Final Predictions for the 2018 Mid Terms From the Experts.

WelfareQueen

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2013
Uranus
Okay....the final polls are mostly in and the pundits have spoken. Here is what they are saying.

Larry Sabato: GOP keeps the Senate and gains one seat. Final tally 52-48 GOP. In the House the Dems take control and gain a net 34 seats.

Larry J. Sabato's Crystal Ball » Final picks for 2018

Nate Silver: He says there is an 83.6% chance the GOP retains control of the Senate. He states the GOP gains one seat and the final tally is 52-48. In the House Nate is saying there is an 87.1% chance of the Dems winning the House. His final tally is 234-201 with the Dems picking up 36 seats.

2018 Senate Forecast

Nate says the Dems will have at least a 5.6% turn out advantage. If this is true that would be a major wave election. For example, in the 2014 mid terms the GOP had a 4.5% turn out advantage and crushed the Dems.

Personally I do not trust the polls. I think this election cycle is much closer than the polling indicates. I do not think this will be a wave election. The GOP retains control of the Senate and picks up at least two seats. In the House....flip a coin. 50-50 for both the GOP and Dems. We'll all see how it goes.

Now if you're brave...post your prediction here. :D

Sherry

Sorry. Gotta laugh.

I think the Reps will hang on the House and the Senate was never in jeopardy.

Tomorrow will tell the tale.

OMG 2016 redux, IMHO it will be a 1-seat majority in the House one way or the other. The weather will be a factor tomorrow. The Senate stays GOP 55-45

Last edited:
Keep in mind the last two election cycles (2014 and 2016) the polls were terrible and also happened to be uniformly heavily biased against the GOP.

For example: Hilliary according to the polling was supposed to comfortably win Pennsylvania by 3.7 points. She lost by 1.2 points.

Ohio, Michigan, and Wisconsin were all off by between 6-7 points. That is a massive polling error. Florida was off by 2.7 points. And again...all heavily biased against Trump and the GOP.

I do not believe the polls. I think this cycle is much closer than the polling indicates. Now, I could certainly be wrong, and if I am, I will be the first to admit it. But I think the polls for the most part are crap.

All I have to do is remember the 2016 election when every pundant, poll and talking head was telling all of us the Hitlery was the next POTUS and the Trump didn't stand a chance.

We all saw how that turned out.

Polls just aren't believable.

Last edited:
My PREDICTION:

I will be voting a straight Democrat ticket.

I have NEVER voted a straight ticket for any party but this time things are different.

I give FULL CREDIT to Sir Jack Ass Trump.

My PREDICTION:

I have NEVER voted a straight ticket for any party but this time things are different.

I voted straight Republican ticket and haven't done that in awhile.
Full credit to the TDS crowd and the accomplishments of Trump.
MAGA

My PREDICTION:

That's nice. So do you think the "experts" are right? What is your election prediction?

Okay....the final polls are mostly in and the pundits have spoken. Here is what they are saying.

Larry Sabato: GOP keeps the Senate and gains one seat. Final tally 52-48 GOP. In the House the Dems take control and gain a net 34 seats.

Larry J. Sabato's Crystal Ball » Final picks for 2018

Nate Silver: He says there is an 83.6% chance the GOP retains control of the Senate. He states the GOP gains one seat and the final tally is 52-48. In the House Nate is saying there is an 87.1% chance of the Dems winning the House. His final tally is 234-201 with the Dems picking up 36 seats.

2018 Senate Forecast

Nate says the Dems will have at least a 5.6% turn out advantage. If this is true that would be a major wave election. For example, in the 2014 mid terms the GOP had a 4.5% turn out advantage and crushed the Dems.

Personally I do not trust the polls. I think this election cycle is much closer than the polling indicates. I do not think this will be a wave election. The GOP retains control of the Senate and picks up at least two seats. In the House....flip a coin. 50-50 for both the GOP and Dems. We'll all see how it goes.

Now if you're brave...post your prediction here. :D

Sherry

Never believe the media polls. Ever. Hillary by a landslide.

My PREDICTION:

That's nice. So do you think the "experts" are right? What is your election prediction?
Dems eek out the House, but no blue wave and Pubs gain in the Senate.
Gridlock for two years

My PREDICTION:

I voted straight GOP ticket. As always.

My PREDICTION:

Then It's great that my vote canceled you out and my wifes put us one up!

GOP gains in House and Senate. Democrats declare the voting system a failure and mass in the streets.

I predict that the races will be so close in some places that it is days before we know the outcome of the Senate race.

But.....but...........but..............Putin.

I thought he ran elections in the US.

Forum List

Back