Federal charges in the Breonna Taylor case.

Charges were dropped because you are legally permitted to defend yourself from people breaking into your house. Oddly you always skip over the part where the police had no evidence she was still involved with the guy so the cops lied to the judge to obtain a warrant.

They had plenty of evidence she was involved in his drug business. His drugs and dead buddy in her car. Her visiting him in prison. His saying on tape that she had his money. You keep ignoring those parts.

So they based their bogus warrant on a phone call and a package. Wow. What was in the package? Toilet paper, a sandwich, gloves, shoes, .........

That's why they got warrants to find out, executed against her apartment and four of his drug houses.

How did he know they were cops? They didn't announce themselves and you are going to claim they did because one guy changed his mind 6 months later, but NO ONE else heard it. So now a bogus warrant that they lied to obtain his a technicality, what is murder? A misdemeanor.

Well, first, it was a no-knock warrant, so they actually DIDN'T HAVE to announce themselves.
Secondly, the fact that Walker had time to get his ass out of bed, put on his pants, and find his gun, tells me that they gave him plenty of warning before they knocked down the door.

No, racist like you put Trump in office and you want to put him back in there again.

Nope, what put Trump in office is people getting sick and tired of shit like this.

I'm really not sure why you are so tolerant of crime, exactly. It impacts your community far more than it does mine.

Officers knew they were lying to obtain the warrant.

Seems to me that this is likely to end up far bigger than this one case. If I'm a lawyer with a client any of these officers were involved with, I'd call for the charges to be dropped as their testimony is now questionable.

Conservatives are whining about Trump’s 4th amendment protections can’t be bothered to give a damn about normal people’s 4th amendment rights.

The police lied all over Breonna Taylor’s search warrant. The judge who approved it rubber stamped it. The cops who knew it was a lie didn’t say anything because they didn’t want to get ostracized.

Remember, the police executed an illegal no knock search warrant, then they got shot at someone defending their apartment from what they thought were intruders, and killed Breonna Taylor. Then they tried to charge her boyfriend for attempted murder when they were the true criminals.

“Support the police”?

Conservatives are whining about Trump’s 4th amendment protections can’t be bothered to give a damn about normal people’s 4th amendment rights.

The police lied all over Breonna Taylor’s search warrant. The judge who approved it rubber stamped it. The cops who knew it was a lie didn’t say anything because they didn’t want to get ostracized.

Remember, the police executed an illegal no knock search warrant, then they got shot at someone defending their apartment from what they thought were intruders, and killed Breonna Taylor. Then they tried to charge her boyfriend for attempted murder when they were the true criminals.

“Support the police”?
So, you're saying that this one episode defines ALL law enforcement? By the way, stats have shown that defunding the police has led to more crime, of which effects the minority community to a disproportionate degree than the white community. So, that is what you support?

So, you're saying that this one episode defines ALL law enforcement? By the way, stats have shown that defunding the police has led to more crime, of which effects the minority community to a disproportionate degree than the white community. So, that is what you support?
Why not? One FISA warrant defines all of the DoJ?

Maybe we can have a police force that actually fights crime without violating civil rights? I suppose that’s too much to ask.

Why not? One FISA warrant defines all of the DoJ?

Maybe we can have a police force that actually fights crime without violating civil rights? I suppose that’s too much to ask.
The FBI has a VERY long history of being political and abusing their power. That doesn't mean I favor defunding or eliminating the FBI, but it does need some major house cleaning.

‘power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely’

The FBI has a VERY long history of being political and abusing their power. That doesn't mean I favor defunding or eliminating the FBI, but it does need some major house cleaning.

I do favor eliminating the FBI. It’s proven itself corrupt.

Regarding cops, many are bad. It seems the job attracts a certain personality type. That type is often as bad as that common to criminals.

I don’t support defunding them, but something needs to be done to stop the senseless killing by cops.

Regarding cops, many are bad. It seems the job attracts a certain personality type. That type is often as bad as that common to criminals.

I don’t support defunding them, but something needs to be done to stop the senseless killing by cops.
Just like you don't want to get rid of or defund law enforcement because of a few bad apples, you shouldn't be wanting to get rid of the FBI. Yes, it has a lot of political issues and probably way too much power, but we need to straighten it out instead of getting rid of it. Same with the DOJ. We need to appoint leaders who will not base their decisions on their political lean.

Just like you don't want to get rid of or defund law enforcement because of a few bad apples, you shouldn't be wanting to get rid of the FBI. Yes, it has a lot of political issues and probably way too much power, but we need to straighten it out instead of getting rid of it. Same with the DOJ. We need to appoint leaders who will not base their decisions on their political lean.
I’m afraid the FBI is so corrupted it can’t be salvaged. It has been exposed in many events as having instigated things. Its sole purpose is to protect the interests of the ruling class.

I’m afraid the FBI is so corrupted it can’t be salvaged. It has been exposed in many events as having instigated things. Its sole purpose is to protect the interests of the ruling class.
I hate to disagree with you because it's hard to disagree with you on this subject.

Seems to me that this is likely to end up far bigger than this one case. If I'm a lawyer with a client any of these officers were involved with, I'd call for the charges to be dropped as their testimony is now questionable.

Dead body and drugs in her car... These cops had every reason to be suspicious.

onservatives are whining about Trump’s 4th amendment protections can’t be bothered to give a damn about normal people’s 4th amendment rights.

Reading the actual article, I'm not seeing the smoking gun. So they went to a friendly judge who rubber stamped warrants. Um, so what? That sounds like every other episode of Law and Order, frankly. God, I miss that show. Or that there was a disagreement among the cops as to how serious Taylor's involvement was in Glover's drug operation.

Frankly, this all sounds like everyone involved playing a game of CYA because something went wrong.

Dead body and drugs in her car... These cops had every reason to be suspicious.

Reading the actual article, I'm not seeing the smoking gun. So they went to a friendly judge who rubber stamped warrants. Um, so what? That sounds like every other episode of Law and Order, frankly. God, I miss that show. Or that there was a disagreement among the cops as to how serious Taylor's involvement was in Glover's drug operation.

Frankly, this all sounds like everyone involved playing a game of CYA because something went wrong.
They lied about what the postal inspector told them which was foundational to the argument she was involved at all. They lied saying Glover was living there when he hadn’t been seen in 6 weeks.

They lied about what the postal inspector told them which was foundational to the argument she was involved at all. They lied saying Glover was living there when he hadn’t been seen in 6 weeks.

Okay, about that.

Six weeks? Well, considering he was in jail, that's understandable. That's not a long enough period for them to conclude the relationship was over, or her involvement in his drug business.

What they did have was

1) Him regularly picking up packages at her address and taking them to other locations which were known drug houses.
2) Him saying on a prison recording that "Bre has all my money" to another girlfriend.
3) The previous incident where one of his associates was killed using her car to ferry drugs.

A miscommunication about conversations with a postal inspector who is probably trying to cover HIS ass now that this went south is hardly that big of a deal. Based on all the other evidence they had, a warrant was warranted.

Okay, about that.

Six weeks? Well, considering he was in jail, that's understandable. That's not a long enough period for them to conclude the relationship was over, or her involvement in his drug business.

What they did have was

1) Him regularly picking up packages at her address and taking them to other locations which were known drug houses.
2) Him saying on a prison recording that "Bre has all my money" to another girlfriend.
3) The previous incident where one of his associates was killed using her car to ferry drugs.

A miscommunication about conversations with a postal inspector who is probably trying to cover HIS ass now that this went south is hardly that big of a deal. Based on all the other evidence they had, a warrant was warranted.

And now they will be going to prison. Prison will not be a fun place for these guys. It's hard to tell how many others they lied to convict.

I imagine they will fit in with the white supremacists pretty easily for protection but...................

Officers knew they were lying to obtain the warrant.

Every case they were involved in is now tainted. Every case they testified in should probably have charges dropped. Every warrant they served is now questionable and possibly invalid. THAT is why prosecutors are so reluctant to deal with bad cops.

The FBI has been rotten to the core for decades.

All cops are bad. There are, occasionally, one or two good ones...but they either turn bad or leave law enforcement quickly.
The FBI has been corrupt since day one. For decades, the most corrupt man in Washington was J. Edgar Hoover.
They didn’t have this. They admitted that they lied about this.
Joey does not care. Joey is a disciple of Goebbels: The Big Lie. Keep regurgitating it and it eventually is accepted as fact. That is a major reason he devotes every waking moment to posting here.

And now they will be going to prison. Prison will not be a fun place for these guys. It's hard to tell how many others they lied to convict.

I imagine they will fit in with the white supremacists pretty easily for protection but...................

Wouldn't count your chickens there. The dumb chick who copped a plea will go to prison, but I doubt the rest of these guys will.

All they need to do is put Jamarcus Glover on the stand. You know, he got arrested again in Louisville. After they gave him a sweetheart please agreement that involved him leaving the state, they caught him again in the city, drugs in his car, and stoned out of his mind.

Jamarcus Glover, who received probation and was supposed to leave the state as part of a guilty plea in a series of Louisville police drug raids -- including one in which officers shot and killed Breonna Taylor -- was arrested in Jeffersontown Wednesday.

Glover was charged by Jeffersontown Police with driving on a suspended license, possession of marijuana and expired plates, according to court records.

But Jefferson Circuit Court Judge Olu Stevens, who presided over one of Glover's drug cases, filed an order Thursday that Glover be arrested based on "cause to believe" he had violated the terms of his probation.

He ordered Glover to be held on a $5,000 cash bond.

In October, Glover pleaded guilty to a litany of crimes – mostly drug trafficking and possession – and was sentenced to five years of probation, with an eight-year prison sentence hanging over his head if he violated the conditions of the agreement.

Forum List

Back