FBI: Murder Rose 29% in 2020

Murders spike so slash funding to police!
In 2020, the city spent $764 million out of its general fund. The police department accounted for $322 million of that, or about 42%. The rest of the general fund was split between other city departments like fire, human services, parks and recreation, and the library. OPD is by far the largest city department in terms of general spending.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
In 2020, the city spent $764 million out of its general fund. The police department accounted for $322 million of that, or about 42%. The rest of the general fund was split between other city departments like fire, human services, parks and recreation, and the library. OPD is by far the largest city department in terms of general spending.

I know why violent crime is skyrocketing in Oakland!

TRUMP!

Spike began right after George Floyd.

Defund the police!
Give them room to destroy things!

The fruits of the Left:
View attachment 542888
This has nothing to do with the tiny and powerless left.

It's the Democrats.

Punching down at the tiny/powerless left is cowardly and ignorant, and helps the Democrats.

So why do it?

Democrats don't want to hear this but the defund the police movement is what's causing this. Baltimore is a prime example. Murders spiked by over 100 a year after the Freddie Grey incident in 2015 and have remained high ever since. Police backed off after the riots.

Trump caused massive increase in crime. Clinton caused record decrease in crime. Yet you voted against Clinton & pro Trump, so you support crime.
Really? Then why were murder rates so low 2017- early 2020?

Anyone who wants a gun can get one. Call it whatever you want but it`s an indisputable fact. I`m grown up enough that I haven`t played cowboy in over 60 years.
Anyone who wants a gun can get one.

and that can happen in any country on Earth.

Just how do you plan on preventing people from stealing firearms?

Confiscate them all?

and that can happen in any country on Earth.

Just how do you plan on preventing people from stealing firearms?

Confiscate them all?
Make it illegal to keep a gun in a car overnight. Your car does not have second amendment rights. Who said anything about confiscation? You.

Yeah, I liked the shopping when I lived in one, but now that I live in a tiny, quiet, rural, conservative community, the 25-mile drive to do my shopping is like a wonderful, peaceful meditation, after contemplating what's going on in my old location.
You lie. I grew up in rural America & it has far more crime than the highest crime ridden cities. My parents, siblings & friends still live there & their stuff gets stolen continuously. They stole my brothers guns, computers & stuff & burned his house to the ground. Years later it happened to my father who had my guns, 4 wheeler, fishing, hunting & camping gear in storage. What they didn't steal, they burnt to the ground while he was at church. It's also happened to 4 of their neighbors. They steal grain, farm equipment, motors from conveyors, gasoline, fuel, oil, generators, tools, steel, ect on a regular basis.

I have lived in (crime ridden) St Louis, MO almost 30 years & haven't been looted like that. While you are enjoying that gas guzzling shopping trip 25 miles away, your home & belongings could burglarized & burnt to the ground before anyone notices & calls fire department (foundation savers) who will take forever to respond. In St. Louis my cameras & neighbors would alert me as soon as someone steps on my property and they will go ask why they are there.

Last edited:
President Joe Biden has unveiled a plan that includes funding more police to combat a nationwide surge in homicides, which he blamed on lax gun control.
He said officials in high crime areas can hire more law-enforcement personnel using coronavirus relief funding.
Mr Biden's crime-fighting strategy calls for curtailing rogue gun dealers and firearms trafficking.
Republicans are depicting Mr Biden's Democrats as weak on crime, amid calls by left-wingers to defund the police.

The cops are going to stop people from commiting suicide?

You lie. I grew up in rural America & it has far more crime than the highest crime ridden cities. My parents, siblings & friends still live there & their stuff gets stolen continuously. They stole my brothers guns, computers & stuff & burned his house to the ground. Years later it happened to my father who had my guns, 4 wheeler, fishing, hunting & camping gear in storage. What they didn't steal, they burnt to the ground while he was at church. It's also happened to 4 of their neighbors.

I have lived in St Louis, MO almost 30 years & haven't been looted like that. While you are enjoying that gas guzzling shopping trip 25 miles away, your home & belongings could burglarized & burnt to the ground before anyone notices & calls fire department (foundation savers) who will take forever to respond.
OMG! You mean you live in my neighborhood? Why haven't you introduced yourself? You must live close to me, since you know so much about my neighborhood and my neighbors. Drop by and ring the bell any time. I'll share the homemade cookies that the 90-something year old lady across the street gave me and I'll show you the sheriff's deputy's house, about two blocks from me. I'll introduce you to some of the high school football team, all of whom came out with their trucks to clean up all the fallen branches after last week's storm and then we'll go out to the farm just outside of town where the farmer puts out hundreds of dollars worth of produce by the side of the road -- including pumpkins this time of year -- knowing that his neighbors can all be trusted to pay for what they take. If you're having trouble sleeping some night, keep an eye out for the deputy making his rounds three times a night, driving slowly up and down every street. Maybe you know the one person in town who shows any evidence of doing any drugs, a Veteran with PTSD, whom the entire town looks out for, not because they don't trust him but because they care about his well being.

Forum List

Back