Fearing LGBT Threats, Cracker Barrel Pulls Duck Products With Phil Robertsons Images

Think "redneck" is now racist. :) Thing about some kids' Duck Dynasty t-shirt and his teacher saying as much. As a Jew, liberal, and bisexual I'm like a hatred triple-coupon. But having been in the Navy I'm used to having people scream in my face and got over it long ago. :) Maybe we need to reinstate the draft to helo remedy this PC nightmare we find ourselves in. Or for a year, force tv stations to scroll at the bottom of every program the 1st Amendment. People seem to forget that in order to have a 1st Amendment, we're gonna have to hear and see a lot of things we'd rather not. But too bad, get over it.

Whatever happened to sticks n stones?

Think "redneck" is now racist. :) Thing about some kids' Duck Dynasty t-shirt and his teacher saying as much. As a Jew, liberal, and bisexual I'm like a hatred triple-coupon. But having been in the Navy I'm used to having people scream in my face and got over it long ago. :) Maybe we need to reinstate the draft to helo remedy this PC nightmare we find ourselves in. Or for a year, force tv stations to scroll at the bottom of every program the 1st Amendment. People seem to forget that in order to have a 1st Amendment, we're gonna have to hear and see a lot of things we'd rather not. But too bad, get over it.

Whatever happened to sticks n stones?

I think we found out that the sticks and stones theory was false just like "real men don't cry". Yeah people should get over it but why go through it in the first place and what do you do to protect yourself until you develop that skin? This just because some dickhead thinks his thoughts are golden. What people seem to have lost sight of is simple courtesy and respect for each other.

'Duck Dynasty' -- Cracker Barrel Bails on Phil Robertson Products | TMZ.com

1221-phil-duck-dynasty-cracker-barrel-1.jpg

...The Southern-themed food chain reacted to Phil Robertson's anti-gay comments by removing "selected products which we were concerned might offend some of our guests" from their stores and restaurants....

... removed were the ones that had Phil's face plastered on the packaging. Almost to a person, the managers added, "We still offer a wide variety of Duck Commander products," and then we heard a click.

C.B. offers this explanation ... "We operate within the ideals of fairness, mutual respect and equal treatment of all people. These ideals are the core of our corporate culture."

As for most of the remaining products ... we're told you can find them in the sale bin.

All that straddling could git a body hurt.

:rolleyes:

...The Southern-themed food chain reacted to Phil Robertson's anti-gay comments by removing "selected products which we were concerned might offend some of our guests" from their stores and restaurants....

... removed were the ones that had Phil's face plastered on the packaging. Almost to a person, the managers added, "We still offer a wide variety of Duck Commander products," and then we heard a click.

C.B. offers this explanation ... "We operate within the ideals of fairness, mutual respect and equal treatment of all people. These ideals are the core of our corporate culture."

As for most of the remaining products ... we're told you can find them in the sale bin.

Idiot. Robertson is still making money on the products with his family images as well as Duck Commander shirts. No matter how much you smear a good man like Robertson, he will still be making money. Also how about this little tidbit Cracker Barrel got itself into 9 years ago:

USATODAY.com - Cracker Barrel customer says bias was 'flagrant'

The government said its investigations showed that Cracker Barrel segregated customers by race; allowed white servers to refuse to wait on African-American customers; and seated or served white customers before seating or serving similarly situated African-American customers. Justice further alleged that, in many cases, managers directed, participated or acquiesced in those practices.

Last edited:
Just wow. I won't be eating at Cracker Barrel Restaurants anymore. Time to boycott them like we are doing A&E. What they did was ban all the Duck Dynasty and Duck Commander products with Phil Robertson's images on them. Phil personally owns Duck Commander. That means T-Shirts, posters, duck call packages, hats, etc., anything with a picture of him on them are being yanked from the shelves. But they will keep the products with all the other Robertson family member images. Phil is being exterminated or erased from existence for PC purposes to appease the vile unethical LGBT community.

LibertyNEWS.com ? CONFIRMED: Cracker Barrel Yanks Phil Robertson/Duck Commander Products Over Fear of LGBT Threats

Cracker Barrel reportedly pulls some ?Duck Dynasty? merchandise from stores; Update: Limited to A&E products? | Twitchy

Walmart has sold out of DD stuff and trying to get their hands on more. Restaurants have to be aware of being picketed and vandalized. These nutjobs are quick to anger and act out, so if you have a business with windows that closes at night, they'll bust your windows and graffiti the storefront. Standing on princples is tough when you'll be attacked like that. :mad:

Bullshit.

You nutters really need to get a grip.

Idiot. Robertson is still making money on the products with his family images as well as Duck Commander shirts. No matter how much you smear a good man like Robertson, he will still be making money. Also how about this little tidbit Cracker Barrel got itself into 9 years ago:

The government said its investigations showed that Cracker Barrel segregated customers by race; allowed white servers to refuse to wait on African-American customers; and seated or served white customers before seating or serving similarly situated African-American customers. Justice further alleged that, in many cases, managers directed, participated or acquiesced in those practices.

You dumb shit.

I posted the same link you did.

My comment on that link was that they're trying to keep everyone happy while not making much of a stand either way. I thought that was damn funny.

Get a friggin grip already.

Personally, I'd like to see him/them go the way of their brothers at the Westboro Baptist.
As for your second link about "flagrant bias" against blacks, I'd boycott but you couldn't pay me to eat the shit they serve. Seriously. There is not one dish on their menu (last time I saw it) that does not contribute to heart disease and diabetes and more.

How 'bout you go eat there for me? :lol:

Here's the fun part. That merchandise isn't marketed by the Robertson's. It's marketed by A&E! So the only one really hurt is the network!

lol, how sweet
I think Cracker Barrel will regret getting in the middle of this..but they probably don't want to be harassed by the militant Glaad...They are a very dangerous group and resorting to violence isn't beneath them...People need to wake up in this country about them
they are going after all the sponsors of their show from what I've read

How do you eat an entire elephant? One bite at a time. By limiting I mean not watching the show or buying their products. People have a right to say what they want to. That should not change. However, they pay for that right when dealing with the backlash from whatever ignorant thing they may think is ok to say. if they got pulled from the show then they should have shown some discretion in voicing their opinion. Having the right to say what you want doesn't automatically mean everyone wants to hear it.

i never seen what he said.....im sure the only people who did....WANTED to see what he said and sought it out....

Thats part of the package when you are famous. You have to watch what you say when being recorded no matter what.

right,but you said.... "Having the right to say what you want doesn't automatically mean everyone wants to hear it......if it wasnt for someone bitching about what this guy said the only people who would have known what he said,would have only been those who read GQ Magazine....thats not everyone...so blame it on GLAAD for making a stink and making it so everyone hears about this shit.....otherwise i sure as hell would have never have known...

From what I read on FB, Cracker Barrel pulled DUCK DYNASTY stuff but left the DUCK COMMANDER stuff. Which means they pulled the products A&E is getting a cut of since they own Duck Dynasty. Sales of Duck Commander go directly to the Robertsons.

Unless someone is lying over there. Someone else posted a pic of a CB store they were sitting outside of and they took pics...said ALL DD and DC stuff was pulled. CB says no...it still stocks it. So......who is telling the truth? Time will tell.

Thou shalt think only approved thoughts.

Was Orwell a time traveler?

More like "Keep thy mouth shut if you have nothing good to say." Good tip for those crying about free speech. Weigh what you are about to say regarding how important it is. Not how important you think you are.

That's pretty good advice, how's it working out for you?

From what I read on FB, Cracker Barrel pulled DUCK DYNASTY stuff but left the DUCK COMMANDER stuff. Which means they pulled the products A&E is getting a cut of since they own Duck Dynasty. Sales of Duck Commander go directly to the Robertsons.

Unless someone is lying over there. Someone else posted a pic of a CB store they were sitting outside of and they took pics...said ALL DD and DC stuff was pulled. CB says no...it still stocks it. So......who is telling the truth? Time will tell.

I wonder if the Dynasty stuff was pulled and the Duck Commander stuff simply sold out.

Thou shalt think only approved thoughts.

Was Orwell a time traveler?

More like "Keep thy mouth shut if you have nothing good to say." Good tip for those crying about free speech. Weigh what you are about to say regarding how important it is. Not how important you think you are.

How about this:
If you choose to say something controversial, expect opposition. Speak, and be prepared to be judged for your words.

Cracker Barrel has already dealt with racial discrimination lawsuits, I doubt they want to get involved in another one. This whole thing with Duck Dynasty is pretty cheap and obnoxious, this guy says a bunch of discriminatory things in the name of Christianity and everyone is going crazy because they think they won't be able to watch him on TV anymore.

I didn't watch him before and I won't now. They all sound stupid.

Cracker Barrel has already dealt with racial discrimination lawsuits, I doubt they want to get involved in another one. This whole thing with Duck Dynasty is pretty cheap and obnoxious, this guy says a bunch of discriminatory things in the name of Christianity and everyone is going crazy because they think they won't be able to watch him on TV anymore.

I didn't watch him before and I won't now. They all sound stupid.

So you don't have any idea what you're talking about....okay fine. :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back