Finally, the Vince Flynn, Mitch Rapp movie...and it sadly doesn't look good....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
This is the first film about Mitch Rapp.....an assassin tasked with killing islamic terrorists. Flynn died of cancer before his character could get his due on screen...and I initially don't think they are going to do the character justice.....

Mitch Rapp is a guy with no patience for the CIA bureaucracy, and simply wants to be out in the field killing muslim terrorists.....and the barely controlled rage at the incompetent bureaucrats....the hallmark of his character....simply seems lacking......

An insight into exactly who this character is.....the psychiatrist who evaluates the operatives keeps bugging Rapp about getting counseling.....the Character thinks to himself...killing these assholes is all the therapy I need.......

Flynn, the author, was a hard core patriot, and understood the war on islamic terrorists.....I am not sure the director, Anton Fuqua, I think....was the best choice for this character.....

[ My mistake....Fuqua was originally linked to directing this film, but it is another director....Michael Cuesta, who actually directed.]

Flynn didn't hate America, he understood islamic terrorism, and wanted to actually fight it effectively......

Watch: Mitch Rapp Trains Up in 'American Assassin' Trailer - Breitbart

Also....the origin story of Mitch Rapp came at the end of Flynn's series...near the end....and I think he didn't do the best job at creating the process of training these assassins.....his first books in this series are great though...and Mitch Rapp deserves a long series of movies....if they don't let the left wing, anti American crap of the Borne movies infect it....

Flynn was critical of the Borne movies.....and didn't like the anti CIA, anti American crap they portrayed...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back