Finally, an answer to why you need an AR15 with 30 round magazines

Number 1. You are an utter idiot. You do not know, because you have never been in and been trained. Tactic you are taught are to be adapted in the field, based on other things you have never been trained on. Number 2. Never said I was smarter than everybody else. Other people have had the same training, except for you of course. Number 3. Most Officers do not be come Generals in an average 20 year career, even if they commissioned in from West Point. Most do not eve stay or get to stay for20 years. A huge number stay until they are 1st Lt or CPT and get out. It ain't for everybody. Taught a lot of tactics, but not infantry tactics as I was an Armor Officer after Armored Cavalry Enlisted ranks, after being selected for OCS, never Infantry, although the tactics in OCS were infantry tactics. For more info you may contact Fort Benning, or just live in ignorance, which is probably more your way.
Now all your little crapola started because you think shooting people with an AR-15 is the way to go for riot situations, and apparently on 10 meter unarmed targets. It ain't. You are one of the very few that think it is. You are a symptom of what is wrong with this country. I gave you a day to suffer your prattle of idiocy, but about all your going to get.

I understand promotion timetables. But you did admit that you actually do know nothing about infantry accept what you learned in OCS. More schooling.. more book learning. Still no actual knowledge about shit. And yet you now claim to be an Armor Officer after previously claiming you spent your career teaching on the firing range.

All this started because you said no one needs 30 rounds because there are not 30 targets and that you were taught, and taught in the military, 1 shot 1 kill. You're still fucking lying. You were not taught 1 shot 1 kill in the military and you didn't teach it in the military. Because you lied about that, any claim you make about military service must be presumed to be, at a minimum, a great exaggeration, and likely a flat out lie.

I never claimed that an AR is THE way to go for riot situations. Yet another lie you're telling. But I have seen actual service members, actual national guard, actual police, and most are carrying AR-based platforms. Since full-auto spraying a crowd doesn't make sense, even if they're shooting M-16 or M4, military and law-enforcement would be shooting in semi-auto mode so, really, no difference between them and an AR-15. So, dumbfuck, the Army and the National Guard DO think that the AR is the right weapon for a riot... So, once again, you know more than all the generals and all of the infantry. Why aren't you a general running some infantry tactics thinktank?

As for my own choice, I have an AR, a shotgun, and multiple handguns readily available. The handgun gets into play the quickest so it's probably the starting weapon if I'm taken by surprise. Other weapons come into play more slowly and depend on the scenario. So, no, I didn't claim what you lied to say I claimed but a bunch of generals smarter than you seem to think you're an idiot, too, because they think an AR is a great platform for riots.
You understand little or nothing. IGNORE
This guy disagrees:
iu
Is that a Californium National Guard patch on the shoulder. If so, I can assure you, he did not have choice of weapon assignment, any more than I did in Memphis.
I can assure you it is not. I know where and when that pic was taken.
OK. Give. It is a subdued patch, I do not recognize because I can't see it and look it up. He is wearing Fatigues, steal pot, black combat boots can be seen on the soldier behind him and sleeves rolled up, meaning time period probably late 70s to 80s. Tree in upper right appears to have fronds instead of leaves. Doesn't look like civilians. Flack jackets ain't cheap, though I cannot tell if his has the plates in or not.

He's wearing the old 1955 flak jacket. No plates at all. Only good against grenade frags, and clubs.

Number 1. You are an utter idiot. You do not know, because you have never been in and been trained. Tactic you are taught are to be adapted in the field, based on other things you have never been trained on. Number 2. Never said I was smarter than everybody else. Other people have had the same training, except for you of course. Number 3. Most Officers do not be come Generals in an average 20 year career, even if they commissioned in from West Point. Most do not eve stay or get to stay for20 years. A huge number stay until they are 1st Lt or CPT and get out. It ain't for everybody. Taught a lot of tactics, but not infantry tactics as I was an Armor Officer after Armored Cavalry Enlisted ranks, after being selected for OCS, never Infantry, although the tactics in OCS were infantry tactics. For more info you may contact Fort Benning, or just live in ignorance, which is probably more your way.
Now all your little crapola started because you think shooting people with an AR-15 is the way to go for riot situations, and apparently on 10 meter unarmed targets. It ain't. You are one of the very few that think it is. You are a symptom of what is wrong with this country. I gave you a day to suffer your prattle of idiocy, but about all your going to get.

I understand promotion timetables. But you did admit that you actually do know nothing about infantry accept what you learned in OCS. More schooling.. more book learning. Still no actual knowledge about shit. And yet you now claim to be an Armor Officer after previously claiming you spent your career teaching on the firing range.

All this started because you said no one needs 30 rounds because there are not 30 targets and that you were taught, and taught in the military, 1 shot 1 kill. You're still fucking lying. You were not taught 1 shot 1 kill in the military and you didn't teach it in the military. Because you lied about that, any claim you make about military service must be presumed to be, at a minimum, a great exaggeration, and likely a flat out lie.

I never claimed that an AR is THE way to go for riot situations. Yet another lie you're telling. But I have seen actual service members, actual national guard, actual police, and most are carrying AR-based platforms. Since full-auto spraying a crowd doesn't make sense, even if they're shooting M-16 or M4, military and law-enforcement would be shooting in semi-auto mode so, really, no difference between them and an AR-15. So, dumbfuck, the Army and the National Guard DO think that the AR is the right weapon for a riot... So, once again, you know more than all the generals and all of the infantry. Why aren't you a general running some infantry tactics thinktank?

As for my own choice, I have an AR, a shotgun, and multiple handguns readily available. The handgun gets into play the quickest so it's probably the starting weapon if I'm taken by surprise. Other weapons come into play more slowly and depend on the scenario. So, no, I didn't claim what you lied to say I claimed but a bunch of generals smarter than you seem to think you're an idiot, too, because they think an AR is a great platform for riots.
This guy disagrees:
iu
Is that a Californium National Guard patch on the shoulder. If so, I can assure you, he did not have choice of weapon assignment, any more than I did in Memphis.
OK. Give. It is a subdued patch, I do not recognize because I can't see it and look it up. He is wearing Fatigues, steal pot, black combat boots can be seen on the soldier behind him and sleeves rolled up, meaning time period probably late 70s to 80s. Tree in upper right appears to have fronds instead of leaves. Doesn't look like civilians. Flack jackets ain't cheap, though I cannot tell if his has the plates in or not.
Miami 1980.
Sounds right. He still looks like Guard and was assigned the weapon.
He was. And-?
He did not choose or necessarily even prefer the M-16 he is hold, and that one goes full auto or one shot, and that one has a 20 Round magazine, not 30. It still does not support preference for 30 round magazine. To tell the truth, I zeroed and fired a newly built AR-15 style weapon this weekend with 30 round magazine. You ever fire prone supported with a 30 round slightly curved magazine? You won't prefer it, as the magazine sticks down too far. I may be weapon abusive, buy I remember hitting the ground pretty hard back in the day on butt of stock, elbows and stomach. A 30 round magazine after firing this weekend, seems like it would be in my way. I do my best shooting on that style weapon in prone supported position, as it is most stable and you present the smallest silhouette.

Yes, I have 20 round mags for prone shooting as well. For PLEASURE. Riots, and their suppression are not pleasant affairs though....are they.
Doubt if I will have the need, but there is a purpose for a 30 round magazine. If I decide to build my own, I will probably have a couple. My son got 4 ea. of the 30s. Zeroing from the table meant you only used the back foot or so as the magazine comes down below the level of the zero table. It was fun for standing and standing supported, against the 4x6s holding up the shelter we were firing from. Nice place. I will undoubtedly change my membership from the more limited indoor range I am a member of now when my membership is up in July.

No, the 20 round mags don't interfere with the bench at all. Of course I have a bipod on my rifle so evidently I am a little better set up than you seem to be.

Outdoor ranges are almost always superior to indoor ranges. When my friends and I do go to a range it is either the Carson city (300 yards), or the Pyramid range which is a 1000 yard range. If we are shooting further we have a 3500 yard we set up in the Black Rock desert.
Neat. Haven't fired a .50 since 3 years before retirement and never fired a civilian .50. This is Tennessee. Will never see a need in this state for that long a shot. Have no idea where Barrett tries out their merchandise. The private range complex I was on Saturday had a range above a draw, set up for 300, 400, 500, and 600 meters. I think the guy said the hillside berm beyond was around 700 but you could not set targets due to elevation and range safety. Agree about outdoor ranges for pistol and of course long guns. A lot to be learned and experience gained from firing in variable conditions of light, temp, breeze and just your clothes depending on weather and season, rather than staying in air conditioned comfort in constant lighting as the target comes and goes at the touch of a button, which is what I am a member of now.

This guy disagrees:
iu
Miami 1980.
He was. And-?
He did not choose or necessarily even prefer the M-16 he is hold, and that one goes full auto or one shot, and that one has a 20 Round magazine, not 30. It still does not support preference for 30 round magazine. To tell the truth, I zeroed and fired a newly built AR-15 style weapon this weekend with 30 round magazine. You ever fire prone supported with a 30 round slightly curved magazine? You won't prefer it, as the magazine sticks down too far. I may be weapon abusive, buy I remember hitting the ground pretty hard back in the day on butt of stock, elbows and stomach. A 30 round magazine after firing this weekend, seems like it would be in my way. I do my best shooting on that style weapon in prone supported position, as it is most stable and you present the smallest silhouette.

Yes, I have 20 round mags for prone shooting as well. For PLEASURE. Riots, and their suppression are not pleasant affairs though....are they.
Doubt if I will have the need, but there is a purpose for a 30 round magazine. If I decide to build my own, I will probably have a couple. My son got 4 ea. of the 30s. Zeroing from the table meant you only used the back foot or so as the magazine comes down below the level of the zero table. It was fun for standing and standing supported, against the 4x6s holding up the shelter we were firing from. Nice place. I will undoubtedly change my membership from the more limited indoor range I am a member of now when my membership is up in July.

No, the 20 round mags don't interfere with the bench at all. Of course I have a bipod on my rifle so evidently I am a little better set up than you seem to be.

Outdoor ranges are almost always superior to indoor ranges. When my friends and I do go to a range it is either the Carson city (300 yards), or the Pyramid range which is a 1000 yard range. If we are shooting further we have a 3500 yard we set up in the Black Rock desert.
Neat. Haven't fired a .50 since 3 years before retirement and never fired a civilian .50. This is Tennessee. Will never see a need in this state for that long a shot. Have no idea where Barrett tries out their merchandise. The private range complex I was on Saturday had a range above a draw, set up for 300, 400, 500, and 600 meters. I think the guy said the hillside berm beyond was around 700 but you could not set targets due to elevation and range safety. Agree about outdoor ranges for pistol and of course long guns. A lot to be learned and experience gained from firing in variable conditions of light, temp, breeze and just your clothes depending on weather and season, rather than staying in air conditioned comfort in constant lighting as the target comes and goes at the touch of a button, which is what I am a member of now.

There's no "need" to make long shots, they are a challenge. Pretty much anyone with a modicum of training can hit at 1000. Hitting at 2500 requires real skill.

This guy disagrees:
iu
Miami 1980.
He was. And-?

There's no "need" to make long shots, they are a challenge. Pretty much anyone with a modicum of training can hit at 1000. Hitting at 2500 requires real skill.
Hitting at 2500 require better equipment than I will ever invest in. Mounted on a tank it is fun though! :)

Haha... I understand that you're a fraud, thief of valor, a liar. Ignore me if you're too ashamed to face the truth about you and you admit that you didn't keep your lies straight and you got caught. Hiding in shame is the only possible answer for you.

I'm disappointed. As a pretty new member here, I had started out respecting your posts but now you've been caught in bald-faced and bold-faced lies. But most sociopaths do well at making people think they're great until they get caught in their lies.

So, let's just put this to rest.. The Army has no one-shot-one-kill philosophy in combat training or operations. We need extra rounds to get the job done - LOTS of extra rounds, as I proved in the video I posted before. 30 rounds is hardly enough, not really even enough. I think I'm going to order some of those 40 and 60 round magazines... And at least work hard on my quick magazine change drills.

doesnt change how you train,,,

You're smarter than that. It absolutely changes how you train - unless you're training to act in the next Rambo movie.
I train to make ever shot a kill shot,,,

Your deer isn't shooting back. If it was, you'd know that your hope of a kill shot won't be reality. Training for one-shot-one-kill means they pull the trigger and get up and move on. ..Because they know their shot killed their enemy, right?

You stepped in it with your first post and you're digging deeper and deeper in the shit trying to find any way to defend your mistake instead of just saying, "whoops" or simply letting it drop. It's ok to be wrong. Quit trying so hard to cover it up.

This guy disagrees:
iu

What the hell does that guy know? Private White read a book, ok?

Because tactical experts said what was the right tool for the job. Just like every PD in America that carries ARs or M4s. For a fucking private tank washer, you keep suggesting you know more than every military leader in every branch of service. If you were that smart you'd have a great consulting gig inside the beltway.

Geeze you're a fucking idiot. Who'd be laying down prone to shoot in a riot? That you can follow a video and assemble a bunch of parts into a gun that shoots doesn't give you any credibility. On Ar-15.com I've seen a thousand pictures from 18 year olds who never served but can watch a youtube video. I've built dozens of ARs but, like you, I never served in combat but, unlike you, I served.

I have 5s, 10s, 20s, and 30s. I use the 5s and 10s for bench-rest or sand (lead) bag shooting. They're great for sighting in.

my comment was specific that most training is for one shot one kill,,,doesnt mean everybody succeeds at it,,,

Other than a sniper, who doesn't achieve that, either, that would be stupid training. The training must match reality and possibility. To train for impossibility means that you don't have a plan when reality hits. They don't train for 1 shot 1 kill. It would just be too fucking stupid. They would have to train to take out the target. That means quick follow-on shots. Even in self-defense, it's double-tap or, even better, two to the chest, one to the head.

No one trains for 1 shot 1 kill. The assumption must not be that your shot killed your enemy; it must be that your shot did not kill your enemy and that you need a follow-up shot... and the assumption stays the same until your enemy is actually killed.

Wrong. When dealing with a long shot, you had better damn well train for a 1 shot 1 kill. It's probably all you are going to get. You think like a mortal. Mortals can go out to 660 yds and sometimes out to 800 yds. But when you go out past 880 yds it's a whole new world and it gets very, very complicated. When you fire, two things happen on your end. One, you have the muzzle flash. 2, you have the sonic boom and bang. Both, if seen or heard gives away your position. So you try and minimize those two. But on a long shot, you can't minimize them at all. Only short shots where you use a less powerful subsonic round. But the further out the shot is going to be the more power you are going to need hence the bigger boom, bang and muzzle flash. Smokeless powder isn't smokeless either. If the shot is needed at 1000yds, you aren't going to get 2 shots. You are going to get one. You fire, break it down, move and let your spotter from another location monitor the hit. If something happens on your end, the spotter becomes the hitter. If it all falls apart, you and your spotter pack it in. It's going to be a new day. Snipers train for 1 shot, 1 kill whether it's always possible or not.

Normally, a sniper is only out a few hundred yards, not past 1000 like the movies say. A normal long shot would be 600 yds. The shooter would be using a heavy powder charge with a heavy grained bullet. More like an Elk Load rather than a Deer load. I won't go into the ballistics but he's capable of hitting a 5 inch target 100 out of 100 times. If he is shooting center mass, he is going to hit within that 5 inch circle and blow a hole the size of Rhode Island on the other side. If he is doing a head shot, he's going to blow off half the skull. The longer the shot, the more likely a center mass shot will be taken.

And to a sniper, what the hell is a double tap? It doesn't exist. Each shot is deliberate and planned and not willy nilly like the second part of the double tap. I learned double tap but it was on a sidearm, not a rifle. And there is a reason for the Double Tap. Can you tell me what that is? I don't believe it's covered in any of the Movies you have been watching.

You ignored the opening line of my post that you quoted: Other than a sniper, who doesn't achieve that, either, that would be stupid training.

I've thrown the sniper exception in a few times because I knew there'd be idiots who say, "Yeah, but...." You prove me right.

When defending my home, my family, my property, or my life, in a riot, because my property is 300' x 360', I'm not shooting further than 100 to 120 yards, maybe 150 worst case. And Private White didn't teach one-shot-one-kill.

my comment was specific that most training is for one shot one kill,,,doesnt mean everybody succeeds at it,,,

Other than a sniper, who doesn't achieve that, either, that would be stupid training. The training must match reality and possibility. To train for impossibility means that you don't have a plan when reality hits. They don't train for 1 shot 1 kill. It would just be too fucking stupid. They would have to train to take out the target. That means quick follow-on shots. Even in self-defense, it's double-tap or, even better, two to the chest, one to the head.

No one trains for 1 shot 1 kill. The assumption must not be that your shot killed your enemy; it must be that your shot did not kill your enemy and that you need a follow-up shot... and the assumption stays the same until your enemy is actually killed.

Wrong. When dealing with a long shot, you had better damn well train for a 1 shot 1 kill. It's probably all you are going to get. You think like a mortal. Mortals can go out to 660 yds and sometimes out to 800 yds. But when you go out past 880 yds it's a whole new world and it gets very, very complicated. When you fire, two things happen on your end. One, you have the muzzle flash. 2, you have the sonic boom and bang. Both, if seen or heard gives away your position. So you try and minimize those two. But on a long shot, you can't minimize them at all. Only short shots where you use a less powerful subsonic round. But the further out the shot is going to be the more power you are going to need hence the bigger boom, bang and muzzle flash. Smokeless powder isn't smokeless either. If the shot is needed at 1000yds, you aren't going to get 2 shots. You are going to get one. You fire, break it down, move and let your spotter from another location monitor the hit. If something happens on your end, the spotter becomes the hitter. If it all falls apart, you and your spotter pack it in. It's going to be a new day. Snipers train for 1 shot, 1 kill whether it's always possible or not.

Normally, a sniper is only out a few hundred yards, not past 1000 like the movies say. A normal long shot would be 600 yds. The shooter would be using a heavy powder charge with a heavy grained bullet. More like an Elk Load rather than a Deer load. I won't go into the ballistics but he's capable of hitting a 5 inch target 100 out of 100 times. If he is shooting center mass, he is going to hit within that 5 inch circle and blow a hole the size of Rhode Island on the other side. If he is doing a head shot, he's going to blow off half the skull. The longer the shot, the more likely a center mass shot will be taken.

And to a sniper, what the hell is a double tap? It doesn't exist. Each shot is deliberate and planned and not willy nilly like the second part of the double tap. I learned double tap but it was on a sidearm, not a rifle. And there is a reason for the Double Tap. Can you tell me what that is? I don't believe it's covered in any of the Movies you have been watching.

You ignored the opening line of my post that you quoted: Other than a sniper, who doesn't achieve that, either, that would be stupid training.

I've thrown the sniper exception in a few times because I knew there'd be idiots who say, "Yeah, but...." You prove me right.

When defending my home, my family, my property, or my life, in a riot, because my property is 300' x 360', I'm not shooting further than 100 to 120 yards, maybe 150 worst case. And Private White didn't teach one-shot-one-kill.

Okay, I'll give you that. But I have trouble laying awake at nights worrying about needing all that ammo to defend against a fictitious invading army. I think I might be a little tipped off when they go to gather before the attack. It's a direct tipoff. It's a pretty proven fact, most looters and rioters leave an armed store owner alone when they are prewarned that they are armed. One of the most affective things I have seen is a sign that says, "Forget about the Dog, beware of the Owner" or "This property protected by Smith & Wesson". Another well defensive measure is a loud sounding barking dog even if it's not any bigger than a tea cup.

If you are that worried about marauding bands of murders then I suggest you move to the middle of nowhere. I know where you can buy 5 acres for less than 10,000 bucks where I am pretty sure that there are no "Tribes" that will arm up to steal what you have. Otherwise, it's back to being part of Society.

Haha... I understand that you're a fraud, thief of valor, a liar. Ignore me if you're too ashamed to face the truth about you and you admit that you didn't keep your lies straight and you got caught. Hiding in shame is the only possible answer for you.

I'm disappointed. As a pretty new member here, I had started out respecting your posts but now you've been caught in bald-faced and bold-faced lies. But most sociopaths do well at making people think they're great until they get caught in their lies.

So, let's just put this to rest.. The Army has no one-shot-one-kill philosophy in combat training or operations. We need extra rounds to get the job done - LOTS of extra rounds, as I proved in the video I posted before. 30 rounds is hardly enough, not really even enough. I think I'm going to order some of those 40 and 60 round magazines... And at least work hard on my quick magazine change drills.

Offset magazines duct-taped together. ;) Increases the length a little, but..

Seriously, unless you have a bull barrel on your AR, there needs to be time in between shots to retain accuracy.
I get a whopping 2 shots off with my .06 and then it has to cool for 1 minute. (in order to keep point of impact the same)

Seriously, unless you have a bull barrel on your AR, there needs to be time in between shots to retain accuracy.
I get a whopping 2 shots off with my .06 and then it has to cool for 1 minute. (in order to keep point of impact the same)

Damn, I actually agree with something you just said. I think I felt the earth tremble a bit trying to come to a dead stop. Or is it that the real Marion has been kidnapped and held for torture (we can hope). Okay who are you and what have you done with the real Marion?

I have 5s, 10s, 20s, and 30s. I use the 5s and 10s for bench-rest or sand (lead) bag shooting. They're great for sighting in.

Yes, I use 5 round mags for my G3 for the same purpose. The 7.62 mags are too large for bench shooting.

Modern barrel can take a lot of punishment before they start to have a wandering issue. I can shoot multiple rapid fire strings through my AR's before they start to lose accuracy.

Like 500 rounds expended, in a hurry, before there is a problem.

Forum List

Back