Favorite sandwich as a kid?

Why did cheese have to be given up? From what I have been told, cheese is a good source of protein for those who do not want to eat meat.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

There are numerous reasons. I could list them here, but since it's off topic, one of the reasons is in this quote below... and if you really want to know the answer to your question, I linked to a video below this image.

For a short summary on all the reasons, watch this video or click the above image. :) (Hey, you asked.)

Of course! The chunkier the better. Smoothie is for sissies.

Never had that but it sounds like a good switch from the usual jelly. I have that in stock and will have to try it. Do you recommend yellow, brown or hot, I keep 4-5 different mustards in stock all the time.

BTW, what jelly do most people here like? I usually go for strawberry or some similar berry, but the selection in most stores suck and is rather limited and when you find an off variety, they always want to sell it in a tiny jar for a fantastic price. I might like grape if just someone would make it right with more actual GRAPE in it thick with pieces of skin in the jelly.
I would lean towards hot & brown, but a good yellow works as well. Yellow was all we had back in the 50's. Buit go with what you prefer, or experiment with assorted.
I tend to prefer jam over jelly. Usually raspberry, but we have a fig tree so we've done some versions of fig with ~ basil, pineapple, walnuts, ,...

There are numerous reasons. I could list them here, but since it's off topic, one of the reasons is in this quote below... and if you really want to know the answer to your question, I linked to a video below this image.

For a short summary on all the reasons, watch this video or click the above image. :) (Hey, you asked.)

It's called farming. Farmers got to do what farmers got to do in order to grow livestock and plants in order to feed the world.
Nobody ever said it was going to be pretty. And if you think otherwise, then you've been living in a hole all your life.

And just for the record....................

Farmers that grow vegetables and "vegan" plant resources have to kill HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of animals a year in order to keep those crops from being eaten/destroyed.

There's just as much blood on a vegans hands, as there is on a meat eaters hands.

Something my two brothers always requested, which I only tried decades later and realized it was good;
Peanut butter (ideally chunky), mustard and sliced dill pickle. On white bread since that was mostly what was around in the 1950s.

Well, I needed to eat something so I just made one of your sandwiches!
  1. Extra chunky peanut butter.
  2. French's Yellow Deli Mustard because that just seemed right and more common than brown mustard back in the 60's and more likely what a kid would want anyway back then.
  3. Thick-sliced hamburger dill pickle drained on a plate.
  4. All on thick toasted Dave's 21 grain whole wheat natural organic bread.
I liked it! And it agrees with me. Seems to digest much better than PB&J and not lay heavy in the stomach. The pickle supports digestive juices. The above combo was great and I think it was better than jelly, and no sugar, plus not messy and sticky. I would eat it again. I toasted the bread well enough but not to the point of hardness or dryness, used adequate PB, not too thick but sufficient, then an ample amount of the yellow mustard (I think the yellow flavor cuts through better than brown mustard would), and slathered with bumper to bumper pickle slices.

The mustard and pickle nicely take away the stickiness of the PB and the crunchiness of the pickle added a nice texture while breaking up the PB so it doesn't stick in your mouth, giving you an amalgam of all three flavors equally balanced and much less "peanut-buttery," much less dry, and not sweet like regular PB&J.

Thanks! I think I am a convert.

As a kid my favorite sandwich was one they made in the school cafeteria in the seventies. It was peanut butter and jelly, but instead of peanut butter on one side and jelly on the other, it was peanut butter mixed with apple jelly for a goldent creamy smooth mixture that was awsome. Between two slices of bread cut diagonally and wrapped in saran wrap.

I make them sometimes still.

As a kid my favorite sandwich was one they made in the school cafeteria in the seventies. It was peanut butter and jelly, but instead of peanut butter on one side and jelly on the other, it was peanut butter mixed with apple jelly for a goldent creamy smooth mixture that was awsome. Between two slices of bread cut diagonally and wrapped in saran wrap. I make them sometimes still.

I wonder if that would work with warm baked candied spiced apple in lieu of the jelly, like what you might buy in a can for pie filling?

Wow, that just sounds evil! I've actually been eating something a little similar: Pulled chicken on toasted bread/buns smothered in thick slices of jalapeno pepper covered in thick slices of Swiss cheese on top then microwaved to heat the chicken until the cheese softens and starts to melt down into the peppers and chicken!

Sauce is optional but sometimes I add a little mango/coconut sauce mixed with hot pepper/black truffle sauce on top.

That sounds delicious!!!!!!:up:

Not even foods that contain milk? It is true that milk does come from an animal, but the good thing is that the animal isn't slaughtered for it.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Are you ignorant, or lying? Or just naive?

What do you think happens to a dairy cow when it's no longer "useful"? Do you have ANY idea how they're treated even when they are "useful"? Watch the video Buttercup provided.

They are impregnated continually so they can produce milk. Do you know what veal is? Do you know what they do to a calf?

It's red pill time. But I'm guessing you'd prefer remaining ignorant and "happy." If you're comfortable with animal abuse, that's on you, but you really should have a BASIC knowledge of the world you live in

Not even foods that contain milk? It is true that milk does come from an animal, but the good thing is that the animal isn't slaughtered for it.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Not even milk and eggs

Just because dairy cows aren't killed in no way means they are treated humanely while they are alive.

Besides that cow's milk is for making baby cows grow really fat fast and humans have no need to drink it.

My favorite sandwich when I was little, was something my granny concocted for me, and I loved it.

Hard toasted bread, with cheese, fried egg, fried balona, fried bacon, and tomato.

9K9A0252-1024x752.jpg
Marble Rye, a nice fat piece of Good deli liverwurst, a slice of yellow onion, mayo on both bread slices topped with horseradish mustard!
BANG!

I remember my parents actually getting mad at me cause I’d always order a grilled cheese every time we ate out.

Forum List

Back