Fears of hottest year on record as global temperatures spike

well someone needs to present the problem to solve. And yes, warmers/ alarmists. What is the problem? Do you know?

I see the problem presented in many different ways.

The most common being that the average temperature of the earth is up 2 F (all ascribed to greenhouse gases). I keep reading that at 3.5, things are supposed to get "really bad".

Others define the problem in terms of the consequences of that heating.

How bad will it get?

It's funny that the past failures at attempting to answer these questions are never a problem for those who seem to keep trying.

All the while demanding that the entire global population change their behavior dramatically.

And they wonder why no one is listening.

As I type this, I am seeing a thread on "Heat (temperature I guess) to soar to record levels in the next 5 years. I guess we'll revisit that one in five years.

By then, it will be hurricanes.

Great. Problem solved. Except it isn't.

It's hilarious how we are so confident in our position, but the rest of the developing world is putting up fossil fuel burning plants like there is no tomorrow. Maybe that's it. They know they'll be no tomorrow so they are scrambling for what they can get today.

Enjoy being right.
So, we should go ahead and continue burning coal cause China does ? That’s your line ?

We should waste trillions to reduce CO2 a little while China adds a lot? That's your line?
You call reducing polution a waste of money when every town, state or country that does it increases property values and increases economic growth ? You don’t think it cost more to do nothing about pollution ? You like breathing coal and other fossil fuel fumes just because China does ? You think coal ONLY pollutes with CO2 ? You’re completely uninformed and totally ignorant of why allowing pollution of any kind cost MORE.

You call reducing polution a waste of money when every town, state or country that does it increases property values and increases economic growth ? You don’t think it cost more to do nothing about pollution ? You like breathing coal and other fossil fuel fumes just because China does ? You think coal ONLY pollutes with CO2 ? You’re completely uninformed and totally ignorant of why allowing pollution of any kind cost MORE.

You call reducing polution a waste of money when every town, state or country that does it increases property values and increases economic growth ?

CO2, not pollution.

Yes, wasting trillions to reduce CO2 by 1 ppm while China increases it 20 times as much is stupid.

You like breathing coal and other fossil fuel fumes just because China does ?

How does wasting money on windmills reduce the Chinese coal fumes we're breathing?

You call reducing polution a waste of money when every town, state or country that does it increases property values and increases economic growth ?

CO2, not pollution.

Yes, wasting trillions to reduce CO2 by 1 ppm while China increases it 20 times as much is stupid.

How does wasting money on windmills reduce the Chinese coal fumes we're breathing?
So you still like breathing coal dust. Amazing.

It is presently 73 degrees with a high expected of 77 F.

My State has beat the heat wave so far this year! We've had a lot of rain showers though!

CO2, not pollution.

You must love coal.
When coal is burned it releases a number of airborne toxins and pollutants. They include mercury, lead, sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxides, particulates, and various other heavy metals.

You must love coal.
When coal is burned it releases a number of airborne toxins and pollutants. They include mercury, lead, sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxides, particulates, and various other heavy metals.

Coal is fine.
We have very good scrubbers now.
Reliable energy is awesome.

Would you trust your respirator to solar power?

Coal is fine.
We have very good scrubbers now.
Reliable energy is awesome.

Would you trust your respirator to solar power?
Clean coal ? You’re an idiot. You want to buy coal and pollute with fossil fuels when most renewable ENERGY is FREE. Boy are you stupid. I bet you think you fossil fuel power plants run on free energy.

Clean coal ? You’re an idiot. You want to buy coal when most renewable ENERGY is FREE. Boy are you stupid. I bet you think you fossil fuel power plants run on free energy.

You want to buy coal when most renewable ENERGY is FREE.

OMG! And I thought your idiocy was limited to science.
I now see it extends to economics.

You want to buy coal when most renewable ENERGY is FREE.

OMG! And I thought your idiocy was limited to science.
I now see it extends to economics.
Idiot….you’re crowd who brought up ECONOMICS Idiot. You said renewables was a waste of money stupid. Oh now. you’re arguing that fossil fuel energy does or does not pollute and it’s free… which is it ?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back