Femto camera experiment says space is the medium for light

Without looking, I'd say it means elemental carbon likes remaining solid or crystalline. Whereas gases like O2 and CO2 prefer flapping their wings. Carbon rarely reaches 3000 degrees on Earth's surface because it reacts spontaneously (combusts) with any available O2 long before the temperature can get that high.
Carbon is black in appearance. I have this theory that color of a substance is the glow of darkness from the nucleus through the electron. If carbon has weak energy in its electron shell perhaps it is resistant for some reason to obtaining the temperatures needed in its shell for repulsion and is the same reason its black in color.

Periodic table with element colors

Carbon's boiling point is 4827, berylium at 4 is 2970. boron at 5 is 2550, lithium at 3 is 1347, The elements that are bright white have the lower boiling point's in the range of negative 200F.

The most common white paint pigment, titanium dioxide, boils at 5,382°F.
Well carbon dioxide has a boiling point of -109.3 F and is colourless except in dry ice form when its white. Whatever feature about carbon that causes its boiling point to be so high is totally lost when it bonds with two oxygen. Meanwhile the two oxygen in titanium dioxide have no influence over the boiling point. The color of molecules is more complicated then of the pure elements. I think carbon is the darkest element because of its weight times its boiling point.
I'm sorry I was saying those earlier numbers in C not F. Carbon has a melting point of 8712 F.

Well carbon dioxide has a boiling point of -109.3 F and is colourless except in dry ice form when its white.
Actually, dry ice is also colorless and sublimates at -109.3°F. It has no liquid phase at normal, atmospheric, Earth surface pressure. Pressure must be added to liquify it before it can boil.
Whatever feature about carbon that causes its boiling point to be so high is totally lost when it bonds with two oxygen.
Not surprising considering the linearly(nonpolar), sandwiched carbon atom is smaller and lighter than either double bonded oxygen atom alone. Much more gas than solid, though it can be compressed into denser forms of dry ice at low temps.
Meanwhile the two oxygen in titanium dioxide have no influence over the boiling point.
Elemental titanium is charcoal grey, liquifies(melts) at 3,034°F, and boils at 5,949°F.
Titanium dioxide is white, melts at 3,349°F, and boils at 5,382°F.
The two oxygens clearly still have an influence.

Unlike CO2,.. TO2 is normally a crystalline solid with both covalent and ionic bonding. It can be described as:
composed of a barium cation and a sulfate anion. The sulfur is attached to four oxygen atoms. TiO2 is a sulfate salt of barium
I think carbon is the darkest element because of its weight times its boiling point.
That's a theory.
Carbon has a melting point of 8712 F.
Like CO2, carbon doesn't boil at standard pressure. It sublimes at 6588 °F. You can liquify it by putting it into an awesome pressure cooker then it may boil at 8712 °F. Lot's of great reading about carbon here:

Elemental titanium is charcoal grey, liquifies(melts) at 3,034°F, and boils at 5,949°F.
Titanium dioxide is white, melts at 3,349°F, and boils at 5,382°F.
The two oxygens clearly still have an influence.
right
Not surprising considering the linearly(nonpolar), sandwiched carbon atom is smaller and lighter than either double bonded oxygen atom alone. Much more gas than solid, though it can be compressed into denser forms of dry ice at low temps.
I'm still thinking that carbon has a smaller electron shell that has to be filled with high temperatures before it repels. What else could it be? If electron shells can vary in size it might be because of the density exerted on the nucleus by the nuclei without the nucleus deforming.

I bet carbon builds strong structures with itself because it is 6 sided in the nucleus. That would cover all 6 spatial directions evenly. as such it the only atom to do this and lines up with other carbon atoms in puzzles that are hard to break apart.

Last edited:
right

I'm still thinking that carbon has a smaller electron shell that has to be filled with high temperatures before it repels. What else could it be? If electron shells can vary in size it might be because of the density exerted on the nucleus by the nuclei without the nucleus deforming.

I bet carbon builds strong structures with itself because it is 6 sided in the nucleus. That would cover all 6 spatial directions evenly. as such it the only atom to do this and lines up with other carbon atoms in puzzles that are hard to break apart.
I can agree with the last part for the C12 isotope.

That's over ten years old now, but still cool looking. See any "electrons"? Me neither. Muons, leptons, gluons, quarks..? No? How about protons or neutrons? Protons evidently decay spontaneously into neutrons as required for balance, but can neutrons become protons again? Experimental physicists again say "Yes."
One type (the kind that happens in nuclear reactors) is when a neutron turns into a proton. Protons and neutrons consist of fundamental particles called quarks. A down quark within the neutron transforms into an up quark, changing the neutron into a proton (and changing the atomic element as a result). The laws of physics require that a few different properties be conserved, so the process also releases an electron and an electron antineutrino.
As I said, the reverse happens spontaneously and rather quickly at STP. So reverting to being a proton cannot normally be a favored process. It can only occur unnaturally in the vicinity of a nuclear fission reaction which supplies additional radiated energy or a "beta particle" smashing into our otherwise content neutron.

Back to the article:
The greater electron density in bonds of higher bond order led to a stronger Pauli repulsion, which enhanced the brightness of these bonds in high-resolution AFM images.
They found, amazingly enough, that like tends to repel like, in other words.. But they can't just say that! No, the self-aggrandizing BS just gets deeper the further one ventures down such rabbit holes..

Models can easily be written to arrive at the conclusion wanted.

I guess it needs not a big of power of imagination to understand that light is able to be where space is and light is not able to be where no space is. But it is impossible to imagine "no space". Try it. Imagine something what has no curves and/or edges.

Here's the simulation:

:end of simulation.

Last edited:
So what do you imagine the 'aether' is made of?

Waves (no concrete coordinates) are transported from water. Light as a wave is transported from light as a particle. No aether. And whatever "transport" means in this context: it is a change of energy in space and time - "transport" needs spacetime.

Last edited:
Light is weird...it sometimes acts as a wave, and sometimes as a particle.
Sometimes we measure a wave - sometimes we measure a particle. Never we measure a particle-wave. But if space and time are somehow "the same" (Minkowski space) spacetime - why should a particle-wave not also be "the same"? As well a wave and a particle are forms of energy.

Looking for Answers, Nobody Asks Questions Afterwards

Space is a substance. Its friction slows light down to c. Also, 186,000 miles a second must be the answer to some formula. But no one asks what that number is a result of.

One moment ...

... one more moment ... hope you had not to wait too long ...

Got it:

a) Plank length: 1.616255(18)×10−35 m
b) Plank time: 5.391247(60)×10−44 s

a / b = 1.61625518e-35 m / 5.39124760e-44 s =
= 299,792,422.81508272779013154580398 m/s

c) Light speed: 299.792.458 m/s

Difference: -35.1849... m/s

There is no explanation to time dilation.

Mass is the same "feeling" like acceleration. Mass bends (stretches) the spacetime. The energy someone needs to accelerate a mass increases this mass so it stretches the spacetime more and more (seen from a more far low speed distance).

Last edited:
The Earth also creates heat. I don't know, but I expect the gravity pressure at Earth's core is enough to keep a low level of fusion going. The heat then radiates and cools on its way to the surface. I guess the gas giants behave similarly but would ask a geologist and a cosmologist.

Nuclear power. I heard radioactivity delivers about 50% of the warmth of our planet.

I like how its black around what looks like an orange nucleus to each atom. The green is maybe the 'electricity' that was recently discovered. Neat so it looks like the electric shell of each atom is 6 sided for carbon at 6. I wonder if the shell for each element is similar.
The phys.org article mentions imaging
the bond order and length of individual carboncarbon bonds in C60, also known as a buckyball for its football shape and two planar polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), which resemble small flakes of graphene.
yada, yada
The individual bonds between carbon atoms in such molecules differ subtly in their length and strength. All the important chemical, electronic, and optical properties of such molecules are related to the differences of bonds in the polyaromatic systems. Now, for the first time, these differences were detected for both individual molecules and bonds.

Buckyball -- "football shape" from above, i.e. shaped exactly like a soccer ball.
PAHS -- "two planar polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons" resemble layered graphene

The context makes plain that the latter (two PAHS) are really what's shown in the image (and the video animation). The PAHS are not strictly planar, like layers of graphene, but apparently close enough for government work to study them as if the were. They float on the surface of a liquid (likely distilled water, but whatever) until one slides on top of the other. Then they snap a picture, purportedly to study bond strengths.

Anyways. Point being, we're seeing no atoms, nuclei, or bonds. We see modulation and backlighting tricks that make the hexagonal shapes stand out in stark contrast to the rest.. of the aromatic molecules. No "orange nucleus to each atom" -- Probably orangish light filtering through the empty center of each aromatic ring.

Last edited:
The phys.org article mentions imaging

yada, yada

Buckyball -- "football shape" from above, i.e. shaped exactly like a soccer ball.
PAHS -- "two planar polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons" resemble layered graphene

The context makes plain that the latter (two PAHS) are really what's shown in the image (and the video animation). The PAHS are not strictly planar, like layers of graphene, but apparently close enough for government work to study them as if the were. They float on the surface of a liquid (likely distilled water, but whatever) until one slides on top of the other. Then they snap a picture, purportedly to study bond strengths.

Anyways. Point being, we're seeing no atoms, nuclei, or bonds. We see modulation and backlighting tricks that make the hexagonal shapes stand out in stark contrast to the rest.. of the aromatic molecules. No "orange nucleus to each atom" -- Probably orangish light filtering through the empty center of each aromatic ring.
I thought individual atoms were making up a molecule? I figured that wasn't the true color scheme. My point about the center being orange and hot is it isn't radiating along space the same as the other colors.

Forum List

Back