Zone1 Federal Agencies Conservatives hate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want you to discuss the topic and not make this all about me as you are want to do.

wont to do. Sorry I love that phrase and can't stand to see it pulverized to "want to do".

Definition of wont

(Entry 1 of 3)
1: ACCUSTOMED, USEDgot up early as he is wont to do

Bureaucracies are entirely too bloated, too funded and have too much power.

I don't hate the VA, I hate the fact that they are subject to control from a largely corrupt and incompetent US federal government.

The soldiers who were put on fake treating lists at the Arizona VA, for example, should have gotten million of dollars in compensation, or at least, the soldiers that died because the VA refused to treat them, their families should have gotten the money.

But by in large, I think most who work at such places are good people, they are just caught in a terrible system. In fact, one of their own was a whistle blower.

This is an epidemic as a nothing has changed since the soldiers came home from Vietnam were denied care because of Agent Orange, or those suffering from the Gulf War Syndrome also were denied care in many instances.

Disgraceful!

But this kind of government run health care is what they want for all of us

Make no mistake, they will make sure that they reduce all kinds of government spending on it, because the only time the government cares about trying to not spend money is when it comes to your health care or building a border wall

Otherwise, they have no problem spending millions to better understand such things as Salamander crossings in Vermont.

The VA had a ton problems and now they are down to only about a half a ton.

Oddly enough a lot of the problems arose due to too little oversight by the Govt. Until recently each VA Medical Center was it own little fiefdom and did things how ever they wanted and nobody really paid attention. This is why there was such a disparity between one and the next one.

The VA had a ton problems and now they are down to only about a half a ton.

Oddly enough a lot of the problems arose due to too little oversight by the Govt. Until recently each VA Medical Center was it own little fiefdom and did things how ever they wanted and nobody really paid attention. This is why there was such a disparity between one and the next one.
It has gotten better...VA has saved my life at least 3 times, so I'm a bit biased.
The Veteran's Choice program allows me to access community level care because I live more than 100 miles from a VA regional center. Top of the line care..and the VA picks up the tab. AFAIK, that's the best deal in the country.

FBI
State Department
CDC
Justice Department
Department of Education
IRS
EPA

Are there any that Conservatives actually like?
We are equal opportunity haters. We do have favorites though. IRS still number 1 on the hit charts since Woodrow Wilson.

Kinda a enumerated powers thing your side doesnt care about.

So....... Yes we think too much govt sucks. I agree.

I think for the most part, Conservatives hate the Federal Government
They want all functions, except the military, handled by the states

It's not hate. It's that the agencies have either overshot their mandates, or are controlled and directed by the Democrats and used as a political and lawfare arm of the Democrats.

Most civil servants are Democrats, and the agencies are directing policy, rather than just implementing policy.
How do you know this? Where did you get this information?

How about just the enumerated roles, as well as not being a bloated partisan make work program?

Things like the DOE and DOT shouldn't be money pass through organs, all they should do is set bare minimum standards for things and then States can decide to exceed those standards if they so choose.

How do you know this? Where did you get this information?

It's pretty obvious from what we are seeing going on right now, and for the past 2 decades or so.

No one speaks of it or admits it, but you either have to be a fool or part of it to deny it.

Disagree in part – they love the Executive Branch, again when occupied by a Republican.

With control of the WH the authoritarian right can rule via fiat – no need for consensus or compromise.

And now that the Supreme Court has become the Trump court, they love the judiciary.

It's not hate. It's that the agencies have either overshot their mandates, or are controlled and directed by the Democrats and used as a political and lawfare arm of the Democrats.

Most civil servants are Democrats, and the agencies are directing policy, rather than just implementing policy.
Prove they are Dems.

Prove they are Dems.

Based on who they tend to donate to, most are Dems.

And it makes sense, why would anyone support a party that attacks their profession and integrity on a daily basis?

Prove they are Dems.

I said "most"

Study finds the cost of partisanship among federal workers

It was also no surprise that the researchers confirmed that Democrats outnumber Republicans or Independents in the federal workforce, as has long been public perception. Democrats made up about half of the workforce during the 1997-2019 data period (compared with about 41% of the U.S. population). Meanwhile, registered Republicans dropped from 32% to 26% during the period, with an increase in Independents making up the difference. The most heavily Democratic departments are the EPA, Department of Education, and the State Department, where about 70% of employees are registered to the party, while the most conservative departments are Agriculture and Transportation.

Dems have more education, more seniority​

The analysis also found that Democrats even more heavily represented in the ranks of upper management jobs, topping out at 63% of senior executives, the level just below presidential appointees. However, this discrepancy is driven largely by the fact that Democrats tend to enter the civil service with higher rates of college and graduate degrees, and tend to stay in government careers longer, relative to Republicans. Even in comparable jobs at the same pay level, Democrats have higher education on average than Republicans.

And of the independents, how many are greens or just progressives who don't have party affiliations?

Most FBI agents are Republicans, as is the Director of the FBI

I worked for the DoD and most employees were Conservative Republicans

"Republicans"

They are more in tune with their government positions than the current status of their party.

Deep State over Country.

Even you know that statement is patently false.
I will fix it for you....

Federal agencies that have been corrupted and have too much power.... conservatives hate....

Winner, winner Chicken Dinner

Another example of Conservative mistrust and hatred of our Government

Winner, winner Chicken Dinner

Another example of Conservative mistrust and hatred of our Government

The founders themselves mistrusted government power abuse and overreach, the problem is now progressives need it at levels as far removed from the people as possible to implement their agenda.

It's far easier for them to get a federal agency to reduce people's rights and/or standard of living in the name of equity, Gaia, or whatever than to actually get said policies passed via law and implemented by the elected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back