Favorite weapon?

When I was in ROTC we had M-14s, I'd love to own one.

then tell the MRS...'Guys just gotta have fun' a pun on the Girlie song'! If this doesn't work all I can say is go for your "Freedom" was this not a movie all the girls loved...'Mel Gibson' et al! I moved on way before this movie excited the ladies...I am a 'Happy Camper'...Go for it MR.P seek the Freedom you are looking for....time is short don't fall behind!:laugh:

then tell the MRS...'Guys just gotta have fun' a pun on the Girlie song'! If this doesn't work all I can say is go for your "Freedom" was this not a movie all the girls loved...'Mel Gibson' et al! I moved on way before this movie excited the ladies...I am a 'Happy Camper'...Go for it MR.P seek the Freedom you are looking for....time is short don't fall behind!:laugh:

It has nothing to do with the Mrs. Arch. I have more guns now than I need.
If I really, really, really wanted a M-14 I'd have one..Wanting one, well, it's sort of like wanting anything else I guess. I don't just buy because I want, I have to have a need..I don't, so the want is just a fantasy. I'll probaly never have one.:tng:

If I really, really, really wanted a M-14 I'd have one..Wanting one, well, it's sort of like wanting anything else I guess. I don't just buy because I want, I have to have a need..I don't, so the want is just a fantasy. I'll probaly never have one.:tng:

Denial being the cause of all the chaos...carry on 'chopper guy' I am free and maybe someday y'all will also be...lol...anymore jokes ya want to present...the 'seven sex' analogy...lol...I give up!:spank3: Your needs really need to be addressed with the Mrs....ya came out and now are fleeing for the shadows...whats the old saying...oh yeah "Pussy whipped"...lol:shocked:

Opp's better clarify this...I meant you came out referring to wanting to be free from marriage and all the control...not the other...'comming out' lol

What you could do is make it an incentive for yourself. Buy an M-14 after you lose a certain amount of weight, quit smoking, or something along those lines. That's what I do with cheeseburgers.

Denial being the cause of all the chaos...carry on 'chopper guy' I am free and maybe someday y'all will also be...lol...anymore jokes ya want to present...the 'seven sex' analogy...lol...I give up!:spank3: Your needs really need to be addressed with the Mrs....ya came out and now are fleeing for the shadows...whats the old saying...oh yeah "Pussy whipped"...lol:shocked:

Are you off your meds agian, Arch? I have no clue wtf you're talking about.

Are you off your meds agian, Arch? I have no clue wtf you're talking about.

Ya are in denial...ya start this BS then run for cover...how the hell did ya manage to graduate from 'Chopper School' anyhoo? the 'cycle' is is running amuck! Mo' rudder pressure is needed!...lol ps: the only meds I take is asprin...cause ya are giving me a 'BS' headache...lol:thup:

Ya are in denial...ya start this BS then run for cover...how the hell did ya manage to graduate from 'Chopper School' anyhoo? the 'cycle' is is running amuck! Mo' rudder pressure is needed!...lol ps: the only meds I take is asprin...cause ya are giving me a 'BS' headache...lol:thup:

There is no rudder on a helicopter, Arch.:funnyface

Really...ya got a stick and peddles...just a matter of semantics...all is relevant...dont'cha know...lol:sleepy1:

Nope I don't, teach me..But remember, I have 4000+ hours in a helicopter with a commercial license.. I may be slow, but I do know what I'm talking about. It ain't semantics.:smoke:

Nope I don't, teach me..But remember, I have 4000+ hours in a helicopter with a commercial license.. I may be slow, but I do know what I'm talking about. It ain't semantics.:smoke:

Please enlighten me why 'Choppers' have peddles on the floor...maybe something to do with 'L' 'R' movement....kinda sorta like rudders on fixed wing aircraft...only the prop in the rear is the rudder...please tell me I didn't flunk basic aerodynamics...lol:cheers2:

Back peddle all ya want...'Chopper guy';)

Please enlighten me why 'Choppers' have peddles on the floor...maybe something to do with 'L' 'R' movement....kinda sorta like rudders on fixed wing aircraft...only the prop in the rear is the rudder...please tell me I didn't flunk basic aerodynamics...lol:cheers2:

Back peddle all ya want...'Chopper guy';)

They’re called anti-torque pedals, they control the tail rotor, without a controlable tail rotor the aircraft would spin under the main rotor opposite of the main rotor rotation.

That is the primary purpose on the ground at a hover. In flight they are used for coordinated turns ( somewhat like a rudder) and to counter the effects of added or reduced power (torgue).

They’re called anti-torque pedals, they control the tail rotor, without a controlable tail rotor the aircraft would spin under the main rotor opposite of the main rotor rotation.

That is the primary purpose on the ground at a hover. In flight they are used for coordinated turns ( somewhat like a rudder) and to counter the effects of added or reduced power (torgue).

***sneaks in*** while the bbq heats up...ya just made my day...I love it when one admits defeat...albeit in a subtle way....yes the tail rotors control direction as do rudders...and this can be overcome if the 'main rotor' is designed as on some... to have two main rotors rotating in opposite directions...see I did not flunk aerodynamics 101...even though I am not a 'chopper guy'...wanted to be... but hey thats another story...carry on Mr.P backpeddling is fitting...lol

I'd like to know what everybody's favorite firearm is. I'll make it easy and separate by category.

revolver
automatic
rifle
shotgun

My choices:

revolver- Colt Python .357 mag
automatic- Kimber Custom TLE II
rifle- Remington 700 BDL custom, chambered in 30-06
shotgun- Remington 870 Wingmaster

These are my favorites. The only one I don't own is the Python.
I don't have anything specific, but I am fond of the standard issue Baretta 9mm as well as Lugers.

***sneaks in*** while the bbq heats up...ya just made my day...I love it when one admits defeat...albeit in a subtle way....yes the tail rotors control direction as do rudders...and this can be overcome if the 'main rotor' is designed as on some... to have two main rotors rotating in opposite directions...see I did not flunk aerodynamics 101...even though I am not a 'chopper guy'...wanted to be... but hey thats another story...carry on Mr.P backpeddling is fitting...lol

Arch, you're making a fool of yer self again. You never had rotory wing aerodynamics 101, that's obvious. :bye1:

Arch, you're making a fool of yer self again. You never had rotory wing aerodynamics 101, that's obvious. :bye1:

And you know this for a fact?...humm never mind it is irrelevant...as I was right and you were wrong...please if ya must backpeddle at least admit defeat...lol:bye1:

For the record I completed aerodynamics in fixed wing..however the principle of flight controls are the same...:happy2:

Since y'all are talking helos as a weapon system (means we are on topic) I will vote for the Cobra (nostalgia) and the Apache (just awesome).

And you know this for a fact?...humm never mind it is irrelevant...as I was right and you were wrong...please if ya must backpeddle at least admit defeat...lol:bye1:

For the record I completed aerodynamics in fixed wing..however the principle of flight controls are the same...:happy2:

Yes, I do know, and we were not talking "principle of flight controls" that's a whole different subject. I beleive aerodynamics was your subject presented as rudder pedels.:eek2: Get with it Arch, aerodynamics or flight controls?

We can talk transverse follow, translating tendency, lift vs drag, P factor or many many other aerodynamic subjects if ya want, just stay on topic. K?

Since y'all are talking helos as a weapon system (means we are on topic) I will vote for the Cobra (nostalgia) and the Apache (just awesome).

I'll tell ya peg..You never want one targeting you. I'm sure you know that already.

Nostalgia? check out the pic I posted in the Military section.:salute:

Must agree...albeit these were after my time...did mine in the Huey UH1B et al..
only weapon systems were the door gunner and latter some rockets...lol...of course ya could spit and throw rocks or whatever ya could get your hands on!:teeth:

Yes, I do know, and we were not talking "principle of flight controls" that's a whole different subject. I beleive aerodynamics was your subject presented as rudder pedels.:eek2: Get with it Arch, aerodynamics or flight controls?

We can talk transverse follow, translating tendency, lift vs drag, P factor or many many other aerodynamic subjects if ya want, just stay on topic. K?

'K' thats cute...we were talking pitch and yaw etc...flight controls...part of aerodynamics... now I will concede as ya can't seem to grasp the debate and concede that you were wrong...so I will accept responsibility to end this...even though we both know I was right...lol:talk2:

Forum List

Back