Federal Land Entry Fees Waved for Veterans and Gold Star Families

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
This is Big News.

The NPS and the Department of the Interior has waved entrance fees for Veterans and Gold Star families...FOREVER!

The edict applies to:

The program waives National Park Service entrance fees. It also waives entrance or standard amenity fees for other participating Department of the Interior agencies, the U.S. Forest Service and the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers:

So, from what I understand, the entry fees are waived but if you want to use the boat ramp or reserve a camping spot or trailer hook up...a fee still applies.

---------

Just to put this in perspective....my recent trip to Yellowstone was supposed to cost me $35.00. I drove through the West Yellowstone entrance at 4:30 in the morning and it was free. 200 yards into the park...a 2,000 pound bison was standing in the middle of the road and looked at me like "what the hell do you want". A little further in down Firehole Canyon Drive, you can see about 800 geysers like the one pictured below (no...it isn't Old Faithful)

1605071954227.png

1605072040004.png

Bryce Canyon...Utah:

1605072153023.png

Mt. Rushmore National Monument:

1605072233592.png

All free to Veterans as of this moment.

This is Big News.

The NPS and the Department of the Interior has waved entrance fees for Veterans and Gold Star families...FOREVER!

The edict applies to:

The program waives National Park Service entrance fees. It also waives entrance or standard amenity fees for other participating Department of the Interior agencies, the U.S. Forest Service and the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers:

So, from what I understand, the entry fees are waived but if you want to use the boat ramp or reserve a camping spot or trailer hook up...a fee still applies.

---------

Just to put this in perspective....my recent trip to Yellowstone was supposed to cost me $35.00. I drove through the West Yellowstone entrance at 4:30 in the morning and it was free. 200 yards into the park...a 2,000 pound bison was standing in the middle of the road and looked at me like "what the hell do you want". A little further in down Firehole Canyon Drive, you can see about 800 geysers like the one pictured below (no...it isn't Old Faithful)

View attachment 414547

View attachment 414549

Bryce Canyon...Utah:

View attachment 414550

Mt. Rushmore National Monument:

View attachment 414551

All free to Veterans as of this moment.

How about we make this a sticky thread in Military for awhile??

Good move. Doesn't affect me but wife and I back in 2017 got over to a nearby Tonto National Forest office to get a $20 lifetime National Park Senior Pass just before the price was jacked up to $80.

If anyone is heading out to Yosemite, Glacier, Rocky Mountain or Acadia National Parks this summer, there is a ticketed entry system that is designed to limit the number of daily visitors to roughly 15-20 thousand or so it seems.

As far as I know Federal Land belongs to U.S. citizens. They should only charge foreign tourists and non citizens for entry.

It is called "Maintenance fees".

It costs money to keep them operating, and what do we do. Charge everybody, or those that actually use the services?

Of you want free, go to a National Forest. Those do not charge. But if you go to a National Park, just deal with it.

Freaking whiners of the "Free Generation".

Forum List

Back