Favorite Spring Thing?

What's your favorite thing about spring? This is mine:

img_3353_tree_swallow.jpg
treeswallows3edit.jpg

The tree swallows just came back today to start nesting. They're checking out the box on the shed. The bluebirds usually take that one but you never know. A few years back they took the box on the trellis and laid three eggs. A few days after they hatched I heard squawking and looked out to see feathers flying out of the box. I ran out and a wren had gotten in an tossed out all three of the 2 day old babies. I managed to save two of them and put them back in the box. They fledged a few weeks later. I look forward too and thoroughly enjoy their return each spring.

Clarinex-D :eusa_eh:

You know when you look up in the sky and see a flock of birds flying. I mean a shit load of them? Well last week they all landed in my front yard. I've never seen that before. I was like holy cow...and immediately thought of the movie "The Birds" LOL

As long as they don't linger on your lawn. That's a sign of grub worms. Bad for glass.

but you don't have to mow glass! :eusa_angel:

You know when you look up in the sky and see a flock of birds flying. I mean a shit load of them? Well last week they all landed in my front yard. I've never seen that before. I was like holy cow...and immediately thought of the movie "The Birds" LOL

As long as they don't linger on your lawn. That's a sign of grub worms. Bad for glass.

We had that problem one particular summer. Then we bought Grub-Ex!

buy some windex! :eusa_angel:

• Thanks
Reactions: del
The return of the Robins.

They are the happiest song birds (and possibly the dumbest, too) of spring.

Their songs are so cheerful.

Morning doves, also have a wonderful tune.

The thing I like most about spring is hanging around the frozen food section at Wal-Mart. The ladies have stopped wearing heavy clothing and the coolness of the air when they open one of the doors to get their frozen veggies causes certain body parts come to life and begin to bud just like the trees do before the leaves start showing up. I love spring.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
I hate spring clean up.
I love the new choices of clothing women wear in spring.
I love being able to roll the window down again while driving.
I love having my coffee on the porch.
Watching squirrels bitch at my dog again is always fun.

Last edited:
Ok, so I seriously read that as 'stop taking algebra' and thought how fandamntastic. :lol: :lol:

I took Algebra in HS and college, aced it every time. To this day I cannot do a single algebraic equation. :lol:

:lol: I just realized you said you ACED it in HS?

Then how come you can't do an equation???

Ever hear of rote memorization? :lol: I never used it afterwards, the same for geometry and calculus. I have an artistic, not a clinical mind, it's just the way my mind works.

Well I cleaned bathrooms, kitchen with all closets, drawers and cabinets done. I cannot do windows yet. Pollen is out and it is thick. I'll probably pull out my pressure washers and do the outside next week or the week after. That is when I'll do windows.

I'm tired, so time to chill.

Forum List

Back