Favorite weapon?

Well, let's see. The guns I actually enjoy shooting for fun. A pair of 1858 replica .44 Remington revolvers. A TC Hawken .50 muzzle loader. As much a peice of decorative furniture as a gun.

The gun I have with which I have gotten the most game? A .250 Savage, model 99e. Handloaded, 117 grain, standard powder load.

The rifle I have that I would choose for long terms survival, if I only had the choice of one. A Mossberg 640KD .22 magnum. The ammunition weighs very little, and that gun is a nail driver out to 200 yards.

Shotgun? Well, I have one, a single shot 12, chambered for 3" magnum shells, 36" barrel, full choke. It weighs about 3 lbs, and I only use magnums for geese. Nothing smaller is worth the pain. Used to hunt pidgeon and grouse with low base. Haven't shot it in years. Another thing that will change shortly.

I like throwing cutting blades when sarcasm and irony aren't deadly enough.

My favorite weapon is Chuck Norris. I always keep one in my pocket at all times.

ChuckNorris.jpg

I don't know a whole lot about guns. but of the ones we own my favorite is a Taurus revolver. It shoots 410 shotgun shells and 45 caliber bullets, you can mix and match too.

Semi auto handguns:
Love CZs. Have a CZ52 & a CZ82
Revolver:
Taurus 357, S&W 38 special
Assualt rifles:
M5 & MP44
Rifles:
M1, M14, AR15 G33-40, Enfield Mark1 - 4
Submachine:
PPS 43, mp40
Light Machine gun:
MG42, MG34
Heavy Machine gun:
Ma duce

I'd like to know what everybody's favorite firearm is. I'll make it easy and separate by category.

revolver
automatic
rifle
shotgun

My choices:

revolver- Colt Python .357 mag
automatic- Kimber Custom TLE II
rifle- Remington 700 BDL custom, chambered in 30-06
shotgun- Remington 870 Wingmaster

These are my favorites. The only one I don't own is the Python.

my favorite weapon was a 1950s ceramic poodle lamp... 2 years ago I awoke to find 2 intruders in my home when confronted they attacked and fractured one of my ribs..I grabbed my poodle lamp and knocked out the biggest of the 2 then slashed the face and eye of the second one with the broken shard i was left with in my hand...the guy that got cut escaped but i sat on the other until the cops came and arrested him...they found the other one at the hospital getting stitches...they received a years probation...no fine..no jail time..but a record for breaking in and assault..oh ya and they had to attend narcotics anonymous for the probation period once a week

Last edited:
Early Redhawk 44
Browning high power
M1A National Match or a 700 bolt
Mossberg 500

Those are guns I seldom had to repair.....unless some idiot with a book tried to be a gunsmith.

My favorite weapon is the new H1N1 vaccine that's about to hit the market.

Revolver: Smith Model 19 snub
Semi: Glock 29 10mm or SIG P220
Rifle: That's a toughie. I just picked up a Rem 700 in .243 but I haven't shot it yet. Really it's the AR-15 platform, most popular rifle in AMerica
Shotgun: I've got a Browning XS Skeet that's pretty nice. Depends on what I'm doing.

The Python is one of the most over-rated firearms. I own one.
The 1911 is probably the most over rated firearm. I've seen many of them hiccup at matches. They're ok range/game guns but I sure wouldn't trust my life to one And Kimbers are real pretty and all but have serious durability issues.

I have quite a few guns but my favorites are these:
Revolver: S&W .357 and Ruger Blackhawk .44 cal
Automatic: 1911 Colt .45
Rifle: Remington Model 701 .223 with 10 X scope. Really great, flat shooting rifle.
Shotgun: Fox .410 double barrel (rabbits and fuzzy tailed tree climbers) and Browning Light 12

I'd like to know what everybody's favorite firearm is. I'll make it easy and separate by category.

revolver
automatic
rifle
shotgun

My choices:

revolver- Colt Python .357 mag
automatic- Kimber Custom TLE II
rifle- Remington 700 BDL custom, chambered in 30-06
shotgun- Remington 870 Wingmaster

These are my favorites. The only one I don't own is the Python.

My tongue, apparently.. When pissed, I'm told it cuts deeper than any knife, and fires quicker than any gun. :eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back