Fearing LGBT Threats, Cracker Barrel Pulls Duck Products With Phil Robertsons Images

In light of the shape of the duck calls, it's odd that gays would have such an issue with the maker's comments. :eusa_whistle:

Yes! People who use duck calls......are all just practicing for a good ol' dick suck!

Great observation.

Well this move lasted all of a day and ended in failure. once again bending over to the whining liberal agenda blows up in someones face. Wake up to the fact that real americans have grown tired of being pushed around and are fighting back.

Gay people and liberals are also real Americans.

To be clear, I have no problem with Cracker Barrel changing their mind on this. Deciding to remove some of the merch was a business decision and deciding to put it back is a business decision. A business decision predicated on the fact that conservatives are whiny bitches, but hey, that's life. Unlike said whiny conservatives, I have no intention of protesting CB in any way for this. But fuck you very much for trying to appropriate "being American" just because you got your underwear all bunched up that some private company made a business decision that you didn't like. There's nothing patriotic about that. There's just a whole lot of rampant stupidity.

Did you really have the nerve to write that (see highlighted)? This whole brouhaha because some whiny bitch gays got their panties in a bunch over someone else's opinion. C'mon, really?

Well, I am "on phils side" but I don't hunt, nor would buy their products just to show support. They have enough money already, lol.

So what you're telling me is that people are so desperately in love with Duck Dynasty merchandise that it just broke their poor hearts that they couldn't buy items with Phil on them at Cracker Barrel? Me? No, I wouldn't be mad. I wouldn't give a crap. I have a loving family and great friends. Buying some shitty piece of reality TV merchandise at a chain restaurant is not high up on my list of things to care about.
Tell me specifically what is shitty about the Duck Commander Duck Call?

I know nothing about the Duck Commander Duck Calls. I imagine, given how successful the Robertson family has been, that you can buy them at more places than just Cracker Barrel. Even so, CB only removed certain products, and I feel pretty confident saying that the Duck Calls were probably not a part of that group. When I say "shitty reality TV show merchandise" I refer to the beard lollipops, the Uncle Si tea cup, the talking keychain. The items specifically created to profit from the popularity of the show, not the useful items that birthed their empire. And I'm pretty sure that you knew that.

What exactly are "beard lollipops"?

It entirely depends on what it was. Is it something I can get somewhere else? Then nope, don't care. Is it something kitschy or is it something I use every day? I might be disappointed if it's something I use a lot, but hell, I get disappointed every time Starbucks shuts down their pumpkin spice lattes for the year and I somehow survive that. Stores stop selling things I love all the time for all kinds of reasons. It's not a world-altering event. I don't boycott them for it.

This isn't a comparable situation, Holly. A few pieces of merch were temporarily pulled from Cracker Barrel and then reinstated because their customers reacted negatively. That's a business decision, and hell, that's life. It's really not something to get all upset over, honestly. There are more important things in life.
I am just saying that there is no exception to people getting mad about different things and for different reasons. When it isn't about something happening, it is about why it happened, or even both depending on the situation. This one just happened to be about what happened after a person gave their two cents on a sensitive subject when they were asked to give it.

God bless you and Mr. Robertson always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Well this move lasted all of a day and ended in failure. once again bending over to the whining liberal agenda blows up in someones face. Wake up to the fact that real americans have grown tired of being pushed around and are fighting back.

Gay people and liberals are also real Americans.

To be clear, I have no problem with Cracker Barrel changing their mind on this. Deciding to remove some of the merch was a business decision and deciding to put it back is a business decision. A business decision predicated on the fact that conservatives are whiny bitches, but hey, that's life. Unlike said whiny conservatives, I have no intention of protesting CB in any way for this. But fuck you very much for trying to appropriate "being American" just because you got your underwear all bunched up that some private company made a business decision that you didn't like. There's nothing patriotic about that. There's just a whole lot of rampant stupidity.

Did you really have the nerve to write that (see highlighted)? This whole brouhaha because some whiny bitch gays got their panties in a bunch over someone else's opinion. C'mon, really?

Dude, that's exactly WHY I posted it. Conservatives have been complaining about how whiny gay people are for days, while being unbelievably whiny themselves. So yeah, I have the nerve to write it.

Tell me specifically what is shitty about the Duck Commander Duck Call?

I know nothing about the Duck Commander Duck Calls. I imagine, given how successful the Robertson family has been, that you can buy them at more places than just Cracker Barrel. Even so, CB only removed certain products, and I feel pretty confident saying that the Duck Calls were probably not a part of that group. When I say "shitty reality TV show merchandise" I refer to the beard lollipops, the Uncle Si tea cup, the talking keychain. The items specifically created to profit from the popularity of the show, not the useful items that birthed their empire. And I'm pretty sure that you knew that.

images

images

Thanks for the pic.

Forum List

Back