the 9mm (much cheaper bullets), besides the 9mm had 19+1 Jihadis in each clip.

In the 9mm also consider the Beretta its a sweet piece also. Stay far clear from the Sigma 9mm!

this is a picture of my baby!

Attachments

• $Springfield XDM.jpg
    $Springfield XDM.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 97
You are a bit late, but thank you.

For home protection I have a 12 gauge mossberg pump.

I really enjoyed firing the Glock 19 today.

For a home invasion I would use my 12 gauge pump, it's hard to beat that power and intimidation affect.
I think I am looking to buy the Saiga 12! Its a Russian made monster! Saw something on it during on the history channel. Semi-automatic 12 gauge shotgun. Clips come in 5, 10, 12 and 20! A shotgun with a clip. It comes with a claw on the barrel for knocking down doors. 3" barrel, however the lengthe of the barrel is only 19"!

Atlantic firearms has the full package at $1,200.

Saiga 12 Shotgun Sale Atlantic Firearms.com IZ 109 Russian American Armory

For a home invasion I would use my 12 gauge pump, it's hard to beat that power and intimidation affect.
I think I am looking to buy the Saiga 12! Its a Russian made monster! Saw something on it during on the history channel. Semi-automatic 12 gauge shotgun. Clips come in 5, 10, 12 and 20! A shotgun with a clip. It comes with a claw on the barrel for knocking down doors. 3" barrel, however the lengthe of the barrel is only 19"!

Atlantic firearms has the full package at $1,200.

Saiga 12 Shotgun Sale Atlantic Firearms.com IZ 109 Russian American Armory
:shock: i thought i was a bad-ass with my tac-4.

i'm hoping 10 in the tube will get me by. the next gun-money i spend should be on a safe, then i should stop buying guns. should.

a 20 round can ?!?!!!! :eusa_drool:

Your Post got me thinking, while I love my S&W and the Baretta is Nice, it has been 5 or 6 years since my last purchase.

I was doing some research on the 40 cal. H&K P2000 Compact and the USP Full Size, the reviews have been Stellar! A little Pricey but probably worth every penny I would bet

Now, if I can only get the boss to approve the cash outlaw ..........

The Saiga? Communist Crap!

Support America's Allies. Buy the South-Korean USAS-12.

usas12.jpg

Twenty rounds of 12-gauge fun, FULL AUTO!

:D

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back