Finally, an answer to why you need an AR15 with 30 round magazines

That's hunting philosophy. No military unit or law enforcement agency has any such belief. It's not possible.
how so???

Like I just told White 6 - you can read it for yourself. If it was so simple then why isn't it happening in the Army infantry? Did you just forget to write them a suggestion? Was the Miami shootout 1 shot 1 kill? Was the video I posted earlier in t his thread 1 shot 1 kill where the police were in a shootout not 20 feet from two bad guys, dozens of shots fired between them all, and not a single person hit... 1 shot 1 kill is a TV movie fantasy.
my comment was specific that most training is for one shot one kill,,,doesnt mean everybody succeeds at it,,,

And as the real statistics show, even the best in the world need 2.7 shots to do it.
doesnt change how you train,,,

Actually, it does. Two CHP officers were murdered way back in the 1960's because their training was flawed.
are you saying they intentionally trained to miss???

and you had to go back 60 yrs for your example I see,,

The CHP officers were placing their expended brass in their pouches, just like they were trained to do. The bad guy walked up to them and shot them.

It's a very old adage, but an accurate on, "you fight, the way you train".
neither debunks the fact you train to put the bullet where you intend,
you dont train to miss,,,

Yes, you train to hit your target. But to make the claim that you train for one hit one kill is silly.

You train to be as accurate as you can. But that is in a non combat situation. Far better would be to claim you train to be as accurate as possible.

In the real world people don't just stop like they do in the movies.
to some its the same thing,,,

it does amaze me what some people will argue about,,,,

Number 1. You are an utter idiot. You do not know, because you have never been in and been trained. Tactic you are taught are to be adapted in the field, based on other things you have never been trained on. Number 2. Never said I was smarter than everybody else. Other people have had the same training, except for you of course. Number 3. Most Officers do not be come Generals in an average 20 year career, even if they commissioned in from West Point. Most do not eve stay or get to stay for20 years. A huge number stay until they are 1st Lt or CPT and get out. It ain't for everybody. Taught a lot of tactics, but not infantry tactics as I was an Armor Officer after Armored Cavalry Enlisted ranks, after being selected for OCS, never Infantry, although the tactics in OCS were infantry tactics. For more info you may contact Fort Benning, or just live in ignorance, which is probably more your way.
Now all your little crapola started because you think shooting people with an AR-15 is the way to go for riot situations, and apparently on 10 meter unarmed targets. It ain't. You are one of the very few that think it is. You are a symptom of what is wrong with this country. I gave you a day to suffer your prattle of idiocy, but about all your going to get.

I understand promotion timetables. But you did admit that you actually do know nothing about infantry accept what you learned in OCS. More schooling.. more book learning. Still no actual knowledge about shit. And yet you now claim to be an Armor Officer after previously claiming you spent your career teaching on the firing range.

All this started because you said no one needs 30 rounds because there are not 30 targets and that you were taught, and taught in the military, 1 shot 1 kill. You're still fucking lying. You were not taught 1 shot 1 kill in the military and you didn't teach it in the military. Because you lied about that, any claim you make about military service must be presumed to be, at a minimum, a great exaggeration, and likely a flat out lie.

I never claimed that an AR is THE way to go for riot situations. Yet another lie you're telling. But I have seen actual service members, actual national guard, actual police, and most are carrying AR-based platforms. Since full-auto spraying a crowd doesn't make sense, even if they're shooting M-16 or M4, military and law-enforcement would be shooting in semi-auto mode so, really, no difference between them and an AR-15. So, dumbfuck, the Army and the National Guard DO think that the AR is the right weapon for a riot... So, once again, you know more than all the generals and all of the infantry. Why aren't you a general running some infantry tactics thinktank?

As for my own choice, I have an AR, a shotgun, and multiple handguns readily available. The handgun gets into play the quickest so it's probably the starting weapon if I'm taken by surprise. Other weapons come into play more slowly and depend on the scenario. So, no, I didn't claim what you lied to say I claimed but a bunch of generals smarter than you seem to think you're an idiot, too, because they think an AR is a great platform for riots.
You understand little or nothing. IGNORE
This guy disagrees:
iu
Is that a Californium National Guard patch on the shoulder. If so, I can assure you, he did not have choice of weapon assignment, any more than I did in Memphis.

Number 1. You are an utter idiot. You do not know, because you have never been in and been trained. Tactic you are taught are to be adapted in the field, based on other things you have never been trained on. Number 2. Never said I was smarter than everybody else. Other people have had the same training, except for you of course. Number 3. Most Officers do not be come Generals in an average 20 year career, even if they commissioned in from West Point. Most do not eve stay or get to stay for20 years. A huge number stay until they are 1st Lt or CPT and get out. It ain't for everybody. Taught a lot of tactics, but not infantry tactics as I was an Armor Officer after Armored Cavalry Enlisted ranks, after being selected for OCS, never Infantry, although the tactics in OCS were infantry tactics. For more info you may contact Fort Benning, or just live in ignorance, which is probably more your way.
Now all your little crapola started because you think shooting people with an AR-15 is the way to go for riot situations, and apparently on 10 meter unarmed targets. It ain't. You are one of the very few that think it is. You are a symptom of what is wrong with this country. I gave you a day to suffer your prattle of idiocy, but about all your going to get.

I understand promotion timetables. But you did admit that you actually do know nothing about infantry accept what you learned in OCS. More schooling.. more book learning. Still no actual knowledge about shit. And yet you now claim to be an Armor Officer after previously claiming you spent your career teaching on the firing range.

All this started because you said no one needs 30 rounds because there are not 30 targets and that you were taught, and taught in the military, 1 shot 1 kill. You're still fucking lying. You were not taught 1 shot 1 kill in the military and you didn't teach it in the military. Because you lied about that, any claim you make about military service must be presumed to be, at a minimum, a great exaggeration, and likely a flat out lie.

I never claimed that an AR is THE way to go for riot situations. Yet another lie you're telling. But I have seen actual service members, actual national guard, actual police, and most are carrying AR-based platforms. Since full-auto spraying a crowd doesn't make sense, even if they're shooting M-16 or M4, military and law-enforcement would be shooting in semi-auto mode so, really, no difference between them and an AR-15. So, dumbfuck, the Army and the National Guard DO think that the AR is the right weapon for a riot... So, once again, you know more than all the generals and all of the infantry. Why aren't you a general running some infantry tactics thinktank?

As for my own choice, I have an AR, a shotgun, and multiple handguns readily available. The handgun gets into play the quickest so it's probably the starting weapon if I'm taken by surprise. Other weapons come into play more slowly and depend on the scenario. So, no, I didn't claim what you lied to say I claimed but a bunch of generals smarter than you seem to think you're an idiot, too, because they think an AR is a great platform for riots.
This guy disagrees:
iu
Is that a Californium National Guard patch on the shoulder. If so, I can assure you, he did not have choice of weapon assignment, any more than I did in Memphis.
I can assure you it is not. I know where and when that pic was taken.

This guy disagrees:
iu
OK. Give. It is a subdued patch, I do not recognize because I can't see it and look it up. He is wearing Fatigues, steal pot, black combat boots can be seen on the soldier behind him and sleeves rolled up, meaning time period probably late 70s to 80s. Tree in upper right appears to have fronds instead of leaves. Doesn't look like civilians. Flack jackets ain't cheap, though I cannot tell if his has the plates in or not.

This guy disagrees:
iu
OK. Give. It is a subdued patch, I do not recognize because I can't see it and look it up. He is wearing Fatigues, steal pot, black combat boots can be seen on the soldier behind him and sleeves rolled up, meaning time period probably late 70s to 80s. Tree in upper right appears to have fronds instead of leaves. Doesn't look like civilians. Flack jackets ain't cheap, though I cannot tell if his has the plates in or not.
Miami 1980.

This guy disagrees:
iu
Miami 1980.
Sounds right. He still looks like Guard and was assigned the weapon.

This guy disagrees:
iu

Then I suggest you don't comment and let HIM tell us what HE thinks. Fair enough?

This guy disagrees:
iu
Miami 1980.
He was. And-?

That's hunting philosophy. No military unit or law enforcement agency has any such belief. It's not possible.
how so???

Like I just told White 6 - you can read it for yourself. If it was so simple then why isn't it happening in the Army infantry? Did you just forget to write them a suggestion? Was the Miami shootout 1 shot 1 kill? Was the video I posted earlier in t his thread 1 shot 1 kill where the police were in a shootout not 20 feet from two bad guys, dozens of shots fired between them all, and not a single person hit... 1 shot 1 kill is a TV movie fantasy.
my comment was specific that most training is for one shot one kill,,,doesnt mean everybody succeeds at it,,,

And as the real statistics show, even the best in the world need 2.7 shots to do it.
doesnt change how you train,,,

Actually, it does. Two CHP officers were murdered way back in the 1960's because their training was flawed.
are you saying they intentionally trained to miss???

and you had to go back 60 yrs for your example I see,,

The CHP officers were placing their expended brass in their pouches, just like they were trained to do. The bad guy walked up to them and shot them.

It's a very old adage, but an accurate on, "you fight, the way you train".
neither debunks the fact you train to put the bullet where you intend,
you dont train to miss,,,

Yes, you train to hit your target. But to make the claim that you train for one hit one kill is silly.

You train to be as accurate as you can. But that is in a non combat situation. Far better would be to claim you train to be as accurate as possible.

In the real world people don't just stop like they do in the movies.
It is well understood, the difference between paper targets and human being targets, in general, military combat and sports hunting. Are you sure you are remembering the thread is about protesters, random rioters looting for themselves during the opportunity of chaos? As pointed out, all the possible targets shown in the picture for the thread were within 10 meters, not to mention unarmed. Is there not any possibility in your mind at all, that the AR-15 for riot control supporters, could be a little out in the weeds, so to speak?

No. Not at all. You have no idea when the bad guys are going to riot, nor do you have any idea how many there will be.

This guy disagrees:
iu
Miami 1980.
Yep, for riot control. It proved quite effective, too.

So where were all you good guys with guns while this was going on a week ago?

I thought this was why Americans are so safe?

They were at home protecting their homes and families.....and some were outside their businesses....like the Italian Bakery, to keep democrats from looting and burning their livlihoods.....

Who do you think is going to attack you that you would need such a weapon? Do you think that someone is going to invade your home? You right-wingers are so fearful of your fellow Americans and so cowardly.

Did you miss the democrat party riots these last few weeks? They also told the press they were going to go into the suburbs to loot and murder....you doofus.

This guy disagrees:
iu
Miami 1980.
He was. And-?
He did not choose or necessarily even prefer the M-16 he is hold, and that one goes full auto or one shot, and that one has a 20 Round magazine, not 30. It still does not support preference for 30 round magazine. To tell the truth, I zeroed and fired a newly built AR-15 style weapon this weekend with 30 round magazine. You ever fire prone supported with a 30 round slightly curved magazine? You won't prefer it, as the magazine sticks down too far. I may be weapon abusive, buy I remember hitting the ground pretty hard back in the day on butt of stock, elbows and stomach. A 30 round magazine after firing this weekend, seems like it would be in my way. I do my best shooting on that style weapon in prone supported position, as it is most stable and you present the smallest silhouette.

This guy disagrees:
iu
Miami 1980.
He was. And-?
He did not choose or necessarily even prefer the M-16 he is hold, and that one goes full auto or one shot, and that one has a 20 Round magazine, not 30. It still does not support preference for 30 round magazine. To tell the truth, I zeroed and fired a newly built AR-15 style weapon this weekend with 30 round magazine. You ever fire prone supported with a 30 round slightly curved magazine? You won't prefer it, as the magazine sticks down too far. I may be weapon abusive, buy I remember hitting the ground pretty hard back in the day on butt of stock, elbows and stomach. A 30 round magazine after firing this weekend, seems like it would be in my way. I do my best shooting on that style weapon in prone supported position, as it is most stable and you present the smallest silhouette.

Yes, I have 20 round mags for prone shooting as well. For PLEASURE. Riots, and their suppression are not pleasant affairs though....are they.

This guy disagrees:
iu
Miami 1980.
Really? How many rioters did he bag? I don't remember a bloodbath in Miami in 80, but I was on active duty elsewhere and had was tied up mostly on Tanks.

This guy disagrees:
iu
Miami 1980.
He was. And-?

Yes, I have 20 round mags for prone shooting as well. For PLEASURE. Riots, and their suppression are not pleasant affairs though....are they.
Doubt if I will have the need, but there is a purpose for a 30 round magazine. If I decide to build my own, I will probably have a couple. My son got 4 ea. of the 30s. Zeroing from the table meant you only used the back foot or so as the magazine comes down below the level of the zero table. It was fun for standing and standing supported, against the 4x6s holding up the shelter we were firing from. Nice place. I will undoubtedly change my membership from the more limited indoor range I am a member of now when my membership is up in July.

This guy disagrees:
iu
Miami 1980.
Really? How many rioters did he bag? I don't remember a bloodbath in Miami in 80, but I was on active duty elsewhere and had was tied up mostly on Tanks.
There were a few put down. Not many.... But you know, put a few down with some headshots, they know you mean business and the word spreads.

So where were all you good guys with guns while this was going on a week ago?

I thought this was why Americans are so safe?
Cheering for the thugs to burn baby burn. If you limp dick leftists allow that shit to happen I really don't give a fuck
Pass the marshmallows please

This guy disagrees:
iu
Miami 1980.
He was. And-?

Doubt if I will have the need, but there is a purpose for a 30 round magazine. If I decide to build my own, I will probably have a couple. My son got 4 ea. of the 30s. Zeroing from the table meant you only used the back foot or so as the magazine comes down below the level of the zero table. It was fun for standing and standing supported, against the 4x6s holding up the shelter we were firing from. Nice place. I will undoubtedly change my membership from the more limited indoor range I am a member of now when my membership is up in July.

No, the 20 round mags don't interfere with the bench at all. Of course I have a bipod on my rifle so evidently I am a little better set up than you seem to be.

Outdoor ranges are almost always superior to indoor ranges. When my friends and I do go to a range it is either the Carson city (300 yards), or the Pyramid range which is a 1000 yard range. If we are shooting further we have a 3500 yard we set up in the Black Rock desert.

Forum List

Back