Zone1 Federal Agencies Conservatives hate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think for the most part, Conservatives hate the Federal Government
They want all functions, except the military, handled by the states

Limiting the Powers granted to the Federal Government was what Conservatism meant ...
Until after the Second World War and the birth of Modern Conservatism ... :thup:

Providing for the US Military is an enumerated Power in the Constitution ...
And Conservatives don't hate the Constitution, just because it doesn't adequately serve Authoritarian Fascists.

The founders themselves mistrusted government power abuse and overreach, the problem is now progressives need it at levels as far removed from the people as possible to implement their agenda.

It's far easier for them to get a federal agency to reduce people's rights and/or standard of living in the name of equity, Gaia, or whatever than to actually get said policies passed via law and implemented by the elected.
They created a Government of We the People with Checks and Balances on Government power

Conservatives love those agencies when a Republican is in the WH – Justice in particular.

Indeed, Republicans turn Justice into a political weapon for the GOP; under a Republican administration, the Justice Department has little to do with ‘justice’ and everything to do with partisan politics.
they say the same shit about your party jones....

They created a Government of We the People with Checks and Balances on Government power

And those checks are being ignored because executive agencies create new rules barely connected to the laws passed by congress, when they should have to go back to congress to get authorization for the new rules. That was the crux of the latest case where the SC shot down CO2 being considered a pollutant under the Clean Air Act.

And those checks are being ignored because executive agencies create new rules barely connected to the laws passed by congress, when they should have to go back to congress to get authorization for the new rules. That was the crux of the latest case where the SC shot down CO2 being considered a pollutant under the Clean Air Act.
Not sure what you are talking about
Do you have an example?

I trust scientists at the EPA more than judges on the Supreme Court when it comes to CO2 emissions

Not sure what you are talking about
Do you have an example?

I trust scientists at the EPA more than judges on the Supreme Court when it comes to CO2 emissions

That's the point the poster was trying to make ...
Federal Agencies have difficulty understanding the Separation of Powers between the Executive and Legislative Branches.

It doesn't matter who you trust, if it isn't their job ... :thup:

Disagree in part – they love the Executive Branch, again when occupied by a Republican.

With control of the WH the authoritarian right can rule via fiat – no need for consensus or compromise.

And now that the Supreme Court has become the Trump court, they love the judiciary.
And this differs from Democrats how?

That's the point the poster was trying to make ...
Federal Agencies have difficulty understanding the Separation of Powers between the Executive and Legislative Branches.

It doesn't matter who you trust, if it isn't their job ... :thup:

EPA is an executive agency
Congress is free to pass laws on the environment

They just did

I just gave one, the EPA rule on CO2 based wrongly on the Clean Air Act.

The court claimed it was wrong…that makes it legally wrong
Doesn’t make it true

Part of the checks and balances of our Government.

The court also approved the search of Trumps home

See how it works?

The court claimed it was wrong…that makes it legally wrong
Doesn’t make it true

Part of the checks and balances of our Government.

The court also approved the search of Trumps home

See how it works?

The check on the EPA case means the executive overstepped it's bounds, something it has been doing constantly.

One "judge" who's past leaves his impartiality in question.

EPA is an executive agency
Congress is free to pass laws on the environment

They just did

Congress has the Power to Legislate ... The EPA does not.
The Executive Branch doesn't have the power to Legislate and attempts by the EPA to Legislate are an example of overreach.

Executing a law or policy is not the same as Creating a law or policy.

The check on the EPA case means the executive overstepped it's bounds, something it has been doing constantly.

One "judge" who's past leaves his impartiality in question.

Right or wrong, the court makes the decision
Just like the decision to approve the Trump search warrant

Maybe the TRUMPCourt will overturn it
We will see

Congress has the Power to Legislate ... The EPA does not.
The Executive Branch doesn't have the power to Legislate and attempts by the EPA to Legislate are an example of overreach.

Executing a law or policy is not the same as Creating a law or policy.

Congress lacks the capability to establish detailed rules of what can be dumped in the environment
That is why the EPA was established

Right or wrong, the court makes the decision
Just like the decision to approve the Trump search warrant

Maybe the TRUMPCourt will overturn it
We will see

The court shouldn't have had to deal with it in the first place. Congress should have been asked to make a new law regulating CO2, not try to shoehorn it into the CAA.

Congress lacks the capability to establish detailed rules of what can be dumped in the environment
That is why the EPA was established

It doesn't matter why you think the EPA should be granted Power the Executive Branch has not been given ... You're still wrong.

If the scientists working with the EPA have discoveries they deem pertinent and necessary, they still cannot write Law or determine Policy.
They have to take it to Congress and have it passed into Legislation.

It's the problem Progressives always have with overreach and their desire to circumvent the separations of powers,
rule of law and protection of individual rights in our Constitution.

If it is too hard for them to interpret, they need to understand it doesn't mean what they want it to ...
and it doesn't serve their Authoritarian Fascist ideology ... :thup:

It doesn't matter why you think the EPA should be granted Power the Executive Branch has not been given ... You're still wrong.

If the scientists working with the EPA have discoveries they deem pertinent and necessary, they still cannot write Law or determine Policy.
They have to take it to Congress and have it passed into Legislation.

It's the problem Progressives always have with overreach and their desire to circumvent the separations of powers,
rule of law and protection of individual rights in our Constitution.

If it is too hard for them to interpret, they need to understand it doesn't mean what they want it to ...
and it doesn't serve their Authoritarian Fascist ideology ... :thup:

EPA has been doing just that for 50 years

Now the TRUMPCourt says the Environmental Protection Agency cannot actually protect the environment

EPA has been doing just that for 50 years

Now the TRUMPCourt says the Environmental Protection Agency cannot actually protect the environment

If you want to suggest the EPA has been doing it the wrong way for 50 years, I haven't argued against that.
I don't support the EPA, nor do I support people polluting our environment ... But then again, I am a Classical Liberal and not an Authoritarian Fascists.

If you want to suggest the EPA has been doing it the wrong way for 50 years, I haven't argued against that.
I don't support the EPA, nor do I support people polluting our environment ... But then again, I am a Classical Liberal and not an Authoritarian Fascists.

I’m suggesting that the TRUMPCourt overstepped their bounds and the Environment will suffer for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back