Financial Volatility and Spiritual Awakening

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Effectively nobody gets saved on their prom night, honeymoon or other joyous occasion. People also do not generally get saved in the aftermath of tragedy such as the loss of a child which normally leads to divorce. What does often lead to salvation is the realization that they have hit bottom with substance abuse, gambling or other types of addiction. Volatility in the stock/bond market can have the same effect as the realization of an out of control addiction. Why do so few prayer circles consider a prayer for higher volatility as a means of bringing people to salvation?

Effectively nobody gets saved on their prom night, honeymoon or other joyous occasion. People also do not generally get saved in the aftermath of tragedy such as the loss of a child which normally leads to divorce. What does often lead to salvation is the realization that they have hit bottom with substance abuse, gambling or other types of addiction. Volatility in the stock/bond market can have the same effect as the realization of an out of control addiction. Why do so few prayer circles consider a prayer for higher volatility as a means of bringing people to salvation?

The continued bet against volatility is beginning to unravel. Is about time.

The continued bet against volatility is beginning to unravel. Is about time.
Keep a close eye on repossessions in real estate...I like to buy but it signals a weak consumer credit base...

Give up my money and get saved?

Get your grubby fingers out of my pocketbook!

Spoken like a true Finn. The older ones never put up with that nonsense. Not even for a minute.

I'm trying to hone my pitch for the local prayer circles for awakening. If you have similar prayer circles in your area you can try and see if there are more points that should be added to the pitch I have already made this morning

The 10 year treasury has an after tax 3% yield for those who are now in the no tax zone but 2.1% for those in the 30% tax bracket. Munis with tax exempt yields above 3% are becoming common. fmsbonds.com is the company whose muni ads come up when I post of this subject. This kind of yield premium (2.1-3% muni yield is all the solvent states and local governments need to pay.) will have a bad end. When such states and localities hit the wall services such as fire and rescue will be reduced and that will cause deaths. That is one of the prayer areas that needs work.

Another needed prayer is to keep casualties down from the real estate slow down that showed up in the numbers in Oct of last year. So arson based financing out is the only way out in states and localities where the average house exceeds the mortgage cap and that can become lethal quickly.

Domestic and Foreign direct Investment will also be rent seeking.

Prayers for greater volatility are also needed to discomfort those of unbelief but also ministries as well. What ministries are needed to maximize the harvest under these circumstances?

That is one of the prayer areas that needs work.

Surely you have something more worthy of asking God in prayer than greater material riches.

Needs work. Sure. Remember that old saying that God helps those who help themselves. Hard work is supposed to earn money.

Problems with the economy and society in general? Go to work and fix them.

Nazi enemies dragging down the economy? Yes. We actually do need to go to war to fix the economy and all this gun control stupidity.

War is work. One cannot fight a war out of anger, emotion, or hatred. No. We must wage total destruction and annihilation upon our enemies and bring about by superior force of mind and body that which is good and right and just, which our enemies will not otherwise allow us to attain.

Forum List

Back