Feds and Militias stand off over cattle seizures.

landgrab.jpg

Now it's coming out that 'Dirty' Harry Reid is involved. Looks like him and the Chinese Government are making a Land Grab. Not surprising though, Harry Reid is well known for his corruption and shady real estate deals.

Good, then burn Reid for his corruption. But to say a rancher is allowed to not pay the grazing fees (he agrees he owes $300k in back fees) is nonsense.

I don't like the traffic laws, and my grandfather was driving wagons and then trucks since the early 1900s. Can I just start ignoring traffic laws now?

This boils down to who decides who gets to use public lands. You want it to be a rancher? Fine, get a bill written and passed to change the rules.

You complained that "Might makes right". Isn't that exactly what the rancher and his calls for a range war are doing? They want to ignore the standing laws by threatening violence and hoping the feds won't want the bad publicity.

Yes yes, we get it already. You're a loyal Big Brother Bootlicker. We hear ya loud & clear. SHEESH!

you literally have nothing but fear as an argument.

» BLM Feds: Do As We Say, Not As We Do Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

The BLM’s justification for its armed siege against the Bundy family – protecting an endangered desert tortoise by removing Bundy’s cattle – is patently meaningless given that the federal agency has completely failed to remove some 2,000 wild horses that are competing for sparse forage and water sources in the same area.

The BLM’s own land management rules state that no more than 300 wild horses can live in the area, leaving some 1700 surplus animals that the feds have failed to round up, but this didn’t stop them from launching a $3 million dollar program to instead confiscate Bundy’s cattle this past weekend.

The wild horses are breaking the BLM laws...............Have they arrested the wild horses yet.

Pick and choose your laws in the Federal system. Ignore the laws and regulations as it suits you.

It's good to be the king.

Remember folks, Big Brother always knows what's best for ya. And if you say different, you're a 'Crazy America-Hating, Child-Hating, Puppy-Hating Terrorist.' Have a nice day. ;)

And this would be an example of the ridiculous conservative.

Actually sounded pretty much like the stereotypical liberal /democrat / progressive view of the conservative as witnessed by personal observations of this exact forum.

You know it is true, why would you try to character assassinate him?? Do you not have any intelligent thoughts to impart upon us??

Did you just need the post count??

Why are those for the Gov't on this thread not rushing out to save the turtles.................

Why aren't you adopting one of these turtle's to save their lives.....................

The BLM is here to protect them aren't they. Which is why they seized the land from the State in the 90's...............And now they plan on killing the turtles as they justify the removal and killing of cattle to save their lives.

Why don't you guys want to talk about the bottom line on this issue...................It's always been about saving the turtles right......................

Of course it's about us crazies who believe in State Rights and limiting the Federal Powers that bother's you guys on this issue.

You mean those turtles they relocated to a sanctuary and just killed a 1000 of them because of over population ???

Yeah that's the issue, right ....ROFLMFAO

You mean those turtles they relocated to a sanctuary and just killed a 1000 of them because of over population ???

I understand what you are trying to say...........But you refuse to see the forest for the trees............................

It's hypocritical to take land to safe an animal, which was their justification for taking the land from the state in the 90's, and then kill the very animals you have vowed to protect......................

They don't want the cattle their because of the turtles. To protect them.

Yet they don't follow their own rules on the wild horses...........Do they get to decide what laws to enforce and not enforce........................Do they decide that they are above the laws when they choose to ignore them...................

Their decisions and regs drove all the cattle farmers out but one. This has been a 20 year battle...............It didn't just start yesterday................It escalated as the last man standing dared to CHALLENGE the FED again on their position on land his family had been using for over a CENTURY.......................

He also claims the million dollars they claim he owes should only be about 300k..........Secondly, they say he owes them money and had he paid it, they wouldn't be doing ANYTHING.......................

So, HAD HE PAID, he could keep his cattle there and THEY WOULD AGAIN IGNORE their OWN LAWS................

You don't see the irony in this....................

You have got to be kidding me.

Now it's coming out that 'Dirty' Harry Reid is involved. Looks like him and the Chinese Government are making a Land Grab. Not surprising though, Harry Reid is well known for his corruption and shady real estate deals.

there is no land to grab you moron. jesus how stupid are you people? Seriously? how stupid are you? i have to know this. Thread after thread, post after post telling you this isnt whats happening and you continue on as if its a legit 100% accurate story. its utterly amazing how gullible you people are.

It has to all be true. Alex Jones told him so.

there is no land to grab you moron. jesus how stupid are you people? Seriously? how stupid are you? i have to know this. Thread after thread, post after post telling you this isnt whats happening and you continue on as if its a legit 100% accurate story. its utterly amazing how gullible you people are.

It has to all be true. Alex Jones told him so.

false flag!

I understand what you are trying to say...........But you refuse to see the forest for the trees............................

It's hypocritical to take land to safe an animal, which was their justification for taking the land from the state in the 90's, and then kill the very animals you have vowed to protect......................

Yet they don't follow their own rules on the wild horses...........Do they get to decide what laws to enforce and not enforce........................Do they decide that they are above the laws when they choose to ignore them...................

Their decisions and regs drove all the cattle farmers out but one. This has been a 20 year battle...............It didn't just start yesterday................It escalated as the last man standing dared to CHALLENGE the FED again on their position on land his family had been using for over a CENTURY.......................

He also claims the million dollars they claim he owes should only be about 300k..........Secondly, they say he owes them money and had he paid it, they wouldn't be doing ANYTHING.......................

So, HAD HE PAID, he could keep his cattle there and THEY WOULD AGAIN IGNORE their OWN LAWS................

Comprehension a big issue , huh??

I was being sarcastic, actually pointing out the irony you are so clueless to see.

Ease up on the caffeine, knock you off a little piece or just take a chill pill, it was all above your pay grade....

Comprehension a big issue , huh??

I was being sarcastic, actually pointing out the irony you are so clueless to see.

Ease up on the caffeine, knock you off a little piece or just take a chill pill, it was all above your pay grade....

I understand irony, and most of my posts are about the irony of the situation.

As far as doing as you demand.

long walk off short bridge............

Remember folks, Big Brother always knows what's best for ya. And if you say different, you're a 'Crazy America-Hating, Child-Hating, Puppy-Hating Terrorist.' Have a nice day. ;)

And this would be an example of the ridiculous conservative.

Actually sounded pretty much like the stereotypical liberal /democrat / progressive view of the conservative as witnessed by personal observations of this exact forum.

You know it is true, why would you try to character assassinate him?? Do you not have any intelligent thoughts to impart upon us??

Did you just need the post count??

you havent been here long enough....this is nothing compared to some of the other shit Jones has posted......and when you question what he says,you will be lucky to get a reply....thats why i call him....No_Reply_Jones.....

OK--I'm confused

Does he own the land or not? Also, I didn't read anything about cattle seizures.
If there are cattle seizures on this mans property, then I would say the FEDs are unjust.

On the other hand, if cattle is grazing on federal property and the government told the rancher to cease and desist, then what is the issue here.

Besides that--I think the Feds rough handling the family is a bit excessive for an agent getting "Kicked" by a protester. I mean really, are we talking about police officers backed by the federal government or a bunch of pu###ies?

you have been saying they are killing these Turtles YET you have not shown us anything proving this.....all the stuff im seeing on this i havent seen that even mentioned....and i am sure the Animal people like PETA would be all over it.....

Federal Cattle Seizures Spark Clashes in West
Ranchers Say Roundup in Southern Nevada Is Regulatory Overreach

By
Erica E. Phillips
Updated April 10, 2014 8:23 p.m. ET

Protesters angry over the government's seizure of cattle it says were illegally grazing on federal land in southern Nevada clashed with law enforcement this week over what they see as regulatory overreach.

Federal officials described a melee that occurred between law-enforcement officials and people protesting the actions of the Bureau of Land Management and the National Park Service Wednesday as a scene in which "peaceful protests have crossed into illegal activity."

One protester drove an all-terrain vehicle into a BLM truck, the agencies said, and others surrounded the truck. Law-enforcement officials stepped in, and one protester was shot with a stun gun, according to a joint statement from the agencies.

The fracas reflects a long-simmering hostility not just in Nevada but across the West toward federal land regulations that many ranchers and residents feel are detrimental to their way of life.

The Nevada conflict, centered northeast of Las Vegas, involves rancher Cliven Bundy. Mr. Bundy's dispute with the Department of the Interior's Bureau of Land Management and National Park Service dates back 20 years, when the agencies first alleged he was illegally grazing his cattle on federal lands in and around the Lake Mead National Recreational Area.

In 1998, Mr. Bundy was ordered to remove his livestock and pay damages for trespassing, but lawyers for the U.S. government say he never complied and has instead moved his cattle farther onto the public lands they administer. A second court order, issued last July, also went unheeded, according to the BLM. Attempts to reach Mr. Bundy were unsuccessful Thursday.

Beginning last Saturday, the federal agencies took up the task of removing the cattle themselves. In a statement, they said the operation would require them to shut down roads and some public lands, though they would attempt "to minimize the impacts on visitors and public land users."

Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval and Sen. Dean Heller, both Republicans, have both expressed disappointment with the way the roundup has been handled. Mr. Heller said Wednesday he was "extremely concerned" about the extent of the closures, particularly the restriction of access to roads in the area.

Mr. Sandoval cautioned protestors at the site to "act with restraint," adding: "Although tensions remain high, escalation of current events could have negative, long lasting consequences that can be avoided."

The episode echoes the so-called Sagebrush Rebellion, which pitted some Westerners against the federal government years ago as state and local officials attempted to wrest some control of the region's vast public lands. The acrimony was particularly severe under the Clinton administration, which placed curbs on traditional Western activities such as logging and mining on federal lands.

Ron Torell, president of the Nevada Cattlemen's Association, said his group "works hard to change regulations detrimental to the sound management of public lands in a lawful manner."

Mr. Torell said Mr. Bundy isn't a member of the association, and his group "does not feel it is in our best interest to interfere in the process of adjudication in this matter."

—Jim Carlton

Haven't heard huh??

Before Nevada Cattle Rancher Standoff, BLM Killed Off Hundreds of Endangered Tortoises

The Alex Jones Channel Alex Jones Show podcast Prison Planet TV Infowars.com Twitter Alex Jones' Facebook Infowars store

Endangered tortoise used as justification to assault Nevada rancher’s property rights

Adan Salazar
Infowars.com
April 9, 2014

Months before the heated contention between the Bureau of Land Management and Nevada cattle rancher Cliven Bundy, purportedly over protecting an endangered species of desert tortoise, the BLM was euthanizing the tortoises in droves.

700 - 840 sick tortoises may be euthanized "because that’s the sensible thing to do."

700 – 840 endangered tortoises face BLM euthanization “because that’s the sensible thing to do.”
On Saturday, the BLM, with the help of helicopters, low-flying aircraft and hired cowboys, began rounding up Bundy’s cattle, and forbade him from interfering with the operation, as Bundy announced he was prepared to weather a full-on assault.

“My forefathers have been up and down the Virgin Valley ever since 1877. All these rights I claim have been created through pre-emptive rights and beneficial use of the forage and water. I have been here longer. My rights are before the BLM even existed,” Bundy said.

The BLM says they’re moving in, not to encroach on the man’s property rights, but because Bundy didn’t pay “grazing fees,” which the Bureau has imposed on land developers “who disturb tortoise habitat on public land,” according to the Associated Press.

Throughout the housing boom in the 2000s, the Bureau was earning enough to fund the Desert Tortoise Conservation Center (DTCC) in southern Las Vegas, a habitat “created in 1991 to house wild desert tortoises removed from the path of development and to use those tortoises to aid recovery of the species.” Its operating budget was about $1 million per year.

But the recession that followed dwindled the number of developers, and in turn funds for the DTCC.

So, facing the prospect of shutting their doors, the DTCC began releasing healthier turtles into the wild, and euthanizing some of the sick ones.

From the AP, August 25, 2013:

Back at the conservation center, a large refrigerator labeled “carcass freezer” hummed in the desert sun as scientists examined the facility’s 1,400 inhabitants to find those hearty enough to release into the wild. Officials expect to euthanize more than half the animals in the coming months in preparation for closure at the end of 2014.

“It’s the lesser of two evils, but it’s still evil,” Roy Averill-Murray, tortoise recovery coordinator with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service desert, told the AP.

Averill-Murray estimated 50 to 60 percent of the facility’s 1,400 tortoises were stricken with disease and could not be housed near healthy tortoises. Others were “too feeble to survive,” according to the AP, and could not be adopted out.

“The ones that don’t get better and that are sick and suffering will probably be euthanized because that’s the sensible thing to do,” Allyson Walsh, associate director for the San Diego Zoo’s Institute for Conservation Research, said.

News that the tortoises were going to be set free or killed spurred people around the world to contact the refuge in attempts to adopt death row tortoises, and donations began flowing in hopes to keep the DTCC afloat, but the BLM estimated it wouldn’t be enough to sustain it overall.

“Although it’s wonderful that people want to give money, it won’t change the outcome for the Desert Conservation Center,” BLM Communications Chief Erica Haspiel-Szlosek stated. “There just isn’t money to keep it going, nor is it really the best use of conservation funds.”

The tortoises’ average 100-year life span also doesn’t exactly make them the most ideal pets.

Despite the imminent closing of the DTCC’s doors due to lack of funding, the BLM has gone on to round up about 234 of rancher Cliven Bundy’s cattle at gunpoint claiming they’re helping protect the tortoise and also claiming he owes them over $1 million in grazing fees.

At the same time, seizing and impounding all 908 of Bundy’s cattle would cost the government an estimated $3 million, a figure that would keep the DTCC thriving for another three years.

Interestingly, the BLM is also facing a lawsuit from various environmental groups suing on the grounds that the bureau “has failed to track the effects of a wide range of human activities in the California desert on the tortoise..”

All of this illustrates how the BLM’s dispute with Mr. Bundy has nothing to do with saving or protecting tortoises (most of which were given to the facility by people who owned them as pets, and which the BLM is either killing or releasing into the wild – animals raised in captivity don’t usually fare well in the wild) as they claim, and everything to do with making an example out of Mr. Bundy for having the gall to stand up for his property, bullying him into submission by brute force.

Damn folks , ever heard of Google??

OK--I'm confused

Does he own the land or not? Also, I didn't read anything about cattle seizures.
If there are cattle seizures on this mans property, then I would say the FEDs are unjust.

On the other hand, if cattle is grazing on federal property and the government told the rancher to cease and desist, then what is the issue here.

Besides that--I think the Feds rough handling the family is a bit excessive for an agent getting "Kicked" by a protester. I mean really, are we talking about police officers backed by the federal government or a bunch of pu###ies?

He NOT own the land. As for the kicking, I know one of the protestors kicked a police dog. That shows a level of animosity that should NOT be tolerated.

The idea that armed resistance is valid form of protest is ridiculous.

In the last 50+ years, has armed resistance accomplished anything?

My family was involved in the Selma march and in the protests against George Wallace's stand against black students attending the Univ of Alabama.

Those protests accomplished something.

Forum List

Back