Feel good SCOTUS story of the day

BackAgain

Neutronium Member & truth speaker #StopBrandon
Nov 11, 2021
Now a resident of a Red state! Hallelujah!
TRUMPCourt
Elections have consequences. Perhaps if Congress had provided the court a reason for wanting to see Trumps tax returns other than for a partisan fishing expedition they might have ruled the other way. You might also take a moment to consider that this ruling also keeps Republicans from doing the same thing to Biden when they most likely take at least the House in next Tuesday midterms.

This is not the end of the matter, although if it can be delayed until after the mid-terms, that could be sufficient to kill it for the foreseeable future.

To recall what this is all about. The IRS has everyone's tax returns. Congress cannot just demand to see a copy of someone's tax return out of pure nebbiness (is that a word outside Pittsburgh?). The only reason why Congress can snag an individual's tax returns is if Congress can make a plausible argument that THAT PERSON's return can provide valuable insights for Congress on tax policy, so that the tax laws might be changed for the better.

In Trump's case, this is purely bullshit. They want his returns so that they can mine them for information that could be used to embarrass him (as when BillClinton took a tax deduction for donating his used boxer shorts to charity). They are also keen to leak them to the NYT and other biased rags.

All in all, this is a good thing. Congress should not be doing stuff like this. Democrats are evil.

This is not the end of the matter, although if it can be delayed until after the mid-terms, that could be sufficient to kill it for the foreseeable future.

To recall what this is all about. The IRS has everyone's tax returns. Congress cannot just demand to see a copy of someone's tax return out of pure nebbiness (is that a word outside Pittsburgh?). The only reason why Congress can snag an individual's tax returns is if Congress can make a plausible argument that THAT PERSON's return can provide valuable insights for Congress on tax policy, so that the tax laws might be changed for the better.

In Trump's case, this is purely bullshit. They want his returns so that they can mine them for information that could be used to embarrass him (as when BillClinton took a tax deduction for donating his used boxer shorts to charity). They are also keen to leak them to the NYT and other biased rags.

All in all, this is a good thing. Congress should not be doing stuff like this. Democrats are evil.
Yes.

😎

I said that a while back. I feel right. I feel vindicated. And I feel happy that our board liberals will be all upset over a touch of Constitutional valid and proper legal analysis.

God Bless the Honorable Court.

There is nothing constitutional about this. Apparently the rule of law means nothing. The Supreme Court is corrupt.

Elections have consequences. Perhaps if Congress had provided the court a reason for wanting to see Trumps tax returns other than for a partisan fishing expedition they might have ruled the other way. You might also take a moment to consider that this ruling also keeps Republicans from doing the same thing to Biden when they most likely take at least the House in next Tuesday midterms.

The Congress does not have to provide a explanation. They have oversight responsibilities so that gives them the right. Interesting that you have no issues with Republicans harassing Hunter Biden who is a private citizen. Biden releases his tax returns as President.

The Congress does not have to provide a explanation. They have oversight responsibilities so that gives them the right. Interesting that you have no issues with Republicans harassing Hunter Biden who is a private citizen. Biden releases his tax returns as President.
Hunter Biden is private citizen who got sweetheart overseas deals and on boards of directors while his father was on boards and committees that dealt with theses countries. Rather odd given Hunter is better known for his drug use and sexual exploits with strippers and call girls than his business expertise. Surely you have no problem with oversight on this unless you think that only matters when the name is Trump.

Wrong. Congress has broad ability to act and investigate. But it has to be in connection with its Constitutional purposes.

If it were Clinton's taxes Roberts would do the same thing because its the right thing to do... libs will need to be prosecuted in order to stop this 6 fucking year long witch hunt on our president....

Right on schedule!

Ignorant as shit as always, but leftwhiner’s myopic view of everything is like Old Faithful.
Just read what he/she/it wrote directly beneath his/her/its avatar. What a sad little life. He/she/it thinks winning an award from a message board for tapping out 250K messages is akin to winning a Nobel prize.

Just read what he/she/it wrote directly beneath his/her/its avatar. What a sad little life. He/she/it thinks winning an award from a message board for tapping out 250K messages is akin to winning a Nobel prize.
I don’t take Leftwhiner seriously.

Why should I be the one?

Forum List

Back