• Yes but only at the local level

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other types of yes's

• Other types of no's

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"dem hires"? So if they were hired by dems, their work has no bearing on whether they get fired or not? Most at that level aren't very political.
I asked the wife (retired .gov worker) and a reduction in force is usually accomplished by simple seniority across departments within an agency.....Even management takes a haircut.

Remember, a .gov job isn't a right.

I asked the wife (retired .gov worker) and a reduction in force is usually accomplished by simple seniority across departments within an agency.....Even management takes a haircut.

I know it is not a right. But you wanted people fired based on who was in power when they were hired. in the overwhelming majority, there is no real connection between the new hire and the president.

Well....don't give them what they demand. But to fire all those workers making $25k to $60k would ruin them for a long time.

Could most people live for 2+ months on their savings?
Dude. This happens to people all the time. Why are government employees immune from the difficulties of real life? I can't appreciate this silly mentality. Nobody deserves job security. Government employees aren't more important than the people who pay them. I'm not sure what you are getting at.

Are you implying that no worker making $25k to $60k hasn't been ruined for a long time? Besides I said to hire them back at half the pay.

Last edited:
I know it is not a right. But you wanted people fired based on who was in power when they were hired. in the overwhelming majority, there is no real connection between the new hire and the president.
How about the 87K IRS agents and the beefed-up EDA personnel roster?

When agencies got flush with cash through the "Inflation Reduction Act" they went on a hiring spree so a reduction in force is a good way to rake that money back.

Indeed, after the IRA was passed up to 30% of new jobs "created" went to the .gov or .gov contractors.

Reforming government contract work would Make a far bigger difference to spending then cutting government worker salaries in half.
I like it. Let's do both. If it doesn't work well they can go back to the old ways in a couple of years.

WTF is that all about. Federal employees are the same as you and me.
No they aren't. Normal people get fired from jobs all the time. Government employees aren't allowed to be fired. Government employees are elitist. It would just be pleasurable to see them reminded that they work for the people. The people don't work for them.

But it is property to the job holder who usually took an oath for it.

So, who will take care of the Vets in the VA hospitals when you fire all the nurses and doctors and techs?

For 90 days, nobody. After 90 days it would be the same people. They would just work for half the pay. My keyboard didn't stutter.

But it is property to the job holder who usually took an oath for it.
27ywg4.jpg

Dude. This happens to people all the time. Why are government employees immune from the difficulties of real life? I can't appreciate this silly mentality. Nobody deserves job security. Government employees aren't more important than the people who pay them. I'm not sure what you are getting at.

Are you implying that nobody worker making $25k to $60k hasn't been ruined for a long time? Besides I said to hire them back at half the pay.

Right, you want them fired for 2 months. And then, when they come back from that, you want their pay cut in half?

No, I am not saying people aren't fired or laid off. But I am saying doing it to so many, for so little gain is pitiful.

And whether they do their job well and are good employees doesn't matter at all. You want them all fired.

There are 2.87 million Americans who work for the federal gov't. And you want them all fire, regardless of how critical their job is.

And if I were a gov't worker, and knew my pay would be halved, I would find work in the private sector.
Bingo! Jackpot! Winner! Winner! Chicken dinner! Now you are getting it.
Cut the DoD budget by 20% and you would save even more money.
I love your thinking. I'd say cut it by 75% but I'll take 20%. Deal!
But having 2 months of no VA medical/counselling, no federal law enforcement, no border patrol, no inspectors for meat and other foods, no national parks open, and more is insanity of another level.
It would be no more insane than a war. It is just a 90 day readjustment period. It would be really bad for a while but then things would be better after about 1-2 years of adjustment.
Will the military come under this? Will they be fired for 2 months and then have their pay cut in half? An enlisted E-6, with 10 years of service, makes $4,388.00 a month. You want to now pay him $2,194 a month? The backbone of the working military, and you want them to make less than $27k a year?
Absolutely. Your math is kick ass.

They fired a government employee in College Station, Texas. It costs us the taxpayers $76M. I don’t think we can afford to fire them.
Yes. Some of them do have parachute packages. I've seen that. Those types of disgusting scam artist that have no desire to serve the public just might be able to get a pass.

How about the 87K IRS agents and the beefed-up EDA personnel roster?

When agencies got flush with cash through the "Inflation Reduction Act" they went on a hiring spree so a reduction in force is a good way to rake that money back.

Indeed, after the IRA was passed up to 30% of new jobs "created" went to the .gov or .gov contractors.

Cutting jobs is very, very different from what the OP idiot wants. Yes, trim personnel. But that would be a far cry from firing everyone and then rehiring at half their previous salary.

I just looked at the poll. Who is the Enstein who voted to fire all gov't employees (federal state and local)?

Are you a fan of anarchy and riots?
I was the one who voted that. Yes. That would be fine for a short period of time. It would just be like a war. There are anarchy-type and riot-type stuff during a war. It would just be like that but only 3 months. Once the three month period is over they would be restored to half of their pay. If the government wants to get rid of leeches sucking the government dry, then it will take some sacrifices. 3 months of anarchy and riots would be fine for a little while.

For 90 days, nobody. After 90 days it would be the same people. They would just work for half the pay. My keyboard didn't stutter.

No medical care for veterans for 90 days? Yeah, that won't fly. You don't shit on veterans when you are mad at Congress.

And cutting people's pay in half will result is mass exodus.

I did pretty well as far as income goes. But cutting my pay in half would've meant I'm out finding better work.

Forum List

Back