Federal Highway Funding

The price of Asphalt has gone through the roof from all the deficit spending by the people who want to starve the government beast.

Asphalt_vs_Concrete_9-2012.jpg

privatizing roadways will result in higher costs for the middle class?

actually they are trying to privatize everything in China now to lower costs for everyone. It has worked so well they have eliminated 40% of world poverty. Its been in all the papers!! What planet have you been on.

No they are not.

Have you even been to China?

privatizing roadways will result in higher costs for the middle class?

actually they are trying to privatize everything in China now to lower costs for everyone. It has worked so well they have eliminated 40% of world poverty. Its been in all the papers!! What planet have you been on.

No they are not.

Have you even been to China?

We've all been to Wal Mart and know they are now the manufacturing capital of the world!!

If you don't want to pay taxes to maintain the roads. Can you kindly stay the fuck off of them? You will be nothing more than a slacker!

we figure roads are about 5 times more expensive than they should be because they are managed by lib govt monopoly

If you don't want to pay taxes to maintain the roads. Can you kindly stay the fuck off of them? You will be nothing more than a slacker!

we figure roads are about 5 times more expensive than they should be because they are managed by lib govt monopoly

I'd love to see the math?

we know that in liberal monopolies in USSR, Red China, and East Germany, among 62 others, made things so expensive that people lived at about 20% of our standard of living. In our own country we can see how expensive health care is because of all the liberal interference.

Do you understand now?

Last edited:

I'd love to see the math?

we know that in liberal monopolies in USSR, Red China, and East Germany, among 62 others, made things so expensive that people lived at about 20% of our standard of living. In our own country we can see how expensive health care is because of all the liberal interference.

Do you understand now?

In the US it's uncontrolled capitalism resulting in monopolistic activity made possible by Republicans.

Reagan deregulation of the HMO act and allowing the insurance companies to vest peoples premium funds in high risk investments is the cause of high premiums.

Baby Bush SEC rubber stamping mergers and acquisitions is the reason that the majority of hospitals and Doctors in Vegas are owned by United HealthCare.

Look at M&A during baby Bush in relation to the top three for-profit insurance companies who now own the majority of the bottom forty seven.

In the US it's uncontrolled capitalism resulting in monopolistic activity made possible by Republicans.

if so can you give us your best example of a monopoly in the USA??

That easy. The gasoline companies. The top three own 95 percent of the business in the US from the ground to the pump, and take profits every step of the way.

WalMart. Owns +65% of market share and dictates all pricing from procurement to retail sale while collecting profit on four levels. Procurement, distribution, transportation, and retail.

There you go!

Elect a government that demands more efficiency. Our roads shouldn't only be for the rich.

That easy. The gasoline companies.[/QUOTE]

actually mono mean one , not 11. Let me guess, you are a liberal-right?

Shell 205,742,000 5,620,000*
Chevron/Texaco 144,332,000 91,168,000
Exxon /Mobil 130,082,000 121,300,000
Marathon/Speedway 117,740,000 76,660,000
Amoco 62,231,000 55,906,000 (merged with BP in 1998)*
Sunoco 0 0
Conoco 0 18,687,000
Sinclair 0 0
BP/Phillips 0 55,906,000*
Hess 0 0
Valero 0 92,305,000
Murphy Oil USA

That easy. The gasoline companies.

actually mono mean one , not 11. Let me guess, you are a liberal-right?

Shell 205,742,000 5,620,000*
Chevron/Texaco 144,332,000 91,168,000
Exxon /Mobil 130,082,000 121,300,000
Marathon/Speedway 117,740,000 76,660,000
Amoco 62,231,000 55,906,000 (merged with BP in 1998)*
Sunoco 0 0
Conoco 0 18,687,000
Sinclair 0 0
BP/Phillips 0 55,906,000*
Hess 0 0
Valero 0 92,305,000
Murphy Oil USA

Do the math that you posted! How many types of monopolies are there in finance?

I am pro-corporation but there does need to be some laws put into place to stop the bull shit.
1. A ceo should only make 150 times of their lowest paid employee. Guess who makes the product?
2. They should be forced to pay 50% income taxes.

These taxes can go to help pay for the roads they screw up hauling stuff over. Sounds fair to me.

I am pro-corporation but there does need to be some laws put into place to stop the bull shit.
1. A ceo should only make 150 times of their lowest paid employee. Guess who makes the product?
2. They should be forced to pay 50% income taxes.

These taxes can go to help pay for the roads they screw up hauling stuff over. Sounds fair to me.
There were laws, still are. But politicians are paid not to use them. So, if you look at the Sherman Antitrust Act, for instance, you get the point. Every time a politician tries to use the law, repubs universally, and some dems, do what they are paid to do: Do not enforce the laws. And, today, with a repub controlled supreme court, NO CHANCE.
Then you get the clowns from the right who want to rest on the fact that PURE monopolies are illegal. Which is of no concern to any rational person. It is MONOPOLY POWER which is very much at work in many industries, and is the very reason that there is no market system, or pure capitalistic, economy. Period.

Forum List

Back